Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[DE]Danielle

(Switch) The Old Blood: Update 26.0.8 Status - Live!

Out of the thousands of Nintendo Tenno, there only 36 people following this thread. For sure, in this bottle neck sample set, there will be people on extreme sides of the situation. Lets not get personal and ruin the entire game for someone. We dont know if the person you're yelling at is 12 or 35. We dont know if this game is a working persons only pastime to escape the load of working life or if this is a 10 year old’s online career. 

lol PS4 and XB1 already on another cert for the Lich trading, no same weapon in a row, melee crit mods buff, etc.

Please update us with any news regarding the update ASAP. Hopefully Nintendo folks are back at work and ready to fix this. My prediction is that if this update doesn't drop this week, then that's very bad news for Warframes switch players. Dont wanna really say it, but the word "doomsday" will really be seeming likely if not updated by the end of the week. I hope that's not the case. I love playing warframe and like doing it on my switch.

vor 13 Minuten schrieb (NSW)DeadPhish:

Please update us with any news regarding the update ASAP. Hopefully Nintendo folks are back at work and ready to fix this. My prediction is that if this update doesn't drop this week, then that's very bad news for Warframes switch players. Dont wanna really say it, but the word "doomsday" will really be seeming likely if not updated by the end of the week. I hope that's not the case. I love playing warframe and like doing it on my switch.

except that 90% of  the switch players aren't far enough in the game to care about this content they can't even play... 😅 and most others are patient because they wouldn't play the game if it wasn't on switch...

22 minutes ago, (NSW)Mbek said:

lol PS4 and XB1 already on another cert for the Lich trading, no same weapon in a row, melee crit mods buff, etc.

Litch trading is also in cert for switch. They announced that were getting it with the baseline Old Blood update.

24 minutes ago, (NSW)Mbek said:

Switch is in the same cert as those 2. Go read the main post, they updated the cert to nintendo to include everything the other 2 already got and are going to get. They are just waiting for nintendo to pass the cert.

Just now, (NSW)Hermy said:

except that 90% of  the switch players aren't far enough in the game to care about this content they can't even play... 😅 and most others are patient because they wouldn't play the game if it wasn't on switch...

This. I played about 600h hours on Switch and still feel completely underprepared for the Lich system. Also, please don't assume that just because a couple of us are SUPER invested in this game, that more casual players (not meant in any offensive way) will EVEN REALIZE that the update is late.

Most of the players don't read this forum. Most oft the players don't watch videos about the state of the game. They are just there to have a good time. I have a couple of friends who play on Switch as well and they didn't even know there was an update planned, even tho they play this game about 2-3 Day a week.

Everything will be all right ❤️ 

6 hours ago, (NSW)Hermy said:

my clan of over 1000+ is loaded w/players MR20 and over. Most are eagerly awaiting this update and the "doomsday" concern is all over switch chats. So your 90% percent claim is probably false. Most started at launch, which they are probably pretty deep in the game. It doesn't quite matter how far along you are anyway. My concern isnt a delay in an update, but a fear that this might turn into no more future updates at all. If future updates are not gonna happen, why would you continue to play the game if you know you can never access all of it. People, like myself, will resort to playing on their other consoles.

il y a 35 minutes, (NSW)DeadPhish a dit :

My concern isnt a delay in an update, but a fear that this might turn into no more future updates at all.

That concern is understandable, I share it, but so far there is no reason to believe that could be the case. On the stream last wednesday, Taylor (I think it was Taylor) said one of the reasons for the delay is they wanted to make sure the issue never arises again. 

I do hope it drops this week though, as I have the whole weekend to myself 😄

2 hours ago, (NSW)Hermy said:

Bruh Kuva lichs are my end game ive been waiting for so long doing nothing other then nightwave witch i find mind numbing plus i would be farming the newly unvaulted prime frames but i cant cuz  i haft to wait for the update, im  just getting frustrated overall 

4 hours ago, (NSW)DeadPhish said:

my clan of over 1000+ is loaded w/players MR20 and over. Most are eagerly awaiting this update and the "doomsday" concern is all over switch chats. So your 90% percent claim is probably false. Most started at launch, which they are probably pretty deep in the game. It doesn't quite matter how far along you are anyway. My concern isnt a delay in an update, but a fear that this might turn into no more future updates at all. If future updates are not gonna happen, why would you continue to play the game if you know you can never access all of it. People, like myself, will resort to playing on their other consoles.

1000+ players huh? Max clan size is 1000 players.

