Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[DE]Danielle

(Switch) The Old Blood: Update 26.0.8 Status - Live!

1 hour ago, [DE]Helen said:

Hello Switch Tenno! As of this morning, The Old Blood remains in the Cert process, which means the Update will not release before the weekend. Since the unvaulted Relics won’t appear in-game until the update is live, we want to apologize for the delay with a Relic Pack treat set to arrive in your inbox when the update launches. The 8 time-limited Alerts will also be rescheduled for after the launch of The Old Blood, as they are aimed towards the Melee Phase 2 changes and the rewards require the update. You can expect more info next week when we have it! Thank you again for your patience as we work together with Nintendo to get this update out ASAP!

But what happened here? What is taking so long for nintendo???

Please aswers us! Just for transparency.

It's so hard knowing nothing wile pc is getting a new update and ps4 and xbox already got their update...

Why it take so long for updating.....?

just watch PC update new version rising tide and PS4 XBOX already updated...

so upset about that, especially knowing PC gonna to update rising tide.

2 hours ago, (NSW)Katsuro said:

the moment warframe gets cross save Nintendo is screwed

I disagree. Personally I'd be more comfortable spending money on my Switch account (with Nintendo getting a cut of that) if I knew that I wasn't going to reroll on PC one day. 

5 minutes ago, (NSW)GHOST8705 said:

Why dont yall divide the update into 2 updates so we arent having to wait for everything 

That would result in the same thing. It'd still have to go through Cert.

i think it costs money to send something to Nintendo into certification. So that's why it's better to bundle a lot of updates and send them once as a big one. But it's nice of DE to keep us updated and give us something for the wait. Thank you Helen 🙂

On 2019-11-11 at 8:21 PM, [DE]Danielle said:

November 22nd:

Hello Switch Tenno! As of this morning, The Old Blood remains in the Cert process, which means the Update will not release before the weekend. Since the unvaulted Relics won’t appear in-game until the update is live, we want to apologize for the delay with a Relic Pack treat set to arrive in your inbox when the update launches. The 8 time-limited Alerts will also be rescheduled for after the launch of The Old Blood, as they are aimed towards the Melee Phase 2 changes and the rewards require the update. You can expect more info next week when we have it! Thank you again for your patience as we work together with Nintendo to get this update out ASAP!

@[DE]Helen 
I'm ok with the delay, its not up to you guys we have to wait for Nintendo but....
Now is the Double XP Weekend and that is kind of a slap in the face for Switch Tenno 😞
Even for PS4 & XBOX its a bit to early in my opinion but they at least have the Patch, the Forma and had the chance to get some Kuva Weapons to really dig in the XP this weekend.

But Switch is just loosing big time in with this weekend ...

Any plans for repeating the Event for Switch ?

1 minute ago, (NSW)Kremo said:

@[DE]Helen 
I'm ok with the delay, its not up to you guys we have to wait for Nintendo but....
Now is the Double XP Weekend and that is kind of a slap in the face for Switch Tenno 😞
Even for PS4 & XBOX its a bit to early in my opinion but they at least have the Patch, the Forma and had the chance to get some Kuva Weapons to really dig in the XP this weekend.

But Switch is just loosing big time in with this weekend ...

Any plans for repeating the Event for Switch ?

Can't agree more. I understand that the delay is not because of you, and I can't blame you for that. However, the Double XP Weekend looks something went to waste for us. We didn't even have time to get the kuva weapons, and those are the ones that will require more affinity due to their nature. Doing the event right now when we don't have access yet to it looks like a waste for so many of us. I would have preferred a resource weekend or creds weekend and wait for the XP for a while until we have the update and, at least, had a few days to be able to farm some weapons.

I apologize for not being good at English first.

I bought Prime vault on the 20th. But if I knew Relics would be distributed, I might not have bought it.

I understand that there is no story that everyone agrees with, but I still feel a bit lost.

I hope the rising tide update comes with a game files optimization , so the memory size decresases. 

I mean since we already have a delay on the old blood (due to the fact that the game goes beyond the 20gb allowance), they might as well look into file optimization for the next update. We will still get the update after everyone else, but the delay between the two updates would be the same, hopefully. Like, 3 weeks, hopefully. 

3 hours ago, (NSW)Faerwald said:

I hope the rising tide update comes with a game files optimization , so the memory size decresases. 

I mean since we already have a delay on the old blood (due to the fact that the game goes beyond the 20gb allowance), they might as well look into file optimization for the next update. We will still get the update after everyone else, but the delay between the two updates would be the same, hopefully. Like, 3 weeks, hopefully. 

