Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva Lich - a bandaid over burnout

Zoero

First of all, some background. I am currently at 30 liches give or take, and I have yet to receive a single ephemera or the stubba and I have to say this is ruining the game for me and many others I have talked with, surely there are some that are OK with the current system but a lot of players are voicing their disgust and dislike for this system for a reason. 

With the latest Dev Workshop DE mentioned that in order to trade a lich you must have converted said lich, this is a 3 hour grind on average. You still have to go through the entire process in order to get rid of a duplicate or unwanted weapon/lich.

For this reason I propose the following:

When fighting a kuva lich that has a weapon you have already mastered, (that means, you have already used 5 forma on said weapon) you get to use your parazon and instead of instantly dying you are presented with an option screen (similar to the convert/vanquish event) where you can destroy or "void" the lich with whatever requiem mods you have currently equiped. This still removes one charge from each of the mods, so you are still enticed to farm requiem mods and you still have to anger your lich enough to make him/her spawn. This proposed system still makes you progress through your lich, so it is not a simple "swipe left" on your lich. You do not get the weapon or ephemeras on said lich, which is why you are presented with an option to do this. Say you got a repeat weapon but it has an ephemera, in order to get the ephemera you still have to go through the entire process of hunting your lich and unlocking the requiem mods through murmur. Any stolen loot is lost with the lich, this way there is a trade-off. You are only presented with the option of "voiding" your lich on the first encounter, this way you don't have to go through this cutscene/event every single fight. 

With this proposed system we are still going through content such as:

• Farming relics/mods to use said mods on the lich, given they still lose a charge.
  • Enraging the lich, going through the controlled territory for at least 4-6 missions on average.

By implementing this system, or one that is alike, the grief and dislike that currently surround the lich system will be greatly alleviated, ensuring that this type of content is sought after without the negativity that it currently has. If you get, for example, a weapon that has a higher bonus % and you want this weapon to upgrade your current weapon, you still need to go through the entire lich hunt process.

I feel this system would negate some, if not all, of the strain the current system places on the playerbase while remaining fairly balanced as "voiding" your lich still comes at a cost (loss of requiem mod charges, all stolen loot is lost with the lich and you don't get a converted lich or their weapon/ephemeras).

Please comment with your opinions and let's hope that @[DE]Rebecca @[DE]Megan @[DE]Steve and the rest of the group sees this.

Will never happen since they want to create lich trade - and for that to work they need to keep grind sufficiently high and rewards highly random - just like with rivens, making it hard to obtain the combo you actually want. So no skipping the grind for you. Unless you pay.