[DE]Danielle

(Switch) The Old Blood: Update 26.0.8 Status - Live!

2 hours ago, (NSW)TheCHEWER said:

They mentioned that they were looking into cross saves a while back, haven't they? I think this would help this whole situation BIG TIME. Even if we would only be able to play on an "older" build on switch, you could play the current content on your PC and maybe do Nightwave stuff on your switch while chilling on the couch. 

Every time I boot up Warframe on my Switch I am freaking AMAZED that this is working. Yeah, the performance can sometimes dip (a lot) but ey: I can farm Relics while sitting on the pooper 😄 I really hope they don't fear that cross save would get everyone just to play on PC (or other consoles than switch). Because I really believe it would be quite the contrary: I think it would be amazing for PC players that maybe also own a Switch, to spent the big part of their game time on PC (like upcoming Railjack stuff) and then switch to Switch (get it?) to do grinding on Helene or something like that. 

I would LOVE to see that. I get it that there are problems with different builds, the whole Platinum transfer, skins, Tennogen, ... because every platform handles it a bit different. I just really hope they find a solution, because the game would benefit MASSIVELY from it (in my opinion of course). 

🥳🥳🥳🥳 i love it!! Hopefully everyone can jump on this wagon. Lets beg and whine and complain and be grateful as one group asking for one thing; crossplay!!! Im sure more problems will come out of this nintendo partnership so its either gonna happen now or later! CrossPlay CrossSave  

• Upvote 1

We'll never get crossplay. Maybe crosssave. 

And now DE talking about going on Thanksgiving holidays! Is int it great? WELL GET THE HALLOWEEN UPDATE FOR BLOODY CHRISTMAS! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, (NSW)Lorkhan said:

We'll never get crossplay. Maybe crosssave. 

And now DE talking about going on Thanksgiving holidays! Is int it great? WELL GET THE HALLOWEEN UPDATE FOR BLOODY CHRISTMAS! 

Hahah!! 

28 minutes ago, (NSW)SantCruz said:

Wow. I've constantly heard about gamers being excessively entitled in news reports but I generally disagree as most of the time, complaints made by the gaming community are justified. But this thread is an example of those who think gamers are whiney babies.

It's okay to be upset. That's normal. But there is a level of vitriol here that does not match the offense in question. I'm not white knighting. I'm just being objective about the situation. I want the update as well and am upset we don't have it. I'm mad to an extent as well. But some of you are going way too far.

For someone to suggest that all of DE (again, 300+ employees) stop everything they are working on (which as we all know is constantly delayed as is) to handle this one problem that IS NOT THEIR FAULT is crazy. What do you want them to actually do? It is on Nintendo, not them. They are awaiting instructions from Nintendo to continue, so they can't possibly do anything even if they stupidly put all 300+ employees on this. The good thing is, we know it's all on Nintendo because DE is being incredibly transparent.

For those stating that DE should give us more than 2 relic packs, honestly that's more entitlement. I would understand wanting more if DE dropped the ball but they didn't. They are being understanding in giving us something at all. If Warframe were a subscription service then you would have a stronger argument.

And for those that are done with this game or giving up on it because for once in the 1 year history of having this large game, which we all clearly love, on Switch is having an issue, then that is sad and life will disappoint you. Take this as a lesson that things don't always go as planned in life. All we can do is adapt and take as much action as we have control over.

Lastly, this is a game. It's not that serious. 

Lol you obviously haven't been playing the game all year around if u think this is the first problem Warframe has had on the switch don't u remember when the game just closed randomly when most of the POE missions where bugged when u couldn't even play fortuna eidolons/hydrolyst  not showing  up and those are just me recalling some issues like another user said slot of ppl  report that going in to plains and to fortuna takes a long time to load.  This is what I mean with ppl white knighting like this game hasn't had huge problems and are talking like when the old blood updates drop it will be but free when all updates realesed on switch always come with new bugs.

I'm not saying the people tearing down DE and blaming them for the update and all that are right. You can defend DE without saying they are doing everything right.

