[DE]Danielle

(Switch) The Old Blood: Update 26.0.8 Status - Live!

8 minutes ago, (NSW)Master_Betty said:

I've only been playing for a year but I know that all Vauban Prime parts are rare drops.

Its uncommon from meso v6, which is the current relic.

Edit: I'm not unappreciative of having 1/4 of the primes for free, but don't pretend its a huge giveaway.

Edited by (NSW)ArXyn
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, (NSW)ArXyn said:

Its uncommon from meso v6, which is the current relic.

Would you look at that. It is. An unexpected surprise, but a welcome one.

18 minutes ago, (NSW)Master_Betty said:

I've only been playing for a year but I know that all Vauban Prime parts are rare drops.

No theyre not. The main bp is "uncommon" aka a silver 45 ducat component.

Edited by (NSW)Notdarkstark

25 minutes ago, (NSW)ArXyn said:

It isn't. 2 uncommon parts; its at max 20 minutes of effort.

You overestimate my RNG by about 500%.
Whenever I farm something, I complete several other sets except the thing I'm farming for. I'll take this non-desire-sensor event, thank you very much.

43 minutes ago, (NSW)Notdarkstark said:

Some people spent all of their syndicate standing to buy relic packs because we got red text saying it went live. I saved mine and have now lost  out  on 28k standing per day  or roughly 10 relic packs and counting.

First of all, if they did it, it's their fault. Relics come ALWAYS after a hotfix. We saw the red text but we never saw the hotfix so if people were intelligent enough, wouldn't have bought all the relic packs.

Second, you've "lost 28k standing per day"? Uh... why? can't you buy mods to sell? I'm pretty sure there's at least one or two mods on each syndicate that sells like hotcakes. Besides, you could still get saryn and valkyr relics from the packs that will raise their price after the vaulting.

Your entitlement is so off the charts that looks even satire. The problem is on nintendo's side, DE is trying to make it up with us by giving us stuff even though they don't have to and you're saying they are "pathetic"? Dude, grow up. It's a damn game, nobody is going to die if we have to expect a couple of weeks to get the primes. Last vault was on for 2 months and a half, I'm absolutely sure that you'll be "fine" if you farm less relics for a change. It's ok if you don't get to farm 5k relics of each frame, I'm pretty sure 4.5k relics of each frame will do "just fine" even for your apparently high standards.

Edited by (NSW)Belaptir
  • Upvote 4

On 2019-11-11 at 2:21 PM, [DE]Danielle said:

The Old Blood: Update 26.0.6 will remain in Cert for the rest of the week as Nintendo’s Cert team for this region is away to be with their families for American Thanksgiving. We understand the frustration this delay is causing, so we have two special Alerts planned for Nintendo Switch Tenno this weekend!

Vauban Prime Blueprint & Ash Prime Blueprint will be available in Alerts on Friday, November 29 @ 2:00 PM ET - Monday, December 2 @ 2PM ET

Happy Thanksgiving! We can’t thank you enough for your patience and understanding.

Damn Americans and their mid-week holidays, screwing up everything. Take it on a Sunday like we do!

Seriously though, it's cool you're keeping us up to date on everything, and giving us the BPs. (Rest of the parts for everyone too please? I feel mean using Ash Prime in missions while people still can't grind for him).

Well past sick of waiting, but it's good to know the wait is coming to an end! Thanks @[DE]Danielle

• Upvote 1

vor einer Stunde schrieb (NSW)Notdarkstark:

An uncommon part from a lith relic and an unconmon part from a meso relic (that we cant yet use because we lack the other components)...

That is supposed justify weeks of lost relic farming? Pathetic, how about giving the rare axi and rare neo components.

Most people wouldnt have cared if you guys had just been upfront and transparent about what was going on, but instead you didnt even address what was going on until AFTER the vault was supposed to have opened and yet you still launched them packs to purchase on nintendo shop. Terrible 

Some people spent all of their syndicate standing to buy relic packs because we got red text saying it went live. I saved mine and have now lost  out  on 28k standing per day  or roughly 10 relic packs and counting.

