Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The worst parts about kuva, and how it relates to other problems

Salenzar

Just a minor thought I had while playing earlier today, but what really irks me about the entire process of farming Kuva is that you're effectively always only farming for kuva. 

Gonna take a step back here, and start at what is perhaps the beginning of this all. So. We have rivens. A lot of them, and they are what could be considered endgame, or at least something resembling it. For those pesky things we need kuva. Tons and tons and tons of it. 100k kuva before you even get a semi-decent roll is not uncommon at all. I'm not going to go into how atrocious of a system that is, I'm pretty sure everyone is already aware of that.

So that's our baseline; we need an extraordinary amount of kuva, even for a single riven, and nearly all players who are in the "endgame" portion of the game will have a fair amount of them, and thus a need for kuva. (And obscene amounts of it, too). So far this is fine. It's not ideal, but it's fine.

So how do we get kuva? By doing regular missions that have a kuva component to them, which rewards us with miniscule amounts of the thing we need literal boat loads of, which is, in my opinion, the first problem.

Secondly, this leads to an almost inevitable disappointment; you will use the kuva to reroll rivens and usually get terrible results. That's just how the system works. However, these terrible results feel a lot worse because you had to actively spend time to specifically reach that, oftentimes terrible, result. 

What kind of dawned on me is that kuva farming and kuva liches essentially share this characteristic;  you have to grind for them and for them alone while achieving nothing else of worth in the game. You get the kuva, you get your mostly terrible result and you begin again. No achievement is felt whatsoever, and in the worst case scenario, disappointment is all that is experienced.

What temporarily alleviated much of this was the feature bug where Thralls would drop 500 kuva. FINALLY! This one thing I was doing (farming thralls) was not completely useless, as I was getting kuva on the side! The activity of farming thralls in itself is one of the most mind-numbing and unrewarding activities in the game, and this made it so much more bearable, and also alleviated a lot of the frustrations I was experiencing with kuva farming, as I could at least passively gather some of this resource I need so much of, without having to specifically farm for it, which is an activity that feels incredibly unrewarding in and of itself. Luckily though, this was patched. 

Murmur farming and kuva farming have something in common here: the activities themselves are inherently unrewarding. From what I gather, the devs are planning to make thralls appear in regular missions, so you can passively farm murmurs while doing other things. This would be a great addition, and solve the problem of murmur farming being inherently unrewarding.

Now why aren't they doing the same with kuva though? Endo is gathered passively throughout all kinds of activities, and it's what makes it bearable; you need a lot of it, and farming for endo on its own is a rather unrewarding activity, but you don't need to worry, as simply playing the game will net you endo. Both endo and kuva are resources that we need a lot of, and they are also both capable of being transformed into plat. So why can we not gather both of them in the same fashion?

• Like 4