Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[DE]Danielle

(Switch) The Old Blood: Update 26.0.8 Status - Live!

....Warframe on switch was about 25 gigs before a massive rebuild over the summer, when they amalgamated a load of the assets and basically tuned the entire game down to sub-20 gigs. I have always used internal storage for the game (I've had one or two corrupted SD cards and Warframe is my main game so hate relying on them) and never actually been unable to fit the whole game on the internal storage.

The old blood won't raise the file size up to the previous maximum size so internal memory (with nothing else on there) can still be used.

It's possible that Nintendo are more aware now of the update nature of live services and the effect this can have on slower / cheaper SD cards, and want to avoid anything that could potentially damage an SD card and bring bad PR to Nintendo themselves. 

Whichever way you slice it, this is demonstrably NOT a DE problem. Yes there are bigger games on switch but how many of them  have huge regular updates like Warframe?

So, the onus here is clearly on Nintendo. Your ire should be directed at them, not DE.

The fact that DE are even engaging in this discussion, rather than just saying 'speak to Nintendo we've done our bit' says a lot for them.

Are DE supposed to cripple the pc and console versions of Warframe just to fit in with Nintendo? Or are they supposed to create a cut down lite version specifically for switch? I would hope not. That they are cramming this game on to a HANDHELD is miraculous enough.

Think about where you're directing your anger is all. Even better, think about dropping the anger altogether and enjoying what we already have. DE haven't given up on Nintendo, so I certainly won't.

29 minutes ago, (NSW)ssss010177 said:

Hey, delay it's not DE fault, just problems with certification on Nintendo side. They could not give us anything, but they did it, so show some respect to developers and wait a bit for update.

We've been waiting for this update to go to cert for 3 weeks. Then it takes 1 week of cert for the other console and we on switch font have it. 

Ps4 and Xbox was already a 1 month waiting. 

Nintendo switch is at a minimum of 1month and 1 week of wait. 

So yes people are allowed to be pissed when they see DE updating the bloody pc again! When they are already working on the Rising Tides for ps4 and Xbox! 

Yes the delay is Nintendo fault! But the choice to work on the other consoles and not put the whole team on this Huge problem is DE fault! 

And you say they give us something as forgiveness. Probleme with that is you have to get the update first to get anything so it solves nothing! 

There's a bloody elephant in this room so talk about it instead of hiding behind you nonses of who's fault it it! 

It's Nintendo and DE fault. Nintendo for being pricks like always and DE for deciding it was a brilliant idea to release rising tides on Pc when one of the consoles gets wrecked! 

So yes people are allowed to be very angry after all parties involved. 

18 minutes ago, (NSW)Lorkhan said:

But the choice to work on the other consoles and not put the whole team on this Huge problem is DE fault! 

How is it their fault? They sent the build to nintendo, the issue is with nintendo now, DE can't do anything until Nintendo tells them. And the next build, as far as we know, is being worked on for all consoles.

Also, pc always gets the updates first, wich gives them time to then fix the bugs or improve upon it for when it comes to console, if you can't handle the fact that this is the way things are, why did you ever decide to play on console and not on pc?

All I have to say is that I severely regret playing this on my switch and not on my xb1. Any chance of letting us port from switch to another platform? This appears it's gonna be an issue w/every future update on switch. Please let us port. I am quite financially invested I. this game and these delays really make me regret it. I know it's not your fault, DE, but this has become our problem. A few relics doesn't ease any pain or regret. Please do more for us! We're trying to be patient.

Going on 10 days with no unvaulted relics, can we get in touch with Nintendo directly to explain how they're impacting this game by delaying the update?

1 hour ago, (NSW)Lorkhan said:

We've been waiting for this update to go to cert for 3 weeks. Then it takes 1 week of cert for the other console and we on switch font have it. 

Ps4 and Xbox was already a 1 month waiting. 

Nintendo switch is at a minimum of 1month and 1 week of wait. 

So yes people are allowed to be pissed when they see DE updating the bloody pc again! When they are already working on the Rising Tides for ps4 and Xbox! 

Yes the delay is Nintendo fault! But the choice to work on the other consoles and not put the whole team on this Huge problem is DE fault! 

And you say they give us something as forgiveness. Probleme with that is you have to get the update first to get anything so it solves nothing! 

There's a bloody elephant in this room so talk about it instead of hiding behind you nonses of who's fault it it! 

It's Nintendo and DE fault. Nintendo for being pricks like always and DE for deciding it was a brilliant idea to release rising tides on Pc when one of the consoles gets wrecked! 

So yes people are allowed to be very angry after all parties involved. 