How about beeing nice and thankful for once... Can you imagine how bad they feel @ DE about this ? I would like us to be a friendly & supportive community.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

vor einer Stunde schrieb (NSW)Notdarkstark:

An uncommon part from a lith relic and an unconmon part from a meso relic (that we cant yet use because we lack the other components)...

That is supposed justify weeks of lost relic farming? Pathetic, how about giving the rare axi and rare neo components.

Most people wouldnt have cared if you guys had just been upfront and transparent about what was going on, but instead you didnt even address what was going on until AFTER the vault was supposed to have opened and yet you still launched them packs to purchase on nintendo shop. Terrible 

How about beeing nice and thankful for once... Can you imagine how bad they feel @ DE about this ? I would like us to be a friendly & supportive community.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, [DE]Helen said:

The Old Blood: Update 26.0.6 will remain in Cert for the rest of the week as Nintendo’s Cert team for this region is away to be with their families for American Thanksgiving. We understand the frustration this delay is causing, so we have two special Alerts planned for Nintendo Switch Tenno this weekend!

Vauban Prime Blueprint & Ash Prime Blueprint will be available in Alerts on Friday, November 29 @ 2:00 PM ET - Monday, December 2 @ 2PM ET

Happy Thanksgiving! We can’t thank you enough for your patience and understanding.

Thanks for the heads up, I hope you guys are enjoying your holidays.

I appreciate the gifts you guys are giving but at the same time i feel a little guilty that a portion of the community is taking these delays so hard and demanding that which cannot be given. I cant help but feel it makes our community appear needy.

Its a tough spot you guys at DE find yourselves in. Hopefully things will smooth out and this unfortunate delays will fade into memory.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (NSW)Hermy said:

They shouldn't have kept us in the dark and been more proactive by telling us it wasn't coming. Instead they waited like 8 hours until after it was supposed to have gone live to tell us anything. All the flak they're getting is well deserved and these "gifts" are empty gestures.

I dont even care about the update, I dont want or need these gifts. All I want is transparency so that in the future I don't waste my time waiting around for something that isn't coming.

1 hour ago, (NSW)Notdarkstark said:

Hey, that's not true. DE was (and is) as blind and confused as us. Nintendo took the time to give some heads up on the issue only this week and DE is still waiting to hear back from them. 

Be fair, DE has been honest with us. Nintendo hasn't. Don't mix things up.

19 minutes ago, (NSW)SantCruz said:

Oh God! They really waited 8 hours? How dare they!?

/s

🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂

The point is that they knew well beforehand but said nothing, that's called withholding information. Literally the entire point of having a "community team" is to prevent scenarios like this. Tell you what since you seem to not value your time at all, why don't you put in an 8 hour shift at work this week without being paid for it? After all it's only 8 hours right?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, (NSW)Notdarkstark said:

They shouldn't have kept us in the dark and been more proactive by telling us it wasn't coming. Instead they waited like 8 hours until after it was supposed to have gone live to tell us anything. All the flak they're getting is well deserved and these "gifts" are empty gestures.

I dont even care about the update, I dont want or need these gifts. All I want is transparency so that in the future I don't waste my time waiting around for something that isn't coming.

I....but....that's exactly what they did???

Of course they waited to start worrying about it, there was the hope it was a simple delay and Nintendo would get it's sh*t; together, but I think you don't understand yet that Nintendo has barely given any insight to DE themselves about the issue. Did you see what Helen wrote Monday? That earlier (EARLIER. The best possible situation) on the next day, Tuesday, Nintendo would get back to them? but they didn't and they won't until next Monday.

