Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[DE]Danielle

(Switch) The Old Blood: Update 26.0.8 Status - Live!

1 minute ago, (NSW)Eclectics said:

No one is saying you shouldn't voice concerns here, just don't be an antisocial prick about it. It's really not hard. I haven't been mindlessly slobbering over DE here, but I'm trying to be respectful and treat them like humans. Spamming this topic with nothing but negativity and petulance like some people is counter productive. 

I hit quote instead of edit on that other post. 

and that is all I was trying to tell the person I was responding to. Simply trying to state that people have the right to be concerned if they so choose and have the right to voice and honestly this IS the place to do that. I have no problem with any person posting their likes/dislikes about DE/Nintendo and or defending or not, but do have a problem with others telling others resorting to insults and name calling just simply because you dont agree with an issue someone has w/a 3rd party. I agree the negativity needs to go, but dont agree that people being concerned and voicing it is part of that negativity. If you look at it most of the OPs were people asking DE directly and someone sidelined in and calls them a 12yr old or crazy. That's where the negativity is coming from not the OP.

Excellent!! next week, it’s a shame that many events will come next week including “The  Season of Dawn”
thanks DE
thanks Nintendo
thanks for nothing....

I look forward to the Christmas event in February and Railjack in October 2020

il y a une heure, (NSW)DeadPhish a dit :

If you look at it most of the OPs were people asking DE directly and someone sidelined in and calls them a 12yr old or crazy. That's where the negativity is coming from not the OP.

I'm sorry if you felt the comment about 12 years old hurtful, it was not aimed at the community but at a single commenter that has been obnoxious, rude, and downright insulted others even when they were trying to have an actual discussion about the issues he raised (which yes, not all of them did) 

Not that the issues themselves aren't legitimate causes for concern, and I agree with you that this forum is the best place to voice them. 

I can't wait for the update now so we can all go back to fighting grineer instead of each other. 

3 hours ago, (NSW)Bayodrake said:

But I'm playing, dear. Got Knight's Quest , the Witcher 3 and Final Fantasy XII on the beginning of November but I couldnt really play them because the class semester ends about now in my country, so I had a lot of work to do 😉

I'm just curious about this situation. I think it's the case of most people here, some may don't know how to express themselves without sounding harsh (well, it's written language, so we can't really tell their tone), but no one is really dying because of this update.

No, but the game might die in Nintendo halts all future updates. That's why people want a migration option.

14 hours ago, (NSW)cAtbEaNz said:

No, but the game might die in Nintendo halts all future updates. That's why people want a migration option.

I know, bro. I'm at your side in this mess, you don't know how much I want to migrate to PC.

What I mean to say is that people here are consumers and we have the right to demand a proper service from the company which we are paying for a service. If one's playing Warframe on the Switch, at least 300 bucks were spent for a bundle which includes an online service needed to provide Warframe's proper function. Some people might be a bit harsh on HOW they are demanding and objectively wrong to WHOM they are demanding, but they are totally right on WHAT they are demanding.

So far I'm also very upset and annoyed at the fact that it's been almost a month since the update was announced and sent to cert, let alone the very post that says that now it's aimed for next week. But at the same time I don't feel so bad about it because I still have many things to do (including thoses non-impacful ones like somachord farming/orbiter decoration collecting/plat farming/etc) even tho I myself migrated my account from PC to Switch (I still don't regret it despite the lower framerate and issues since it's the only way I can play Warframe rn). However, bashing DE for something that is out of their hands isn't; and will never be, the answer. They've already done everything in their hands to deliver the update with as much content as possible (incluing the .0.8 fixes and changes, which WASN'T included in the original shipping of the update) against all odds (@Nintendo) to make sure we're on par with PS4 & XB1... waiting won't kill us. Mo matter how frustrating it gets, there's always a better way to drain that anger, be it through other games or just doing something else altogether with our time.

PLUS, the very fact that people keep replying to this threat (be it to insult or to provide feedback on the issue) shows that the game is still a matter of concern to us (the Switch playerbase, plus others who may be following this one case), and that's more than enough for DE to not just ignore us and keep us updsted with as much intel as it comes from Nintendo.

To DE themselves, I would like to know this (if possible to answer): Be it that it's on Nintendo's end the fact that we haven't heard any news as of yet and that they took this one long time to react (not counting Thanksgiving, since I saw it coming; because holidays):

Do you have any plans already projected when it comes to handling future "mainline" updates that require this much time to properly test and ensure that it works on the console; outside of the (properly said "internal playtest") you give to it?

