Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

General weapons tennogen skins

Il y a 22 heures, led2012WF a dit :

short answwer: no

long answer: noooooooo 😄
complex and various reload animations for all types of guns makes this not possible 

Honestly, I don't understand what exactly prevent us from doing general weapon skins, we already have the Nusku/Perla pistol skins, Dryad bow skin and Hecaton shotgun skins which are all universal weapon skins.

Of course, custom reload animation and barrel position can cause some issue but the solution is quite simple :

• Allow a few existing reload animations as a base for the weapon skin, with boundary boxes for magazine size/position and barrel position.
  • When applying the skin on a weapon, it will override the default reload animation with the one selected from the skin.

They already did it for the few universal skins I listed above, so at least it's not impossible to implement in the game. Maybe it's hard but not impossible.

But since they are slowly expanding Tennogen (recently with more complexe melee weapons and chest armor), this could happen in the future, we don't know...

• Like 3

10 hours ago, lukinu_u said:

Honestly, I don't understand what exactly prevent us from doing general weapon skins, we already have the Nusku/Perla pistol skins, Dryad bow skin and Hecaton shotgun skins which are all universal weapon skins.

Of course, custom reload animation and barrel position can cause some issue but the solution is quite simple :

• Allow a few existing reload animations as a base for the weapon skin, with boundary boxes for magazine size/position and barrel position.
  • When applying the skin on a weapon, it will override the default reload animation with the one selected from the skin.

They already did it for the few universal skins I listed above, so at least it's not impossible to implement in the game. Maybe it's hard but not impossible.

But since they are slowly expanding Tennogen (recently with more complexe melee weapons and chest armor), this could happen in the future, we don't know...

I tried making a few skins for the Boar Prime, as I use it for fashion frame on my Harrow, but when I tried reload animations for it I just didn't have enough experience. Personally, I'd love to see some ignis Tennogen skins, but there's not a lot of people who put their time into weapon skins.

2 hours ago, (XB1)razberryX said:

Personally, I'd love to see some ignis Tennogen skins, but there's not a lot of people who put their time into weapon skins.

I'd love to make some shooty irons too, but there's just not much point in making one right now, considering it would be either simple retexture for very specific guns, or it flat out just wouldn't be accepted. It's like making skins for lisets - theoretically, spaceships are awesome, but ours are just loading screens, and who'd even buy them.

Edited by Vulbjorn

1 hour ago, Vulbjorn said:

I'd love to make some shooty irons too, but there's just not much point in making one right now, considering it would be either simple retexture for very specific guns, or it flat out just wouldn't be accepted. It's like making skins for lisets - theoretically, spaceships are awesome, but ours are just loading screens, and who'd even buy them.

I'd buy em, the whole point I bought the Valkyr Prime accessories when it first came out was for Liset Prime. If there was a tennogen Liset skin I'd buy that in a heartbeat.