3 hours ago, (NSW)Nadlug said:

Litch trading is also in cert for switch. They announced that were getting it with the baseline Old Blood update.

Oh right, they announced it few days ago, must've missed it since I've been mostly just skimming this thread lately since there are many tl;dr whining/defending posts.

2 hours ago, (NSW)ShinNL said:

1000+ players huh? Max clan size is 1000 players.

um yeah, it's a moon clan. I say 1000+ because we always stand at 1000 and multiple members move back and forth from clans in our alliance. We are very active on discord and interact regularly with each other. An alliance can have up to 4000 members. The clans in our alliance are moon clans as well.

Come on guys chill we will get the news soon 🙂 As for myself I'll be waiting patiently.

Maybe I'm part of the % that is in no huge hurry.

Have a good day/afternoon or night everyone 😄 

nope. I can wait. I have other games and other things to occupy my free time. Pretty stoked though, because the wife and I are getting Switches for the kids (18 years old, kids my left foot!) for the holidays and they're going to play Warframe. 

4 hours ago, (NSW)DeadPhish said:

Anecdotal evidence of your hardcore clan can't speak for the entire Warframe Switch community; it can only speak for your clan. That said, the 90% comment is clearly hyperbolic and obviously not meant to be taken literally. All that to say that the Switch version is still getting new players logging in who obviously can't access the new content right away but are interested in all of the other content that is new to them and will satisfy them, and of course the hardcore community can always take a break and come back when the new content rolls in. I personally have spent the "break" playing Lethal League and SMT IV and logging in for NightWave. What I mean is that this obviously sucks, but I don't think we should worry about any doomsday any time soon.

1 hour ago, (NSW)Grobnar said:

Anecdotal evidence of your hardcore clan can't speak for the entire Warframe Switch community; it can only speak for your clan. That said, the 90% comment is clearly hyperbolic and obviously not meant to be taken literally. All that to say that the Switch version is still getting new players logging in who obviously can't access the new content right away but are interested in all of the other content that is new to them and will satisfy them, and of course the hardcore community can always take a break and come back when the new content rolls in. I personally have spent the "break" playing Lethal League and SMT IV and logging in for NightWave. What I mean is that this obviously sucks, but I don't think we should worry about any doomsday any time soon.

Why shouldn't we? This is Nintendo after all, it seems like they allowed live service games before thinking about what that would do to SD cards since they have such a small amount of internal storage.

17 minutes ago, (NSW)cAtbEaNz said:

Why shouldn't we? This is Nintendo after all, it seems like they allowed live service games before thinking about what that would do to SD cards since they have such a small amount of internal storage.

Also those new players will care if the switch stops receiving updates. Who wants to play a live service game that's no longer being serviced?

2 minutes ago, (NSW)cAtbEaNz said:

Also those new players will care if the switch stops receiving updates. Who wants to play a live service game that's no longer being serviced?

True. We would all care if the live service dies. However, the idea that the delay suggests that Warframe on the Switch is doomed I think is a bit over the top. The SD card issue has been flagged as a potential problem, but to my knowledge we don't know the scope of the problem, just that the constant writing and rewriting poses one. And of course they're still working on this update, so I assume that it's possible to work through at least for now. Granted, that belief depends on optimism on my part and I recognize that. It's valid to read the situation differently.

5 minutes ago, (NSW)Grobnar said:

True. We would all care if the live service dies. However, the idea that the delay suggests that Warframe on the Switch is doomed I think is a bit over the top. The SD card issue has been flagged as a potential problem, but to my knowledge we don't know the scope of the problem, just that the constant writing and rewriting poses one. And of course they're still working on this update, so I assume that it's possible to work through at least for now. Granted, that belief depends on optimism on my part and I recognize that. It's valid to read the situation differently.

I have not minded delays in the past, but this delay seems different, as far as I know there really is no fix for this SD issue other than warning users of a potential issue. There should not be this long of a delay to do that. Nintendo has a poor history with online aspects with thier consoles and this seems like yet another oversight on thier end and because it seems like a very Nintendo thing to do they could halt updates indefinitely so that people don't get the idea that the switch is eating up SD cards.