• Upvote 1

Just now, (NSW)W3L0 said:

Lol you obviously haven't been playing the game all year around if u think this is the first problem Warframe has had on the switch don't u remember when the game just closed randomly when most of the POE missions where bugged when u couldn't even play fortuna eidolons/hydrolyst  not showing  up and those are just me recalling some issues like another user said slot of ppl  report that going in to plains and to fortuna takes a long time to load.  This is what I mean with ppl white knighting like this game hasn't had huge problems and are talking like when the old blood updates drop it will be but free when all updates realesed on switch always come with new bugs.

I'm not saying the people tearing down DE and blaming them for the update and all that are right. You can defend DE without saying they are doing everything right.

I have played it since it released. I would say despite the POE thing you mentioned, this is the first major problem. Those other things are just bugs. And considering they were later fixed just proves once again that all this current vitriol is excessive since DE gets to it, even if it's not at the time the user base wants it (which is usually immediately, likely not feasible when working on 4 platforms as well as future elements). Granted, I too have been upset at those instances but still would not call them major considering the game overall worked. And in those cases, it was DE's fault and they worked on it. 

In this case, I have to say DE is doing everything right because they are. In this particular situation, what are they doing wrong that I and other's shouldn't defend?

2 minutes ago, (NSW)SantCruz said:

I have played it since it released. I would say despite the POE thing you mentioned, this is the first major problem. Those other things are just bugs. And considering they were later fixed just proves once again that all this current vitriol is excessive since DE gets to it, even if it's not at the time the user base wants it (which is usually immediately, likely not feasible when working on 4 platforms as well as future elements). Granted, I too have been upset at those instances but still would not call them major considering the game overall worked. And in those cases, it was DE's fault and they worked on it. 

In this case, I have to say DE is doing everything right because they are. In this particular situation, what are they doing wrong that I and other's shouldn't defend?

The problem is u said this is the first time something major has happened which is not like and all of those fixes took weeks and we still have bugs not as game breaking but we have.

The problem is not defending like I already wrote but apparently u just skip thru it again.The problem is you guys act like u are on DE payroll or u where in need of a organ transplant and DE gave it to you like they do no wrong.

I love DE I love the game but the game has problems and has had problems.

2 minutes ago, (NSW)W3L0 said:

The problem is u said this is the first time something major has happened which is not like and all of those fixes took weeks and we still have bugs not as game breaking but we have.

The problem is not defending like I already wrote but apparently u just skip thru it again.The problem is you guys act like u are on DE payroll or u where in need of a organ transplant and DE gave it to you like they do no wrong.

I love DE I love the game but the game has problems and has had problems.

I'm not. I'm being a human being who has made mistakes in life and knows that everyone is capable of the same. I don't need to be on payroll to have empathy.

While you think those defending are acting like we are on payroll, those attacking it are acting like they are saints that have never had a misstep in life. I would hope we could all be more understanding and forgiving to people who are clearly trying to work through the issues. If DE was purposely ignoring things, then I would likely be complaining just as intensely.

From a human perspective, yeah fixed took weeks. They can only dedicate so much staff to those issues and we do not know how complicated the issues were so perhaps it was not as speedy as all of us, including myself, wanted them. I commend them in doing it at all as many companies these days really don't give a damn.

As for current bugs, the only two that bother me and baffle me that are still going on are the black screen load times and the weird operator lock button issues where when trying to use abilities after operator mode, you are locked out. This is because these have been issues for an extremely long time and they continued not to be addressed (supposedly they will with this update). Apparently, DE was not aware of it but I'm pretty sure they have both been reported on several threads so that seems off.

And that's why I can be upset at what I just mentioned and not this or the POE stuff. Those things seemed to be ignored and DE never even addressed them. This and POE and all the other things had communication from DE. 

Do you hear yourself? making excuses for DE , acting like I'm only talking about the people who are defending DE and not the ones attacking when i talked about both. 