The game will only get bigger and bigger, you can't expect it to always fit the Switch internal memory. Sooner or later (and I suspect it will be sooner than later), you will have to buy an SD. Actually, they didn't have to optimize the files because they could just say we needed an SD card and still they did it. So don't expect they keep doing it and get a 64gb card at least if you want to keep playing Warframe on Switch.

Also, complain to Nintendo for being so crappy by giving Switch such a small internal memory.

Hey DE.

For the next update, be careful to not have the same fiasco repeat itself.

And the fact that you just put the rising tide update on Pc makes things worse. Yeah I get it that it's Nintendos fault for le old blood fiasco. But the fact that you just updated PC again is just horrible for us. It's nearly 1 month since the old blood update and we have nothing on switch. 

So next time be careful because what you just did is horrible for the switch community. 

1 hour ago, (NSW)Lorkhan said:

Hey DE.

And the fact that you just put the rising tide update on Pc makes things worse. Yeah I get it that it's Nintendos fault for le old blood fiasco. But the fact that you just updated PC again is just horrible for us. It's nearly 1 month since the old blood update and we have nothing on switch. 

So next time be careful because what you just did is horrible for the switch community. 

I dunno. I don't share the same sentiment. Don't get me wrong, I'm dying to get my hands on The Old Blood, but the way I see it, the sooner updates get onto PC, the sooner we can get it into cert for consoles. What, were gonna just delay the update when they were ready to launch it? That's silly, especially since a delay on PC ultimately means a longer wait for us. There's no way the Rising Tide update would be a good look in the light of the Switch delay, but it was the right call.

3 hours ago, (NSW)Lorkhan said:

Hey DE.

DE isn't obligated to do anything to make up to switch players. This fiasco isn't of DE's doing and it's not like they wanted Switch players to have to wait extra for Old Blood. The trouble and delay in cert is partially due to the limiting hardware of Switch and the amount of sacrifices that has to be made to have Warframe even run on this console. Can't we be a little more patient?

29 minutes ago, (NSW)sanbon said:

DE isn't obligated to do anything to make up to switch players. This fiasco isn't of DE's doing and it's not like they wanted Switch players to have to wait extra for Old Blood. The trouble and delay in cert is partially due to the limiting hardware of Switch and the amount of sacrifices that has to be made to have Warframe even run on this console. Can't we be a little more patient?

Nintendo owes a proper explanation at the very least. They're the ones holding up the update, they're the ones who should be reaching out and telling the communities of games not getting updated why. Warframe isn't the only one impacted, and Nintendo is holding fast to their PR policy of "deny everything and do not respond".

I'm glad DE is being transparent with us about everything, it's too bad the icon of accessible gaming isn't being so accessible.

Il y a 7 heures, (NSW)Belaptir a dit :

The game will only get bigger and bigger, you can't expect it to always fit the Switch internal memory. Sooner or later (and I suspect it will be sooner than later), you will have to buy an SD. Actually, they didn't have to optimize the files because they could just say we needed an SD card and still they did it. So don't expect they keep doing it and get a 64gb card at least if you want to keep playing Warframe on Switch.

Also, complain to Nintendo for being so crappy by giving Switch such a small internal memory.

I do have an SD, but I had to redownload the game on the internal memory because it wouldn't work properly (I couldn't join online games and the loading times were really long).

But of course nintendo's idea of internal memory is strange. Everybody criticized the wii U because of the 32gb size being too little, and yet they did the same with the switch, it's mind-boggling really.

Well on Switch/ Wii U you don't need to install physical games to the internal memory, unlike ps4/ xbox one... So more memory is not needed and additional internal memory would force every user to pay more for the switch, even those wo just buy physical games. Micro sd cards are also really cheap and everyone can upgrade how much they are confident to pay for. So it is a nice move for customers. They also don't force any proprietary memory chips like sony did with the ps vita.

I also think we should all be nice to DE and Nintendo. Things like this can happen and we should live up to our reputation of beeing one of the nicest online communities. I know there has been a content drought this year, but they are working really hard on an enormous update and it's free ! 

24 minutes ago, (NSW)Hermy said:

I also think we should all be nice to DE and Nintendo. Things like this can happen and we should live up to our reputation of being one of the nicest online communities. I know there has been a content drought this year, but they are working really hard on an enormous update and it's free ! 