4 minutes ago, (NSW)cAtbEaNz said:

There is absolutely zero evidence the game would stop receiving updates as of today. Besides, if we want to think about the problem, then the console itself is screwed: any game could potentially destroy the SD given how everything is evolving into GaS. And if the trend continues, on switch can only happen two things: we get cut off of any kind of third party GaS type of game (and of any modern game actually, given the amount of updates the games nowadays get), or we start to get used to changing our SD cards every couple of years (instead of having them for the long life they are expected to have). There's a third option: Nintendo recognizes their mistake on Switch design, creates a new model with bigger memory and makes a public announcement about them doing it wrong. But who am I trying to fool? This is Nintendo, they never, ever, will recognize they've done something wrong. They'll just bury it as if it never happened and will continue with their ways.

Honestly, if things are this bad, Warframe is the less of our problems here, if we want to think that because of this, warframe will not receive more updates, the consequence of this is much bigger than just killing the game on Switch.

But enough of all this stuff, let's be positive here:

Point A: DE and Panic Button invested money on this, I'm pretty sure they don't want to kill this project after just one year of making it possible and after all the support given to it till now.

Point B: Nintendo is stubborn, sometimes too much, but they are not idiots; not all of them at least. If this issue is this big, there must be someone at Nintendo thinking that maybe if this happens with Warframe, then it could happen sooner or later with any other game; I'm pretty sure even at Nintendo, as stubborn as they are, anyone could think of how potentially catastrophic could be what's starting as a small problem in Warframe.

Point C: We've been hearing rumours of a Switch Pro for a while now, and we know Nintendo was the first ever to make several versions of the hardware with better capabilities (they started with GBA SP, then DS Lite, DSi, New 3DS...), a Switch Pro would, theoretically, include more internal memory, solving also this problem and letting warframe live in Switch (in the Pro version).

1 minute ago, (NSW)Belaptir said:

There is absolutely zero evidence the game would stop receiving updates as of today. Besides, if we want to think about the problem, then the console itself is screwed: any game could potentially destroy the SD given how everything is evolving into GaS. And if the trend continues, on switch can only happen two things: we get cut off of any kind of third party GaS type of game (and of any modern game actually, given the amount of updates the games nowadays get), or we start to get used to changing our SD cards every couple of years (instead of having them for the long life they are expected to have). There's a third option: Nintendo recognizes their mistake on Switch design, creates a new model with bigger memory and makes a public announcement about them doing it wrong. But who am I trying to fool? This is Nintendo, they never, ever, will recognize they've done something wrong. They'll just bury it as if it never happened and will continue with their ways.

Honestly, if things are this bad, Warframe is the less of our problems here, if we want to think that because of this, warframe will not receive more updates, the consequence of this is much bigger than just killing the game on Switch.

But enough of all this stuff, let's be positive here:

Point A: DE and Panic Button invested money on this, I'm pretty sure they don't want to kill this project after just one year of making it possible and after all the support given to it till now.

Point B: Nintendo is stubborn, sometimes too much, but they are not idiots; not all of them at least. If this issue is this big, there must be someone at Nintendo thinking that maybe if this happens with Warframe, then it could happen sooner or later with any other game; I'm pretty sure even at Nintendo, as stubborn as they are, anyone could think of how potentially catastrophic could be what's starting as a small problem in Warframe.

Point 😄 We've been hearing rumours of a Switch Pro for a while now, and we know Nintendo was the first ever to make several versions of the hardware with better capabilities (they started with GBA SP, then DS Lite, DSi, New 3DS...), a Switch Pro would, theoretically, include more internal memory, solving also this problem and letting warframe live in Switch (in the Pro version).

Talks about lack of evidence, begins talking about a Switch Pro.

Just now, (NSW)cAtbEaNz said:

Talks about lack of evidence, begins talking about a Switch Pro.

First, I've talked about rumours.

Second, based on the history of Nintendo's "upgrades", Switch Pro is almost a reality. Every Nintendo Handheld console had an upgrade. And I'm sure that WiiU would have had one had it been a success.

But hey, let's think the game is doomed and bla bla, we have much better evidence of it than we have of a possible Switch pro, do we?

2 minutes ago, (NSW)Belaptir said:

First, I've talked about rumours.

Second, based on the history of Nintendo's "upgrades", Switch Pro is almost a reality. Every Nintendo Handheld console had an upgrade. And I'm sure that WiiU would have had one had it been a success.

But hey, let's think the game is doomed and bla bla, we have much better evidence of it than we have of a possible Switch pro, do we?

Actually yeah at this point we do. And I'm not saying the game is 100% for sure not getting updates. I just want to be sure DE has some kind of migration option in the possibility that Nintendo makes a boneheaded move because when it comes to online Nintendo seems to do what makes the least sense.