Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Map node overhaul

AJman14

The current map node design is getting increasingly confusing with so many variable missions. Simple dots for a mission require a mouse hover to find specific types, such as Capture. An icon for each type of mission would be much appreciated! It would be nice if nodes show an icon for the type of mission they are, but still be overwritten like they are now if there's an invasion, fissure, etc.

On top of that, the "click-to-see-what-missions-are-available" system is quite outdated. The node should expand on hover, showing all available types for the user to then select their preferred mission. You can see my concept image for the idea:

nAVMuBA.png

5 hours ago, Uhkretor said:

Check the Wiki for the different Star charts.

The current Star chart (3.0) is the simplest one, which solved problems that couldn't be fixed in the previous ones.

I'm not really interested in previous star charts. I'm only interested in improvements to the current one.

Even if they don't have a specific icon for each type of mission, they should at least expand and show each available mode.

4 hours ago, Endorphinz said:

Did you read the post even? Those are valid points, and it's not necessarily an overhaul but helping things be more visible.

I actually really think that would be a good idea, super simple and painless way of showing more information.

Thank you for the support! Hopefully something will come of the discussion.