Jump to content
[DE]Danielle

(Switch) The Old Blood: Update 26.0.8 Status - Live!

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, (NSW)cAtbEaNz said:

Actually yeah at this point we do. And I'm not saying the game is 100% for sure not getting updates. I just want to be sure DE has some kind of migration option in the possibility that Nintendo makes a boneheaded move because when it comes to online Nintendo seems to do what makes the least sense.

Every console had a migration from PC when it launched. Even switch had it. This means that migrating the data from Switch to, at least, PC, should be possible given that the other way definitely is. So I wouldn't be worried about that.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's just a brainfart but it just occured to me that the problem with Warframe on the Switch might be the fact that it can not be downloaded at all unless there is an SD card installed. And by that I mean offering a Software that is basically unable to be played on a out-of-the-box Switch. It sounds logical to expand the memory with an SD-card but it's still an additional investment that a customer has to make in order to be able to play the game at all, SD-lifespan aside. I can only speculate whether there are any users which will be left unable to play once this update rolls out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, (NSW)TheCHEWER said:

This. I played about 600h hours on Switch and still feel completely underprepared for the Lich system. Also, please don't assume that just because a couple of us are SUPER invested in this game, that more casual players (not meant in any offensive way) will EVEN REALIZE that the update is late.

Most of the players don't read this forum. Most oft the players don't watch videos about the state of the game. They are just there to have a good time. I have a couple of friends who play on Switch as well and they didn't even know there was an update planned, even tho they play this game about 2-3 Day a week.

Everything will be all right ❤️ 

I have 750 hours and I could breeze this easy if it weren't for the annoying RNG. I'm only waiting for the Guass buffs and melee 2.999999999999, and once I have an hour of those, back to uninstalled Warframe goes. I'm not even going to touch to horrific rng fest that is the lich system.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, (NSW)FlameDivinity said:

I have 750 hours and I could breeze this easy if it weren't for the annoying RNG. I'm only waiting for the Guass buffs and melee 2.999999999999, and once I have an hour of those, back to uninstalled Warframe goes. I'm not even going to touch to horrific rng fest that is the lich system.

Ypu dont like RNG yet you are playing a looter shooter. Might I suggest trying a different game in a different genre?

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, (NSW)FlameDivinity said:

More and more reason for Nintendo to finally announce the Pro we know they're holding behind closed curtains.

Lite just released. A "Pro" version wont be for another 2-3 years. This is the pattern Nintendo has been following for years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, (NSW)Master_Betty said:

It's just a brainfart but it just occured to me that the problem with Warframe on the Switch might be the fact that it can not be downloaded at all unless there is an SD card installed. And by that I mean offering a Software that is basically unable to be played on a out-of-the-box Switch. It sounds logical to expand the memory with an SD-card but it's still an additional investment that a customer has to make in order to be able to play the game at all, SD-lifespan aside. I can only speculate whether there are any users which will be left unable to play once this update rolls out.

This is irrelevant because there are already games on switch that exceed the base storage capacity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, (NSW)VertroxNightBlood said:

This is irrelevant because there are already games on switch that exceed the base storage capacity.

Not live service games that update for the game entire lifespan. This shortens and SD cards lifespan every update. So is it very relevant.

Edited by (NSW)cAtbEaNz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, (NSW)VertroxNightBlood said:

This is irrelevant because there are already games on switch that exceed the base storage capacity.

Which would those be? Just curious. I looked for "big" games off the top of my head (BotW, Xenoblade 2, Skyrim) and they all didn't exceed 15 GB so I wouldn't know.

 

Also it IS relevant for the people without SD cards. It simply never occured to me that this would be an issue, because I consider it self evident to buy one. But that's an oversight on my part. Now I'm just interested whether this will be adressed in any way or whether there will be changes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, players that don't have an SD (if there are some) might suddenly find themselves unable to play the game until they get one. I don't think that's a lot of people, but that's definitely an issue from a business stand point.

Just imagine being being one of those less-invested players and suddenly being unable to launch the game. You'd most likely just stop playing and uninstall said game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, (NSW)Belaptir said:

First, I've talked about rumours.

Second, based on the history of Nintendo's "upgrades", Switch Pro is almost a reality. Every Nintendo Handheld console had an upgrade. And I'm sure that WiiU would have had one had it been a success.

But hey, let's think the game is doomed and bla bla, we have much better evidence of it than we have of a possible Switch pro, do we?

I want a "switch pro", I think it would be really funny (and plausible) if it was the opposite of the Lite: that is, you can't undock it. 

  • Woah 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, (NSW)Master_Betty said:

Which would those be? Just curious. I looked for "big" games off the top of my head (BotW, Xenoblade 2, Skyrim) and they all didn't exceed 15 GB so I wouldn't know.

 

Also it IS relevant for the people without SD cards. It simply never occured to me that this would be an issue, because I consider it self evident to buy one. But that's an oversight on my part. Now I'm just interested whether this will be adressed in any way or whether there will be changes. 

Witcher 3 exceeds the base capacity of the switch unless you buy it physically as well as dragon quest heros 

Edited by (NSW)VertroxNightBlood

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, (NSW)VertroxNightBlood said:

Witcher 3 exceeds the base capacity of the switch unless you buy it physically as well as dragon quest heros 

All of the NBA 2K games do as well, they're all over 30gb, even the physical copies require a memory card as they cheaped out and used the smallest capacity switch carts (4gb iirc)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, (NSW)Notdarkstark said:

All of the NBA 2K games do as well, they're all over 30gb, even the physical copies require a memory card as they cheaped out and used the smallest capacity switch carts (4gb iirc)

Go get a grasp on what the issue actually is then come back and try again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, (NSW)cAtbEaNz said:

Go get a grasp on what the issue actually is then come back and try again

Get a grasp on the fact that nobody was talking to you clown, go take your condescending BS elsewhere.

