Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wholfe1999

Thoughts on Update 26

So for the past however long this update has been out the only thing that i have been doing in WF is Lich Hunting, and I have my gripes with the update just like many others. I would say that the update is alright compare to the previous ones desptite the bugs and all. And I, just like many others would like to see some change to the systems that have been implented.

Personally I would like to see something done to the Lich system where constantly getting duplicates isn't a thing. I've converted 13 liches becuase they had dupes and guns that i dont really care for, plus i would like to see buff to the allied liches becuase earlier today i had my allied lich come in for support and he dealt next to none in terms of damage to an elite lancer. I would assume that they could take out a level 75 grineer with ease considering that my lich broke my back a few times. That's really my issue with the liches. I'm fine with the farming, and the confrontation with the liches (havent had any with any notable quirks).

As for melee I really like most of the stance changes (I've been using the Heliocor quite a bit recently). But the heavy attacks and the changes to CO are a little lack luster in my opinion. I dont find the heavy attacks to be all that worth it. I will admit I havent messed with heavy attacks a whole lot. But I just do see the worth in building up to 12x for bloodrush to just waste it to kill a few fodder enemies and maybe a heavy, or accidently miss and hit nothing. I think having heavy combo attacks that drain 3 or 4 stacks from the combo multiplier that always deal the maximum-ish damage that it can deal at 12x for every hit it the combo would be a nice change. I think it would be a nice balance between keeping the 12x for BR or using it on multiple heavy attacks. As for Condition Overload I am a little dissapointed with it's changes. I do understand the facts that it wasn't supposed to scale exponetially but the change to make it additive with Pressure Point (Primed included) makes it practically useless, similar to having serration (and equivalent mods) with Chroma's vex armor. BTW Brozime's video on CO's changes was helpful in understanding how CO worked. I like his idea on how he would change CO.

Any who, that's what I think of this update. Obviously, I'm not expecting any changes to these systems soon, until DE feels ready after all these hotfixes. I would like to know what the rest of the community thinks about this update.

For me the duplicate weapons combined with bad RNG rolls is the major thing at this point. 

I can get behind combining weapons, but the layer of RNG is pretty game breaking. I got Kuva Seer from the 6th lich with 26% electricity, and the 7th one also has Kuva seer with 26% electricity. Unless that Lich has an ephemera you want, the chore of killing the Lich becomes extremely frustrating because there is 0 incentive.

Same would apply to a situation where you get a 50% roll, and the next lich has the same thing with a 45% roll. That means there is absolutely nothing to gain from killing him.

"Converting" the lich, should be worthwhile, probably a value equal to getting a new weapon to give the player an incentive. I haven't converted a Lich nor I'm interested in doing so because of  the negative things I've read about it. People say it is 100% pointless because they rarely spawn and they are of no use at all.

Another layer of unwanted RNG is the spawn rate/chance of the Lich. My last lich didn't spawn for 8 missions after I got the last clue. Combine  that with the missed opportunities when someone decides not to touch their Lich and prevents the rest from spawning, it becomes a unnecessary hindrance to the game. It should also be fixed.

Melee is OK for the most part. I never really cared about lvl 200+ enemies, and we don't have a proper end game. I don't mind not seeing big numbers. It gets the job done for me, so I'm more or less indifferent towards it. My biggest gripe is the heavy attack thing. It is actually no different than channeling because unless you specifically build for it, it is for the most part useless. Definitely needs to be reworked.

^ yeah, thats sad that half of the mechanic (convert) worth nothing, cause its useless 😞 I wish we could use liches as spectres when we want and they would be strong and useful. 

an update so bad that they had to give people the option to not participate in it's core feature, i wish we had the option to opt-out of the melee changes too but no luck there. but hey we got a legendary core but there is no new prime mod to use it on, yay.

I've not done anything with the Lichs (even before the change to make it optional ~ which is a good change in a world of Large AoEs) but everything has been good. Was initially not liking the idea of the Grendel missions but was given a opportunity to go along with a friend on his try and it actually turned out to be a lot of fun. While i haven't used all my melee weapons the ones i have used have felt significantly better across the board, i have always tended to not be using whats popular with the masses and so am probably unaffected by any perceived nerf to some of the. 

Looking in on the Lich system its typical now of DE to have a grand system added in but not very well and to slowly make it better (Looking at Archwing here mostly)

its neat i guess, but RNG weapons made me lose a lot of interest and as such i haven't even found my first larvling yet and i have played nearly every day since the patch. I also want one of the ephemera's but i wont even bother because the chance of getting the one i want is basically zero.

RNG is killing the game. Relic system on top of more RNG is just to the point of ridiculousness. <--- this. The grind is out of control now.I get it, its a grind fest but the grind is starting to feel unrewarding to me. Its become a job not a game. And when you are adding layers of RNG this can pretty much break the game. Also re-play value is important to warframe. 

Also stop with the large packages of armor. Armor was always separate pieces so people can select what they want. 

other than that the new warframes are fun since last i played. 

Grinding for hours for a weapon you already have without a solution to cancel that is just horrible, painful and a terrible choice made by DE.

How did they think it was a good idea in the first place ? Incredible.

Sorry but i have better things to do with my time instead of losing it.

I have over 25 liches killed. I only need kuva stubba. no ephemeras so far. honestly this RNG over RNG over RNG over RNG is disheartening. I am trying to get my kuva stubba so I can take a 3month break from this stupid game. its hurting its playerbase, as can be seen by warframe being knocked down off the top 10 games in steam. The new dev workshop only made me feel worse.

0/10 really. ive never been so disgusted with this game. But of course, DE won't listen.