This is the definition of entitlement. I recommend you to buy a PC and go there and enjoy the updates full of bugs they get until a stable version is reached (casually, that stable version is what we in consoles receive). For the way you write, I seriously doubt you should be playing this game as it's rated M for Mature tho,

1 hour ago, (NSW)Lorkhan said:

You need to get over PC getting updates while our issue gets sorted out. They are not going to hold back other systems because of us. It wouldn't be fair to anyone else. Don't be surprised either if they send Rising Tides to cert for Xbox / PS4 while we are still waiting. As much as people here are salty about the wait, you would have the entire PS4 / Xbox base mad as hell if their update was delayed because of our issue. 

Besides, what do you want them to do? Just all stop working and sit around waiting? You can't develop your way out of this if the issue is Nintendo performing additional testing. 

4 minutes ago, (NSW)ohgodzilla said:

You need to get over PC getting updates while our issue gets sorted out. They are not going to hold back other systems because of us. It wouldn't be fair to anyone else. Don't be surprised either if they send Rising Tides to cert for Xbox / PS4 while we are still waiting. As much as people here are salty about the wait, you would have the entire PS4 / Xbox base mad as hell if their update was delayed because of our issue. 

Besides, what do you want them to do? Just all stop working and sit around waiting? You can't develop your way out of this if the issue is Nintendo performing additional testing. 

Well one option might be to indroduce cross save and let the community decide if they want to wait for updates on switch or play on PC/PS4/XB1 until the updates are out on switch. I really love the game and I will buy my first dual vault access tomorrow, but Nintendos update policy is annoying af.

15 hours ago, (NSW)Faerwald said:

I would have thought this was some sort of RAM thing but I really don't know much about coding and programming. And for the game to run so smoothly on the Switch (because let's face it, it's one of the better optimized games on the console), there must be some sort et tech trick, or coding wizardy going on.

It all has to do with the fact that solid state storage has a finite number of read/write actions before it breaks down and stops working. I had thought that this was a non issue as the industry has gotten to the standard of trillions of read/write cycles before you can expect to see any degradation (excluding other types of failures)

Evidently SD cards are held to different standards which i suppose is to be expected given the issue with bootleg cards the market is currently struggling with.

As for optimization, the hell are you smoking? Unless your playing solo or doing early star-map content where fewer things spawn the game chugs. Hell you cant even load into Orb Vallis with a full squad in the elevator without everyone crashing. I highly doubt that everyone in my clan has a broken switch including the 2 that I own.

The game is not “smooth,” not by a long shot. It runs and considering what the switch has that is impressive. But there is plenty of other games that are better optimized for the console and there is plenty of room for improvement. Personally after rising tide drops for us Nintennos I really wish DE would focus on performance improvements for a bit especially when it comes to Orb Villas and plains frame rates, not that i expect that much out of the console, and load times.

It really frigging sucks when it takes 5 minutes just to get out of the gate. Stack that delay up a few times and you start missing out on potential captures.

12 minutes ago, (NSW)Nadlug said:

It all has to do with the fact that solid state storage has a finite number of read/write actions before it breaks down and stops working. I had thought that this was a non issue as the industry has gotten to the standard of trillions of read/write cycles before you can expect to see any degradation (excluding other types of failures)

Evidently SD cards are held to different standards which i suppose is to be expected given the issue with bootleg cards the market is currently struggling with.

As for optimization, the hell are you smoking? Unless your playing solo or doing early star-map content where fewer things spawn the game chugs. Hell you cant even load into Orb Vallis with a full squad in the elevator without everyone crashing. I highly doubt that everyone in my clan has a broken switch including the 2 that I own.

The game is not “smooth,” not by a long shot. It runs and considering what the switch has that is impressive. But there is plenty of other games that are better optimized for the console and there is plenty of room for improvement. Personally after rising tide drops for us Nintennos I really wish DE would focus on performance improvements for a bit especially when it comes to Orb Villas and plains frame rates, not that i expect that much out of the console, and load times.

It really frigging sucks when it takes 5 minutes just to get out of the gate. Stack that delay up a few times and you start missing out on potential captures.

Dude, usual times for loading Fortuna and the plains for me and my party is about 2 mins, never had 5 minutes of loading, like... Ever. It might be because of slow internet connections or slow SD cards, keep in mind that to load the plains, the host must load first and the rest later, so if the host has a slow speed connection or SD, it will take a lot more to load. Same for the rest. And about the crashes while loading It's been months that I don't experience one (nor anyone in my clan). If you're not doing it already, I recommend you to not leave warframe in standby when you put your console to sleep, but to close it completely and launch it every time you want to play. Doing this I reduced the amount of crashes to almost zero before the last update (that furtherly reduced them to a point where now they are a very rare event).

