Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

cpu issues since new update

mraz641

i used to run 60-70 frames without drops durring eidolon fights with 

intel g4560 3.5 2c/4t

r9 380 oc 1110 core, 1600 memory

dual channel ddr4 2133mhz 8gb ram

but since this update cpu usage almost always at 100% in open worlds and its bottlenecking r9 380.  framerates are as follows: poe 50-65 fps with lows in 20ies(feels like 1 fps) and its stuttering always, also when i enter orb vallis i get couple of freezes for the first 5-6 sec, with the same performance drop. i like the new update but now i cant play this game on high settings anymore and i feel like im playing  on 10 year old hardware. i also get freezes  at the start of a random mission if i am a host and other people are joining.  im playing warframe from a brand new ssd that i bought 5 months ago and i upgraded my ram to 2400 mhz dual channel. ssd has 100% health and doesnt make problems with other games.

3 minutes ago, White_Matter said:

My FPS started to tank alot more frequently after the latest update as well.

Coupled with one of the windows 10 1903 updates in october, I'm getting worse performance. 

I have I7-7700K oc'd to 4.9ghz. 

i use 1903 aswell. since you are the only one that said something i quess its got something to do with kaby lake, or 7th generation intel cpu.whatever the case, my brother with xeon processor that is 11 years old has higher and more stable frame rate then me, DE should look into this, or i just might stop playing because constant freezing of the screen is unbearable. y brother also uses 1903 so im quessing windows is not the problem

15 hours ago, mraz641 said:

i used to run 60-70 frames without drops durring eidolon fights with 

intel g4560 3.5 2c/4t

r9 380 oc 1110 core, 1600 memory

dual channel ddr4 2133mhz 8gb ram

but since this update cpu usage almost always at 100% in open worlds and its bottlenecking r9 380.  framerates are as follows: poe 50-65 fps with lows in 20ies(feels like 1 fps) and its stuttering always, also when i enter orb vallis i get couple of freezes for the first 5-6 sec, with the same performance drop. i like the new update but now i cant play this game on high settings anymore and i feel like im playing  on 10 year old hardware. i also get freezes  at the start of a random mission if i am a host and other people are joining.  im playing warframe from a brand new ssd that i bought 5 months ago and i upgraded my ram to 2400 mhz dual channel. ssd has 100% health and doesnt make problems with other games.

24 minutes ago, White_Matter said:

Coupled with one of the windows 10 1903 updates in october, I'm getting worse performance.

... Forget the update, your OS is slowing both of you down.

54 minutes ago, mraz641 said:

i use 1903 aswell. since you are the only one that said something i quess its got something to do with kaby lake, or 7th generation intel cpu.whatever the case, my brother with xeon processor that is 11 years old has higher and more stable frame rate then me, DE should look into this, or i just might stop playing because constant freezing of the screen is unbearable. y brother also uses 1903 so im quessing windows is not the problem

I actually upgraded to 1909 today. I'll do some testing and get back. 

18 hours ago, mraz641 said:

cpu usage almost always at 100% in open worlds

If high CPU usage is mostly from Warframe and for a few minutes after loading screen or start of Warframe, this is probably shader load and initialize. Shader cache should avoid this on repeated load to same location.
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1042658-high-cpu-load-at-the-beginning-of-orb-vallis-missions/
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1088029-massive-cpu-useage/

I would maybe like to see an in-game option to load and initialize every shaders used in Warframe.

More to add: Graphics driver updates may reset shader cache. This may happen to both Windows and Linux as both have to initialize graphics shaders. Fewer CPU cores may slow down the time needed to fully load all shaders.

Edited by sam686

4 hours ago, sam686 said:

If high CPU usage is mostly from Warframe and for a few minutes after loading screen or start of Warframe, this is probably shader load and initialize. Shader cache should avoid this on repeated load to same location.
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1042658-high-cpu-load-at-the-beginning-of-orb-vallis-missions/
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1088029-massive-cpu-useage/

I would maybe like to see an in-game option to load and initialize every shaders used in Warframe.