What do you want DE to do? To invade NoA's office with a bunch of Opticors and Catchmoons and hold Doug Bowser hostage while they hack the systems and release the update themselves? Dude, listen to yourself! You are right in complaining, it's your right as a consumer, but stop blaming the wrong people!!

Edited by (NSW)Bayodrake
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, (NSW)Bayodrake said:

I....but....that's exactly what they did???

Of course they waited to start worrying about it, there was the hope it was a simple delay and Nintendo would get it's S#&$ together, but I think you don't understand yet that Nintendo has barely given any insight to DE themselves about the issue. Did you see what Helen wrote Monday? That earlier (EARLIER. The best possible situation) on the next day, Tuesday, Nintendo would get back to them? but they didn't and they won't until next Monday.

What do you want DE to do? To invade NoA's office with a bunch of Opticors and Catchmoons and hold Doug Bowser hostage while they hack the systems and release the update themselves? Dude, listen to yourself! You are right in complaining, it's your right as a consumer, but stop blaming the wrong people!!

No, you seem to be misunderstanding. I blame Nintendo for the delay (Nintendo and "online services" lol) but I blame DE for waiting until after the update was supposed to have launched before telling us it wasn't coming, that's very poor communication for a company that has entire team dedicated "community"

1 minute ago, (NSW)Notdarkstark said:

No, you seem to be misunderstanding. I blame Nintendo for the delay (Nintendo and "online services" lol) but I blame DE for waiting until after the update was supposed to have launched before telling us it wasn't coming, that's very poor communication for a company that has entire team dedicated "community"

I mean... there was no set in stone date. It went into cert, awaiting approval from Nintendo. They tell us when it passes cert, they told us that the update wasn't launching at the same time as the other consoles, as Nintendo has not yet approved the update.

What more could DE have done for communication with us? They can't tell us when Nintendo will approve the update, all they can do is keep us up to date with the progress, which is exactly what they've done.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, (NSW)Gunz said:

I mean... there was no set in stone date. It went into cert, awaiting approval from Nintendo. They tell us when it passes cert, they told us that the update wasn't launching at the same time as the other consoles, as Nintendo has not yet approved the update.

What more could DE have done for communication with us? They can't tell us when Nintendo will approve the update, all they can do is keep us up to date with the progress, which is exactly what they've done.

Sorry to clarify I'm specifically referring to the prime vault stuff, none of the other prime vaults have required a full update they were all hotfixed in but for some reason they can't do it with this one. I'm sure they could do that but it would complicate things so I'm not going to advocate for that, but they could've told us about it and they didn't.

vor 37 Minuten schrieb (NSW)Notdarkstark:

Sorry to clarify I'm specifically referring to the prime vault stuff, none of the other prime vaults have required a full update they were all hotfixed in but for some reason they can't do it with this one. I'm sure they could do that but it would complicate things so I'm not going to advocate for that, but they could've told us about it and they didn't.

in theory they could, but nintendos policies state that as long as an update is waiting for cert it is not allowed to hotfix a game. probably because it could alter to some degree what the update does. 

• Applause 1

Just now, (NSW)Notdarkstark said:

But that's Nintendo once again, dear. It was said on this very thread that a hotfix cannot be sent while an update is in cert. Really, DE is zero to blame on this situation. They are losing money, time, hours of work and think about all the stress that this mess is bringing to them. DE is just as upset as we are and I guarantee they are losing way more than us in this fiasco.

Edited by (NSW)Bayodrake
  • Applause 1

I get what people are saying about entitlement and such, but 2 relic packs that aren't guaranteed unvaulting relics and 2 alerts for pieces that we will be drowning in by the time the unvaulting ends isn't really compensating us for the time we're losing here. Like I also get that the issues will take time and stuff to work on, but the relic packs and alerts aren't enough if they're going to end the unvaulting at the same time as the other platforms. Since they haven't said that they're extending our time to be as long as the other platforms, it makes sense that people are freaking out (even though we could reasonably expect our unvaulting to get extended). If they'd said they were doing a set of alerts that were guaranteed unvaulting relics that would be less frustrating for people. DE doesn't have any control over the cert process, but they do have control over the quality of their apologies.