Sure DE fixed those problems because they have to I doesn't have to do with if the love it not the game is something they have to do if they want to keep making money and have a job.im not saying they don't love the game or are passionate about it but this is a company and it's their only game and here u are defending them as if u knew them in real life and are close with them.those problems where huge and it doesn't matter if they fix them people still keep the record of the things they done bad and what they done good and fixing a broken update is no a good deed is their reponsability but I'm done trying to explain that to you.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, (NSW)W3L0 said:

Do you hear yourself? making excuses for DE , acting like I'm only talking about the people who are defending DE and not the ones attacking when i talked about both. 

Sure DE fixed those problems because they have to I doesn't have to do with if the love it not the game is something they have to do if they want to keep making money and have a job.im not saying they don't love the game or are passionate about it but this is a company and it's their only game and here u are defending them as if u knew them in real life and are close with them.those problems where huge and it doesn't matter if they fix them people still keep the record of the things they done bad and what they done good and fixing a broken update is no a good deed is their reponsability but I'm done trying to explain that to you.

Okay

I dont wanna sound entitled but i just hope the relic pack have guaranteed Ash/Vauban relics because it would be hilarous if we get another relic for Chroma systems, Tiberon parts, etc

• Upvote 1

Just now, Fish Bot said:

I dont wanna sound entitled but i just hope the relic pack have guaranteed Ash/Vauban relics because it would be hilarous if we get another relic for Chroma systems, Tiberon parts, etc

I never know if I just have good luck with relic packs or if they have adjusted rates, but I usually get a good number of the new stuff. Wonder what the chances are

Could DE please tell us if we are going to run into trouble with large updates in the future, is the Switch going to get all the content that comes out? Honestly I do not mind waiting for updates but I am a bit concerned about continuing to support the game financially on my Switch account if the content tap could be turned off. 

I am more than happy to give DE money, they make a great game and their cash model is fair. But if the Switch is going to end up as 'Warframe Light' I'd rather know now before I invest further so I can move over to the PS4. Speaking of which, cross save please :)

The thing is its possible that cross save will result in an exodus of The Switch playerbase to other platforms. Justifying it by stating they will still play the switch while there away from their pc, xbox or playstation.

Resulting in a switch player base consisting of the few players without access to other platforms, the few “die hards” that flatout refuse to play on a different platform even though they can for varying reasons, and the sporadic logins from players playing away from home who are likely going to be discouraged by the reduced player count resulting from their own exodus.

Say crossovers do become a thing, the only incentive to stay is mobility and attachment to your clan community/friends. And 3 switch exclusive skin bundles.

Compare that to a better looking better performing and more populated platform.

A pessimistic opinion but none the less a possible outcome, and i think DE fears this as well.

Edited by (NSW)Nadlug

Sure cross save would be nice, but the Switch is my platform of choice. My main concern is that currently the Switch feels like a risky place to spend real money. Maybe the answer, for me atleast is to play only as free to play on the Switch and make the PS4 my main account. The trouble with live service games is, you have to provide the service.

• Like 1

il y a 34 minutes, (NSW)Nadlug a dit :

The thing is its possible that cross save will result in an exodus of The Switch playerbase to other platforms. Justifying it by stating they will still play the switch while there away from their pc, xbox or playstation.

Resulting in a switch player base consisting of the few players without access to other platforms, the few “die hards” that flatout refuse to play on a different platform even though they can for varying reasons, and the sporadic logins from players playing away from home who are likely going to be discouraged by the reduced player count resulting from their own exodus.

Say crossovers do become a thing, the only incentive to stay is mobility and attachment to your clan community/friends. And 3 switch exclusive skin bundles.

Compare that to a better looking better performing and more populated platform.

A pessimistic opinion but none the less a possible outcome, and i think DE fears this as well.

Yeah I thought about it too. That's why if they do it, they have to do it in a way that allows you to jump from one platform to another at any time. 

In my case I know I would still play on the Switch since I spend a lot of time away from my PC. But if I have to choose between the two, I would prioritize PC. 

In other news, they just said on twitter we would be getting the hotfixes and kuva lich tradind directly with the update, so there's that... 

vor 24 Minuten schrieb (NSW)Faerwald:

Yeah I thought about it too. That's why if they do it, they have to do it in a way that allows you to jump from one platform to another at any time. 