I take it an update this big would require slightly more time to be approved since the burden that the console has to carry could be quite heavy (i.e. the SD card situation), and since this kind of days tend to serve as a learning point (I've seen delays like this since WAYYYYY back to Update 13, where you had a clock on the final portion of the hype page, telling people that another week would be required for the update to ship; I'll never forget that traumatic experience lol), I'm interested in knowing if this situation is likely to occur in the future so as to prepare myself (and so that others can as well), since you've already worked on this for the last year and can build a more defined "concept" of what it is like to port a game this big the best way possible to a lower-level console (I LOVE Nintendo with all my heart; so much that I thank they said yes to porting Warframe so I could play both my fav Nintendo games and also your game in a single console, but I'm also realistic about the potential of the Switch and I reckon it could have been a much better console than what it is now).

I'm OK about delaying, but a bit concerning about the word "SD card life expectancy".
Does this mean something like that the current version of Warframe somehow shortening SD card life when it is fully installed on SD card?
I'm not native English speaker, so not sure what DE is actually meaning in that explanation.

5 hours ago, (NSW)cAtbEaNz said:

You like the smell of your own farts dont you?

Yeah dude. You should try them sometime. Maybe you'd lighten up. Also, thought you were done a few pages back

One of those alert rewards is a rare Prime part. Hard to express my gratitude to be able to dodge the RNG cycle, but at the least; thank you for the gifts, DE.

2 hours ago, (NSW)FatherOfAll said:

So far I'm also very upset and annoyed at the fact that it's been almost a month since the update was announced and sent to cert, let alone the very post that says that now it's aimed for next week. But at the same time I don't feel so bad about it because I still have many things to do (including thoses non-impacful ones like somachord farming/orbiter decoration collecting/plat farming/etc) even tho I myself migrated my account from PC to Switch (I still don't regret it despite the lower framerate and issues since it's the only way I can play Warframe rn). However, bashing DE for something that is out of their hands isn't; and will never be, the answer. They've already done everything in their hands to deliver the update with as much content as possible (incluing the .0.8 fixes and changes, which WASN'T included in the original shipping of the update) against all odds (@Nintendo) to make sure we're on par with PS4 & XB1... waiting won't kill us. Mo matter how frustrating it gets, there's always a better way to drain that anger, be it through other games or just doing something else altogether with our time.

It's absolutely awesome that we're getting 26.0.8, which is including the crit changes and lich fixes. Most people have probably missed that though. Including me, haha. Sharp eye! 

They also said they would do a post mortem once it's all done (in the last stream), so we will be getting the answers. Maybe that will answer your questions for now.

2 hours ago, (NSW)ForTheGhostsWithin said:

I'm OK about delaying, but a bit concerning about the word "SD card life expectancy".
Does this mean something like that the current version of Warframe somehow shortening SD card life when it is fully installed on SD card?
I'm not native English speaker, so not sure what DE is actually meaning in that explanation.

As far as I can understand it, that is what it means.

13 hours ago, [DE]Helen said:

We’re targeting the release of The Old Blood: Update 26.0.8 for next week! We want to continue making sure Nintendo Switch Tenno can participate in the Prime Vault while we patiently await the Cert process, so two new Prime Vault Alerts are coming to Nintendo Switch this weekend:

Fragor Prime Blueprint & Akstilleto Prime Blueprint will be available in Alerts on Friday, December 6 @ 2:00 PM ET - Monday, December 9 @ 2PM ET

We’re looking forward to sharing the update with you! Expect an announcement here as soon as we’re ready to launch.

Thank you for the update on the situation and for the alterts! No doubt you are doing a great job here. And of course, the cert progress is nothing you could accelerate.

However, as you may have noticed, people in this forum are discussing cross save quite a lot. An update on the current status of the cross save implementation would be highly appreciated. Even if the update was "there will never be such a thing as cross save", in which case I for example probably would start over again at a PC.

On 2019-11-26 at 1:41 PM, (NSW)Nahaha said:

In a dev stream about 3 months ago, DE Steve described a 10-page analysis of cross progression he was expecting from his staff. He hasn't spoken about what the document might have said since then. What came of that?

Can we get an update on this?