More to add: Graphics driver updates may reset shader cache. This may happen to both Windows and Linux as both have to initialize graphics shaders. Fewer CPU cores may slow down the time needed to fully load all shaders.

i use dual monitor setup with one monitor running on my integrated gpu, i always turn on gpuz, task manager and msi afterburner to monitor everything. cpu is almost 100% on warframe with  couple of % from windows proccesses(1-3%), i always turn off:daemon tools,torrent etc to give more breathing room for cpu.

similar issue here - Amd R5 1500X, radeon rx560, 16gb ram, win10 pro v1909

game freezes to load when i log in and a little while after returning to orbiter from completing missoin

during mission when ever a new player joins or lich appears my screen freeze for a while to load then continues as normal

was running fine for the 1st week of old blood no freeze issues but this week after the patch 26.0.6.1 it started

i used to see the lich vanquished/converted notification animation after lich kill before the patch too, now i dont

also due to this loading freeze i dont see the known requirement parazon unlocked that appears after returning to orbiter from murmur farm mission

Edited by Tayef

9 minutes ago, Tayef said:

also due to this loading freeze i dont see the known requirement parazon unlocked that appears after returning to orbiter from murmur farm mission

you can see the known requirement if you press esc while in orbiter and press red box next to nightwave, everything is there for liches. you should try to change global settings in your amd driver, find shader cache and change to amd optimized and there is also an option to reset shader cahce in glbal settings. also go to warframe tab in driver and change to amd optimized shader cache if it isnt ticked. now i have no stutter if i enter fortuna,vallis,plains... anywhere. everything is silk smooth

3 hours ago, mraz641 said:

you can see the known requirement if you press esc while in orbiter and press red box next to nightwave, everything is there for liches. you should try to change global settings in your amd driver, find shader cache and change to amd optimized and there is also an option to reset shader cahce in glbal settings. also go to warframe tab in driver and change to amd optimized shader cache if it isnt ticked. now i have no stutter if i enter fortuna,vallis,plains... anywhere. everything is silk smooth

sry i wasnt clear, yes i can see the parazon requirements in the kuva lich profile but i dont see the notification when i finish murmur collection for a parazon, it used to flash on top screen after i finished a mission. 

same thing with the notification that i have converted or vanquished a lich and the screen doesnt turn dark anymore, i have to go to codex to check if its done

4 minutes ago, Tayef said:

sry i wasnt clear, yes i can see the parazon requirements in the kuva lich profile but i dont see the notification when i finish murmur collection for a parazon, it used to flash on top screen after i finished a mission. 

same thing with the notification that i have converted or vanquished a lich and the screen doesnt turn dark anymore, i have to go to codex to check if its done

did you reset and optimize the cache?

46 minutes ago, mraz641 said:

did you reset and optimize the cache?

yes, i reset radeon global settings and set some to amd optimized, optimized cache for warframe, checked with the new optimized flip-model(experimental) on and then off

same thing the freeze issue persists, it started i think 2-3 days ago the game ran fine and smooth before that

Edited by Tayef

1 hour ago, Tayef said:

yes, i reset radeon global settings and set some to amd optimized, optimized cache for warframe, checked with the new optimized flip-model(experimental) on and then off

same thing the freeze issue persists, it started i think 2-3 days ago the game ran fine and smooth before that

reinstall the driver, update windows 10 if you didnt, verify files on warframe launcher, got to app data and delete shader files like the guy who pointed it out at the begining of the thread, if problem persist then you should send a message to support team

My game freeze for 1 second then unfreeze when I load any of these:
Warframes: Mesa, Garuda
Melee:  Cobra & Crane, Pathocyst

I guess there isn't really anything I can do but wait for more Warframe updates. I use Samsung SSD Evo 970, fast NVME storage. Ryzen 2400g, AMD Rx 580.

8 hours ago, Tayef said:

similar issue here - Amd R5 1500X, radeon rx560, 16gb ram, win10 pro v1909
game freezes to load when i log in and a little while after returning to orbiter from completing missoin

What storage do you have? Fast SSD, or a slow HDD?

What warframe and melee weapon you using? Might have the same problem of short freeze like I do with specific warframe or melee weapons.

If on slow HDD, might help to get faster SSD, preferably the speedy NVME SSD if motherboard have it. Nearly all AM4 motherboards have NVME slot.