Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva Lich Problems

Sparksmaster24

The Kuva Lich in warframe was an awesome and interesting update to play with, the whole system is interesting but I have a few problems with it.

The Grind:
Farm murmur to know which requiems you need, 50 kills per requiem for a total of 150 mercy kills on thralls
>
farm for requiem relics in kuva floods or from harvesting thralls
>
Requiem relics of which there are 4 have a chance of earning you one of 2 requiems upon opening, which relic you get appears to be RNG at this point, and which requiem you get from the relic is also a 50/50 split not including the chances to get other items from the relics, leading to potentially not getting the requiem needed after multiple openings

Once you've acquired the required requiems, you then need to find the combination in which they
in which they will prove lethal to the kuva lich, this is done through trial and error, a maximum of 2 runs which is fine especially since the frequency of Lich visits scales with the Lich's attitude

The Lich:
When the Kuva Lich was first announced, according to its name I thought it would have something to do with it dying over and over but continuously coming back. Storing it's life within the old blood to reform again, achieving immortality... But upon it's release, it seems that the only time the Kuva Lich dies, is once it's properly destroyed. I would of greatly preferred that once you have the unforgiving) chance of failing to damage the Kuva Lich any futher, you're Tenno would outright still kill the Lich, forcing it's return after resurrection and becoming stronger as a result of failure. So either way, the Kuva Lich dies with one of the outcomes being destruction, and the other resurrection (instead of the same WWE animation each time).

So even though the concept and arrival of the Lich is a very fun addition, I believe that the delivery could of been improved as accordance with the statements above. 

Edited by Sparksmaster24

7 hours ago, Sparksmaster24 said:

farm for requiem relics in kuva floods or from harvesting thralls

Start your Lich hunt with a relic farm. It is a slow start, but it will get significantly easier afterwards. In the beginning I had to do Kuva Siphons to get started, now I have more relics than I can spend just from Thrall kills.

Requiem relics of which there are 4 have a chance of earning you one of 2 requiems upon opening, which relic you get appears to be RNG at this point, and which requiem you get from the relic is also a 50/50 split not including the chances to get other items from the relics, leading to potentially not getting the requiem needed after multiple openings

Do a rad group run. Use Recruit Chat to find groups fast. Same story here - it will get much easier once you started doing those Lich hunts and collected more relics from Thralls.

Farm murmur to know which requiems you need, 50 kills per requiem for a total of 150 mercy kills on thralls

Do not just farm Murmurs, fight your Lichs and don't be afraid to take a blind guess. If you plan to try your Lich only after you revealed all 3 requiems, be ready for some solid 2-3 hours of grind. It is more advantageous to to attempt a blind killing blow. Not only will you get 10 Murmurs, you can also guess the right requiem and take a huge leap. The other advantage is, even if you fail, your Lich will lvl up and claim new nodes. With more nodes available, there are more chances to get a mission with more Thrall spawns or a mission type you like to play. Survival, Interception or Mobile Defense will have more Thralls than Exterminate and such; aim for a mission with high enemy densitiy.
I am on my 19th hunt right now. Once I killed my Lich on a 4th mission and ended my hunt after 15 minutes. It takes the longest if I do not get the opportunity to fight him and can only progress with Thralls.