In my case I know I would still play on the Switch since I spend a lot of time away from my PC. But if I have to choose between the two, I would prioritize PC. 

In other news, they just said on twitter we would be getting the hotfixes and kuva lich tradind directly with the update, so there's that... 

I would never have found the time to get this far in the game without the switch (over 1000hrs !) so if they allow crossaves i would use them to play on pc in really nice graphics on some occasions, but especially to play with my friends that could not migrate from Playstation to Switch or that didn't have a Switch when the pc migration was still a thing. they don't want to start over, i dont want to start over xP Concerning the update, this is the first one since Fortuna that didn't launch the same time as the other versions. So no worries there. 

Edited by (NSW)Hermy

1 hour ago, (NSW)SadGnome said:

Could DE please tell us if we are going to run into trouble with large updates in the future, is the Switch going to get all the content that comes out? Honestly I do not mind waiting for updates but I am a bit concerned about continuing to support the game financially on my Switch account if the content tap could be turned off. 

I am more than happy to give DE money, they make a great game and their cash model is fair. But if the Switch is going to end up as 'Warframe Light' I'd rather know now before I invest further so I can move over to the PS4. Speaking of which, cross save please 🙂

Amen! Yes i agree

1 hour ago, (NSW)SadGnome said:

I am more than happy to give DE money, they make a great game and their cash model is fair. But if the Switch is going to end up as 'Warframe Light' I'd rather know now before I invest further so I can move over to the PS4. Speaking of which, cross save please 🙂

I don't think you need to fear that, there might be trouble with this specific update for now, but i believe that with this one being accepted, the next ones would be just the usual process, since there's no more need to dicuss things because of the size. Also, there are other games, onlne ones even, that needs you to use an sd card.

The Old Blood: Update 26.0.6 will remain in Cert for the rest of the week as Nintendo’s Cert team for this region is away to be with their families for American Thanksgiving. We understand the frustration this delay is causing, so we have two special Alerts planned for Nintendo Switch Tenno this weekend!

Vauban Prime Blueprint & Ash Prime Blueprint will be available in Alerts on Friday, November 29 @ 2:00 PM ET - Monday, December 2 @ 2PM ET

Happy Thanksgiving! We can’t thank you enough for your patience and understanding.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Satisfied 3
  • Woah 1
  • Applause 5

An uncommon part from a lith relic and an unconmon part from a meso relic (that we cant yet use because we lack the other components)...

That is supposed justify weeks of lost relic farming? Pathetic, how about giving the rare axi and rare neo components.

Most people wouldnt have cared if you guys had just been upfront and transparent about what was going on, but instead you didnt even address what was going on until AFTER the vault was supposed to have opened and yet you still launched them packs to purchase on nintendo shop. Terrible 

Some people spent all of their syndicate standing to buy relic packs because we got red text saying it went live. I saved mine and have now lost  out  on 28k standing per day  or roughly 10 relic packs and counting.

Edited by (NSW)Notdarkstark
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, [DE]Helen said:

The Old Blood: Update 26.0.6 will remain in Cert for the rest of the week as Nintendo’s Cert team for this region is away to be with their families for American Thanksgiving. We understand the frustration this delay is causing, so we have two special Alerts planned for Nintendo Switch Tenno this weekend!

Vauban Prime Blueprint & Ash Prime Blueprint will be available in Alerts on Friday, November 29 @ 2:00 PM ET - Monday, December 2 @ 2PM ET

Happy Thanksgiving! We can’t thank you enough for your patience and understanding.

I've only been playing for a year but this at least feels exceptionally generous to me. Thank you.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

17 minutes ago, (NSW)Master_Betty said:

I've only been playing for a year but this at least feels exceptionally generous to me. Thank you.

It isn't. 2 uncommon parts; its at max 20 minutes of effort.

Edited by (NSW)ArXyn
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, (NSW)ArXyn said:

It isn't. 2 uncommon parts its at max 20 minutes of effort.

I've only been playing for a year but I know that all Vauban Prime parts are rare drops.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1