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if this is even worth asking, but what are the chances that this isn't going to work out in our favor and Nintendo doesn't allow the update to go through? Is that really a possibility? 

I've been playing on the Switch since launch and this is the first time that I've become annoyed or upset about a lack of content: to be fair, I'm not even mad about the delay-- yea it's annoying, but I get that things aren't going to be perfect. What I find annoying, or worrisome at this point isn't the delay (which apparently has no end in sight), it's the lack of information about a contingency plan if this ends up not working out. 

I've seen a few other post in here about this too-- Account Migration should be something that DE discusses (imo) when atypical scenarios like this arise. I made a PC account 3 days ago, because I got tired of logging into my Switch account just to feel like there was nothing to do (I'm MR17 on switch and I still have plenty to do, but I can't bring myself to do anything new when I have no clue if my efforts are in vain right now). But playing on PC today was painful too (because I don't like keyboard controls), I don't want to start from scratch because I have to-- I would only want to grind from the beginning again on a new account if I knew I'd still be able to access my main account. 

Maybe DE isn't saying anything because it's best-practice for them not to (and if that's the bottom line then I accept that). Maybe my frustration is misplaced and it will all work out-- all I'm saying is that despite the promised rewards, extra loot, etc. at this point I don't feel like that type of communication is transparency any longer. I don't care about an alert, or extra "stuff" as much as it's appreciated. What I want (and I think what we all want) at this point is more transparent answers/communication-- not shiny distractions. 

  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, (NSW)The_Turk said:

What I want (and I think what we all want) at this point is more transparent answers/communication-- not shiny distractions. 

Yuuup. Exactly. Would be nice to know what is going on and how much we should be worried (or not) about it.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But don't you feel that DE is actually being transparent and that they are as lost as we are? As far as we know, Nintendo barely replied to them about the situation and DE has been waiting for one week for details since that reply happened.

In my understanding, DE isn't sharing more with us simple because they don't have more to share. I mean, they are losing way more than us after all. It's a free game that lives through it's live online service, so I can only imagine how much money and manpower they are losing on those 2 weeks. Until Nintendo unties DE's hands, what we have in terms of information is all we're gonna have 😕

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, (NSW)The_Turk said:

Not sure if this is even worth asking, but what are the chances that this isn't going to work out in our favor and Nintendo doesn't allow the update to go through? Is that really a possibility? 

If Nintendo doesn't allow the update, and DE doesn't let me transfer back to PC, I'll just straight up quit playing. I've been out of stuff to do for 3 weeks now, and I'm even out of stuff to do to prepare for the next patch. I emailed support and asked about a transfer to PC but never got a response.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, (NSW)Grobnar said:

Anecdotal evidence of your hardcore clan can't speak for the entire Warframe Switch community; it can only speak for your clan. That said, the 90% comment is clearly hyperbolic and obviously not meant to be taken literally. All that to say that the Switch version is still getting new players logging in who obviously can't access the new content right away but are interested in all of the other content that is new to them and will satisfy them, and of course the hardcore community can always take a break and come back when the new content rolls in. I personally have spent the "break" playing Lethal League and SMT IV and logging in for NightWave. What I mean is that this obviously sucks, but I don't think we should worry about any doomsday any time 

There is a lot of content that is not relevant to you position in the game. The melee changes will effect even an MR0 player. Never said my clan spoke for the entire community. Simply stated that many are eagerly awaiting this. Just go in Region chat and ask around. I've spoken to many(I'm not claiming all). And the concern of this potentially being a doomsday situation isnt that far fetched. As I'm sure you're aware this issue is about file size and the requirement of an SD card. I'm sure you probably know as well that SD cards are not intended to be constantly erased and rewritten. Doing so will burn them out, not may, but will. Warframe is such a great game mostly because of their constant updates and new content which will demand our SD cards get erased and rewritten resulting in burnt out SD cards. This would be a major problem for Nintendo. I'm glad your not concerned, but many are, and so am I. I hope this turns out to be all for nothing, but nothing wrong at looking at all the possibilities and preparing for them.

Edited by (NSW)DeadPhish
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If only switch was make little different and for example allow for hot-swamping sd card. I will be not complaining about one of many my sad burn out. 
and this is the thing how fast sd card are burned by this bug?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, (NSW)Faerwald said:

Also, players that don't have an SD (if there are some) might suddenly find themselves unable to play the game until they get one. I don't think that's a lot of people, but that's definitely an issue from a business stand point.

Just imagine being being one of those less-invested players and suddenly being unable to launch the game. You'd most likely just stop playing and uninstall said game. 

ya, and I think the even bigger issue than not having SD card is the fact that even if we have 1, the constant erasing and rewriting of them that WFs updates are gonna require will almost definitely burn them out super fast. Resulting in people claiming that Nintendos hardware damaged their property. It could be a nightmare for them potentially.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, (NSW)Master_Betty said:

It's just a brainfart but it just occured to me that the problem with Warframe on the Switch might be the fact that it can not be downloaded at all unless there is an SD card installed. And by that I mean offering a Software that is basically unable to be played on a out-of-the-box Switch. It sounds logical to expand the memory with an SD-card but it's still an additional investment that a customer has to make in order to be able to play the game at all, SD-lifespan aside. I can only speculate whether there are any users which will be left unable to play once this update rolls out.

"Additional investment" 64 GB SD card is like 10€? Cheaper than most of the games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, (NSW)H0rst said:

"Additional investment" 64 GB SD card is like 10€? Cheaper than most of the games.

The problem will be the Karens who bought the switch for their children. Go tell them (without receiving a "I want to talk to your manager!") that they need to buy "sOmeTHinG!!!11!" for their kids to keep playing...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...