Just now, (NSW)Henalie said:

I get what people are saying about entitlement and such, but 2 relic packs that aren't guaranteed unvaulting relics and 2 alerts for pieces that we will be drowning in by the time the unvaulting ends isn't really compensating us for the time we're losing here. Like I also get that the issues will take time and stuff to work on, but the relic packs and alerts aren't enough if they're going to end the unvaulting at the same time as the other platforms. Since they haven't said that they're extending our time to be as long as the other platforms, it makes sense that people are freaking out (even though we could reasonably expect our unvaulting to get extended). If they'd said they were doing a set of alerts that were guaranteed unvaulting relics that would be less frustrating for people. DE doesn't have any control over the cert process, but they do have control over the quality of their apologies.

Yeah, alerts giving 5x of each unvault relic would be far better imo. I bought the bundle as a birthday present to myself, but... I would be mad as hell if I was planning on farming them. We've lost a huge chunk of time to farm primes of some very fun frames and weapons, and to make up for it... we get 2 uncommon relic drops out of... what? 6? Just for uncommons, not even getting into the rares and commons.

That said, at this point I don't even care, I just want the update to get here so I can get back to playing the game and having fun with the changes it'll bring. Odds are it'll be Tuesday at the absolute earliest, more expecting Thursday or so. Until then, guess I'm just doing daily logins for stuff, maybe tackling Nightwave, but it's hard to stay motivated for that, even though it's probably my last chance to get the Wolf stuff...

Just now, (NSW)Gunz said:

Yeah, alerts giving 5x of each unvault relic would be far better imo. I bought the bundle as a birthday present to myself, but... I would be mad as hell if I was planning on farming them. We've lost a huge chunk of time to farm primes of some very fun frames and weapons, and to make up for it... we get 2 uncommon relic drops out of... what? 6? Just for uncommons, not even getting into the rares and commons.

That said, at this point I don't even care, I just want the update to get here so I can get back to playing the game and having fun with the changes it'll bring. Odds are it'll be Tuesday at the absolute earliest, more expecting Thursday or so. Until then, guess I'm just doing daily logins for stuff, maybe tackling Nightwave, but it's hard to stay motivated for that, even though it's probably my last chance to get the Wolf stuff...

I wouldn't be that optimistic, bro.

Here's the thing, Nintendo has barely spoken to DE yet. For what Helen shared with us on this thread, N took a week to look into the problem, sent a response barely addressing it and said DE should expect a new contact with further details. The earliest date for this contact would be Tuesday, what didn't happen until now. We got to Thanksgiving holiday, so you can expect that next Tuesday, a week later and if we are very lucky, Nintendo will get back. I personally think it will be by the end of next week....you know, if they want to, because that's how they work.

Reb and Meg said on this prime time that the update that is being held for cert is not going to be the one we will be receiving anymore, as DE will ship a new one with Equinox Deluxe and some other goodies. They will have not only to adapt the old update to whatever it is that Nintendo wants, but they will also have to work on adding more stuff, which will take time, so only then they will send it to cert again and pray for it's approval. That whole process will take at least 2 more weeks. For this humongous amount of work and time, it will be better to just ship Old Blood + Rising Tide together, as X1 and PS4 will be getting RT by then. 

I don't think we're getting Old Blood tbh. 

Edited by (NSW)Bayodrake

32 minutes ago, (NSW)Bayodrake said:

They will have not only to adapt the old update to whatever it is that Nintendo wants

Not even the issue, Nintendo is just playing damage control with their sloppy OS and cheap hardware destroying low quality SD cards, and everyone else is paying the price for it.

tennocon 2018: free ash prime for PC, Xbox, PS4

cert & prime vault delay on switch: free prime bp guys