This update reflects a failure by DE (not Nintendo) on multiple things. The "it's Nintendo" excuse did work and was valid over multiple repetitions. This, however has happened multiple times over the last year. It is the 1-year Anniversary for Warframe on Switch and these unfair delays are still happening. Where is the anticipation of issues with Nintendo? Why bundle multiple updates (all the way to the Arbitrations Update) in one basket? Nintendo players haven't even gotten the Arbitrations Update from September! Nintendo is run by people just like Sony and Microsoft. I know DE can get it figured out for future updates.

vor 45 Minuten schrieb (NSW)Nahaha:

This update reflects a failure by DE (not Nintendo) on multiple things. The "it's Nintendo" excuse did work and was valid over multiple repetitions. This, however has happened multiple times over the last year. It is the 1-year Anniversary for Warframe on Switch and these unfair delays are still happening. Where is the anticipation of issues with Nintendo? Why bundle multiple updates (all the way to the Arbitrations Update) in one basket? Nintendo players haven't even gotten the Arbitrations Update from September! Nintendo is run by people just like Sony and Microsoft. I know DE can get it figured out for future updates.

please be nice 🙂 And it's no excuse, but they are on xbox & ps4 many years longer than on switch. Also i think certification with these publishers is easier than with Nintendo. Since Fortuna we also got all updates at the same time as the other plattforms. - this is the first one since we got to the same level that is delayed. And i don't think it's good to blame them to bring the next update to pc, because the sooner it's on pc, the sooner it comes to switch.

4 minutes ago, (NSW)Hermy said:

please be nice 🙂 And it's no excuse, but they are on xbox & ps4 many years longer than on switch. Also i think certification with these publishers is easier than with Nintendo. Since Fortuna we also got all updates at the same time as the other plattforms. - this is the first one since we got to the same level that is delayed. And i don't think it's good to blame them to bring the next update to pc, because the sooner it's on pc, the sooner it comes to switch.

Yeah, it's really not fair to blame them for releasing PC updates. It's not their fault the game got held up in cert by Nintendo. It's damn nice DE are being so transparent with us about everything. Would be nice if Nintendo was willing to step up and explain what's preventing them from giving game updates the ok. They've given the standard PR non-answers, but some truth would be much appreciated and would probably defuse the entire situation.

4 hours ago, (NSW)Gunz said:

They've given the standard PR non-answers, but some truth would be much appreciated and would probably defuse the entire situation.

Big companies still don’t understand a “sorry we #*!% up, we working on repairing it” is much better than silence and playing dump. And I’m not talking only about Nintendo. DE manage to be preaty transparent (oh they don’t give us stats about transmutation, I don’t like that). But come on did you see @[DE]Steve during de stream when community tell him double affinity don’t work? Most knower big games will do nothing, you will be don’t getting any live stream.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb (NSW)zook-pl:

Big companies still don’t understand a “sorry we #*!% up, we working on repairing it” is much better than silence and playing dump. And I’m not talking only about Nintendo. DE manage to be preaty transparent (oh they don’t give us stats about transmutation, I don’t like that). But come on did you see @[DE]Steve during de stream when community tell him double affinity don’t work? Most knower big games will do nothing, you will be don’t getting any live stream.

I don't think developpers are supposed to talk about the details of the cert process... it's already nice they are telling us when they sent something to cert and when ot takes longer as usual. but I'm pretty sure it will be any day now and i'm pretty sure they will make another double xp weekend on switch one ore two weeks after the update hits, if we ask nicely. They are already giving us some relics because they couldn't hotfix them.

9 hours ago, (NSW)Hermy said:

Well on Switch/ Wii U you don't need to install physical games to the internal memory, unlike ps4/ xbox one... So more memory is not needed and additional internal memory would force every user to pay more for the switch, even those wo just buy physical games. Micro sd cards are also really cheap and everyone can upgrade how much they are confident to pay for. So it is a nice move for customers. They also don't force any proprietary memory chips like sony did with the ps vita.

I also think we should all be nice to DE and Nintendo. Things like this can happen and we should live up to our reputation of beeing one of the nicest online communities. I know there has been a content drought this year, but they are working really hard on an enormous update and it's free ! 

No, on a few things I disagree. First, you do need to install games on your Switch, and some are quite big. Memory is in fact needed the moment they are selling everything in digital (and some games only that way). Besides, they could have perfectly sacrificed some of the stupid and useless features of the joycons (anyone ever used the IR camera aside some minigames in labo? NO) to give us some dirt cheap memory (that you have stated to be really cheap). So giving us some 128gb instead of just 32, for them might have been pennies, and if the console had to cost 10€/$ more, I would have been ok with it. Stop defending Nintendo for their crappy decisions, because they are not right here.

And no, we shouldn't be nice to Nintendo when we all know it's their fault and they are not being clear on the reasons. Why is it being delayed? Why has it been 1 week without knowing anything? They (Nintendo) really need to go out of their usual PR silence and be nice to us for once, not the opposite. I am not blaming DE for this, in fact I think they are being awesome by giving us some relics to make up for the mistake that they are NOT commiting, but one thing is being nice and a very different one is being critical. And with Nintendo (as well as with DE when they deserve it) we need to be critical, we can't be just nice and silent, we as customers (in a civil way) must express our feelings about things because it's the only way the companies will improve their products.