Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Warframe that can have 5 pets active at the same time

Flying_Scorpion

1st, Increase limit on the number of active pets. Allow us to pay DNA costs (or food/water costs) to keep more pets active if we want. I don't care about the DNA stabilizer costs, I have more than enough credits to have many different pets active at the same time. Might as well put those to use feeding them all so I don't need to go through the stasis interface again and again as I switch pets. If I have to take some decorations down in my orbiter, I'm willing to do that too.

2. Instead of a "weak" passive and "strong" abilities, it's the opposite.

3. Passive: can have up to 5 pets active at the same time. 

4. Abilities are just the interface used to control the pets. One ability tells them to attack a target. The second ability tells them to revive someone. Third ability toggles all pets from follow to stay put. Fourth tells them to go around fetching items. Things like that, you can come up with all kinds of ideas for this Warframe's abilities. There's no need to give combat bonuses to this character, having 5 pets active at the same time is already quite strong. It's like having Nekros' ultimate active all the time, but with fewer, more powerful thralls. The customization is off the chain too, for veterans can try out all kinds of combos with different Moas, Kavats, and Kubrows. The forma/catalyst sink would be insane since to maximize each pet, you'd need to sink a ton of forma into the whole gang

And that's it. If you need a weapon, I don't know. A hunting shotgun? Then you can roleplay as a hunter with a packhound of dogs. "Hunting" liches or something. Maybe give the character a "Witcher" vibe, with his vampire cats and infested dogs. Maybe give him a "Houndmaster Shaw" vibe like from Hearthstone.

I don't know if this would be an overpowered character. But to be fair, Khora already exists in the game and she has crazy high damage, crowd control, and even built-in healing. What I'm suggesting is strip away all those bonuses, and put instead more active pets. That would seem appropriate to me from a balance standpoint.
400px-Houndmaster_Shaw_full.jpg?version=6d856da78269970a15f6e4bb4dacd64d

Edited by Flying_Scorpion

On 2019-11-13 at 2:37 AM, Jutzo said:

I'm sure this won't be added as you can just revive your teammates or collect loot by yourself. It would make controls unnecessary hard and require a lot of programming. This is not that good of an idea.

Considering they added specialized animations for wisp, a specialized model for Grendel, jiggle physics to his stomach, and all the amazing things that have come with kuva liches...I don't think my idea is outside the realm of possibilities!

• Like 1

Am 18.11.2019 um 00:17 schrieb Flying_Scorpion:

Considering they added specialized animations for wisp, a specialized model for Grendel, jiggle physics to his stomach, and all the amazing things that have come with kuva liches...I don't think my idea is outside the realm of possibilities!

its still a stupid idea. There is no reason to do this, your pets would just play the game for you, you could build up your army of specters and pets and play nekros and just afk all the time.

22 minutes ago, Flying_Scorpion said:

That's your argument? "it's a stupid idea"? Wow, quite the ummmm analyst you are there. Very solid points /s

Your limited information in the OP makes it hard to form any proper analysis. It sounds like "the frame gets lots of pets, you have no abilities, just ways to control the pets". That does not sound like a particularly enjoyable thing.

• You have suggested a frame that revolves around micromanaging you pets. I have to agree that this is a fairly poor concept. Perhaps think of how you could make it less about micromanaging and more about actually playing. I cannot see how this frame could compete for kills if you are using the abilities.

Although you have not considered this (as far as I can see): this frame will need reasonably high health and armour, otherwise it wouldn't be all that useful. Five pets are terrible if they have 500 health and 50 armour. So, assuming the pets operate with the AI still, you could very easily just AFK.

Mate the problem is that the AI are pretty stupid , I like that idea a lot , first ability follow or stay put , second ability move around you or revive each other , 3 ability boost dmg of pets 4 ability massive channelled heal/energy (I mean why not channelling ability that strong if those are risky to use)

• Like 1

Khora is the closest we've got and the focus is still on the frame and not her summons.

I'd say 3, maybe 4 pets is fine. I'd still like a way to control them individually. An option is to do it similarly to how Ivara cycles arrows.

Some suggestions:
Make one of the pets completely dependant on the WF's color palette.
Make another dependant on the weapons equipped.
One would be customizable like the Mandachord.

Being able to build several incubators in the ship would also be great.
And you could replace any of them with one of your default pets. Have 3 Sentinels or Kavats if you want 😛