I agree however in the performance issues, but I'm not too optimistic with it, the fact the game runs on Switch is already an impressive feat, and in most non-open world missions the performance is decent even with lots of enemies (obviously there's a point where it drops, but still, it's impressive).

Yes, there are plenty of games better optimized but they rarely (if ever) have so many things happening in the screen at the same time. The amount of stuff that goes during a mission in warframe is hardly seen in any other game, so I'd say the game is very very well optimized considering everything.

1 hour ago, (NSW)H0rst said:

Well one option might be to indroduce cross save and let the community decide if they want to wait for updates on switch or play on PC/PS4/XB1 until the updates are out on switch. I really love the game and I will buy my first dual vault access tomorrow, but Nintendos update policy is annoying af.

Yup couldn't agree more. Cross save is my number 1 wishlist item for this game by miles.

1 hour ago, (NSW)H0rst said:

They mentioned that they were looking into cross saves a while back, haven't they? I think this would help this whole situation BIG TIME. Even if we would only be able to play on an "older" build on switch, you could play the current content on your PC and maybe do Nightwave stuff on your switch while chilling on the couch. 

Every time I boot up Warframe on my Switch I am freaking AMAZED that this is working. Yeah, the performance can sometimes dip (a lot) but ey: I can farm Relics while sitting on the pooper 😄 I really hope they don't fear that cross save would get everyone just to play on PC (or other consoles than switch). Because I really believe it would be quite the contrary: I think it would be amazing for PC players that maybe also own a Switch, to spent the big part of their game time on PC (like upcoming Railjack stuff) and then switch to Switch (get it?) to do grinding on Helene or something like that. 

I would LOVE to see that. I get it that there are problems with different builds, the whole Platinum transfer, skins, Tennogen, ... because every platform handles it a bit different. I just really hope they find a solution, because the game would benefit MASSIVELY from it (in my opinion of course). 

Just now, (NSW)TheCHEWER said:

They mentioned that they were looking into cross saves a while back, haven't they? I think this would help this whole situation BIG TIME. Even if we would only be able to play on an "older" build on switch, you could play the current content on your PC and maybe do Nightwave stuff on your switch while chilling on the couch. 

Every time I boot up Warframe on my Switch I am freaking AMAZED that this is working. Yeah, the performance can sometimes dip (a lot) but ey: I can farm Relics while sitting on the pooper 😄 I really hope they don't fear that cross save would get everyone just to play on PC (or other consoles than switch). Because I really believe it would be quite the contrary: I think it would be amazing for PC players that maybe also own a Switch, to spent the big part of their game time on PC (like upcoming Railjack stuff) and then switch to Switch (get it?) to do grinding on Helene or something like that. 

I would LOVE to see that. I get it that there are problems with different builds, the whole Platinum transfer, skins, Tennogen, ... because every platform handles it a bit different. I just really hope they find a solution, because the game would benefit MASSIVELY from it (in my opinion of course). 

Yep that's exactly how I imagine it. Also, I will certainly not take my PC with me to a business trip. My switch, however, is always with me during this trips. I'm very satisfied with the performance as well, except concerning the loading times for PoE. But probably there isn't much one can do.

1 hour ago, (NSW)Belaptir said:

Dude, usual times for loading Fortuna and the plains for me and my party is about 2 mins, never had 5 minutes of loading, like... Ever. It might be because of slow internet connections or slow SD cards, keep in mind that to load the plains, the host must load first and the rest later, so if the host has a slow speed connection or SD, it will take a lot more to load. Same for the rest. And about the crashes while loading It's been months that I don't experience one (nor anyone in my clan). If you're not doing it already, I recommend you to not leave warframe in standby

Considering I normally host, pay for a  1Gig network package, and bought a high end sd card specifically for warframe there should not be an issue.

Last I tried the standby thing was fixed but even then I always shut off warframe completely before putting my switch to sleep. So again not a factor here.

Plains and orb vallis have always been horrendously optimized on the switch, plains had some recent improvements and major crash fixes but Vallus has yet to see any equivalent attention.

If i’m in a squad of 4 and try to enter the vallus via elevator or orbiter it always crashes. The only way for me, and my housemate and anyone in our clan to get in is with one person connecting at a time.

Guess the clans just cursed or something 😛

Speaking of my housemate, warframe still pitches a fit if you have more than 1 person playing on the same network. I have spent dozens of hours tweaking game console and router settings, Setting up port forwarding. And it gives a strict nat error when the 2’nd person in my house connects. 
Its usually just that a message and it doesn't impact gameplay though, but it is annoying.

21 minutes ago, (NSW)Nadlug said:

Considering I normally host, pay for a  1Gig network package, and bought a high end sd card specifically for warframe there should not be an issue.