I’m just sad I didn’t get to play it on my birthday on the 28th on switch, kinda bummed out that is still going to be some time, but I’ve done all my research from videos and got almost everything I need to build the ship the only thing I don’t have is the crystals cuz they are no good after a bit of time, and the credits I have enough to get everything up to second rail jack part, 2,185,000. Just hope you put more events or things up to help the credit grind for us.

11 hours ago, (NSW)cAtbEaNz said:

IF and only if it comes to that im sure DE wont leave us high and dry. It can be done PC to switch at least, the reverse should be true.
But again as I have stated previously, just giving the switch that option without that “If” scenario will result in an exodus of a not an insignificant quantity of switch players to other consoles who say they will keep playing the switch version while mobile.
Lets be realistic though, how often does your average Joe or Joanne go on a road trip away from home without the majority of their time away spent enjoying that new location or preoccupied with family or business matters. Plus we all know hotel wifi sucks big time.

Honestly I suspect all the nintennos who say they will move to another platform but still play the switch are just saving face. The few that are true to their word will probably find a gutted community barely able to find a full group for anything but events and hydron, hell even hydron doesn't fill up in the mornings my time(central). A slower update cycle due to nintendo ensuring that an update dosnt brick the console, which is an understandable concern. And in general less content (mostly cosmetics) worse performance and graphics.

Is this an opinion, yes its a pessimistic one at that. But considering the fact that the switch only has mobility, and I can name only 2 people who take advantage of this, and 3 opal cosmetics unique to it as reasons to stay.

There is very little incentive to stick with the switch platform if an option to leave is presented. 

34 minutes ago, (NSW)Zenith said:

I’m just sad I didn’t get to play it on my birthday on the 28th on switch, kinda bummed out that is still going to be some time, but I’ve done all my research from videos and got almost everything I need to build the ship the only thing I don’t have is the crystals cuz they are no good after a bit of time, and the credits I have enough to get everything up to second rail jack part, 2,185,000. Just hope you put more events or things up to help the credit grind for us.

It's not the Rising Tide update so there's no ship.

In nintendo@10 they just said that there is no progress in cross save so far. However, that's still an update! 🙂

3 hours ago, (NSW)Nahaha said:

Can we get an update on this?

I think the fact you've been ignored multiple times should be taken as communication. There is no update on this, and the lack of any response is itself a response. They got nothing, or at least will say nothing.

2 hours ago, (NSW)ShinNL said:

It's not the Rising Tide update so there's no ship.

You get the dry dock

you get to prep the rail jack missions to start building 

you don’t get to fly it

2 hours ago, (NSW)Nadlug said:

IF and only if it comes to that im sure DE wont leave us high and dry. It can be done PC to switch at least, the reverse should be true.
But again as I have stated previously, just giving the switch that option without that “If” scenario will result in an exodus of a not an insignificant quantity of switch players to other consoles who say they will keep playing the switch version while mobile.
Lets be realistic though, how often does your average Joe or Joanne go on a road trip away from home without the majority of their time away spent enjoying that new location or preoccupied with family or business matters. Plus we all know hotel wifi sucks big time.

Honestly I suspect all the nintennos who say they will move to another platform but still play the switch are just saving face. The few that are true to their word will probably find a gutted community barely able to find a full group for anything but events and hydron, hell even hydron doesn't fill up in the mornings my time(central). A slower update cycle due to nintendo ensuring that an update dosnt brick the console, which is an understandable concern. And in general less content (mostly cosmetics) worse performance and graphics.

Is this an opinion, yes its a pessimistic one at that. But considering the fact that the switch only has mobility, and I can name only 2 people who take advantage of this, and 3 opal cosmetics unique to it as reasons to stay.

There is very little incentive to stick with the switch platform if an option to leave is presented. 

One month behind and no guarantee the update is coming or that if it does come this issue wont arise again. DE has also no squashed the idea that updates could be halted leaving us to believe the possibility is there otherwise why not shut down that fear immediately? And like I said, IF updates are halted we need that option to migrate, I'm not asking for a migration option even if the update does come I agree that would be bad for the game...just not as bad as no future updates.

27 minutes ago, (NSW)Zenith said:

You get the dry dock

you get to prep the rail jack missions to start building 

you don’t get to fly it

DE is aiming to roll out Old Blood (.08 version) next week (as told by Nintendo, confirmed in stream). But the dry dock / archwing update is part of the Rising Tide update, only PC players have that.