Last I tried the standby thing was fixed but even then I always shut off warframe completely before putting my switch to sleep. So again not a factor here.

Plains and orb vallis have always been horrendously optimized on the switch, plains had some recent improvements and major crash fixes but Vallus has yet to see any equivalent attention.

If i’m in a squad of 4 and try to enter the vallus via elevator or orbiter it always crashes. The only way for me, and my housemate and anyone in our clan to get in is with one person connecting at a time.

Speaking of my housemate, warframe still pitches a fit if you have more than 1 person playing on the same network. I have spent dozens of hours tweaking game console and router settings, Setting up port forwarding. And it gives a strict nat error when the 2’nd person in my house connects. 
Its usually just that a message and it doesn't impact gameplay though, but it is annoying.

Well, the internet in general pitches a fit if you're hosting from what I've experienced. While peer to peer has the advantage of not relying on servers, anyone else connecting to the same router as the host is gonna have a bad time. Probably just really demanding since your router is basically acting as the server for the squad

vor 38 Minuten schrieb (NSW)Nadlug:

I don't have any problems like these... Playing Vallis often and Plains for Tridolon, game is on sd card, loading times between 40 and 80sec. with 4 players 25-30fps constantly... (only lower when playera join or leave squad) It crashes rarely when i stay in orb vallis way to long without quitting (more than one hour at once)

It's my second nature now to waking up in the morning (my local time) then check up Warframe site for update status.

Who to blame, I don't know.

I always look at the bright side (It isn't good for your eyes, but it's good for your mind. This IS a PUN.) 

While waiting, I have time to complete my Railjack on PC, and farming unvaulted relics

While waiting, I have time to prepare for Dry Dock on Xbox, and farming unvaulted relics.

While waiting, I have time to collect all resources that been required for Dry Dock on Switch since I kinda short on every single resource.

On 2019-11-11 at 8:21 PM, [DE]Danielle said:

due to the American Thanksgiving festivities there may be a bit of delay as people are off on holiday.

Oh this don’t sound good. @[DE]Danielle big thx for staying transparent, saying about possible delays in this situation must be hard task. 

This is bad @[DE]Danielle

The switch has a month old build and lots of bugs that isn't fixed and now this update would possibly take a two weeks delay.

This SD problem should have been taking care off long before the game lauched on switch.

I truly hope this is the last time switchtenno have to wait so long for an update or you'll completly lost your playerbase on this support.

Honestly, I think this is a pretty forward thinking solution. Wow classic has been a big hit, so people can just play this when they get nostalgic for the pre-railjack days.

DE white knights apologist need chill for everyone 1 person saying something about the game 3 of u come out to defend it and if u check the last 3 or 4 pages it's almost the same people over and over defending DE. Same  with the onest earing DE but you can't be blind to the bugs and problems the game has.

People can be mad about there being a delay in the update.I play other games and I work but I'm bad at playing multiple games at the same time so I play one at a time. So when the update was announced I prepared everything so that on my free time I could play Warframe but here we are no update , are u saying I can't be upset or mad about that? And more with all the troubles Warframe have had in the switch.

Wow. I've constantly heard about gamers being excessively entitled in news reports but I generally disagree as most of the time, complaints made by the gaming community are justified. But this thread is an example of those who think gamers are whiney babies.

It's okay to be upset. That's normal. But there is a level of vitriol here that does not match the offense in question. I'm not white knighting. I'm just being objective about the situation. I want the update as well and am upset we don't have it. I'm mad to an extent as well. But some of you are going way too far.

For someone to suggest that all of DE (again, 300+ employees) stop everything they are working on (which as we all know is constantly delayed as is) to handle this one problem that IS NOT THEIR FAULT is crazy. What do you want them to actually do? It is on Nintendo, not them. They are awaiting instructions from Nintendo to continue, so they can't possibly do anything even if they stupidly put all 300+ employees on this. The good thing is, we know it's all on Nintendo because DE is being incredibly transparent.

For those stating that DE should give us more than 2 relic packs, honestly that's more entitlement. I would understand wanting more if DE dropped the ball but they didn't. They are being understanding in giving us something at all. If Warframe were a subscription service then you would have a stronger argument.

And for those that are done with this game or giving up on it because for once in the 1 year history of having this large game, which we all clearly love, on Switch is having an issue, then that is sad and life will disappoint you. Take this as a lesson that things don't always go as planned in life. All we can do is adapt and take as much action as we have control over.

Lastly, this is a game. It's not that serious. 

Hopefully this can be turned around as a case for cross-save, cross-progress. Maybe if we all ask for the same solution loud enough, we can be the heroes for all four platforms!! #CrossPlay #CrossSave 🥳🥳🥳❤️❤️❤️🤝🤝🤝