Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Question: Is there any benefit in Allowing a Kuva Lich to become stronger?

(PSN)StarDustKillah

7 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

FWIW, you get a good chunk of Murmur progress on failed stabbings.

better than nothing I guess lol

I meant incentives more in the vein of like: "I'm going to fail this killing, so you can get stronger, so I can get x"

It seems like there isn't such a thing. If not... I guess I will be toying with my Lich for poots & giggles then lol

For some people, the missions starting with much tougher enemies gives them incentive, but in general, there is no major benefit.

When a Lich levels up, missions that you host when going after their thralls will be tougher.  When you see them again, they will be tougher.  Missions that they take resources from, they will take more.  They will have more areas that they take resources from and more influence missions.

It isn't too bad to let them level, but there is no major benefit or payoff.  If you can kill a lich on the first stab, or somewhere around the tenth stab, it is basically the exact same result.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

x = murmur

Isn't a murmur's only purpose is to help you figure out the correct order for the Requiem Mods to kill the Lich? Is there another use for murmurs that I'm unaware of?

B/c if not... I'm not sure how murmurs are "x". It's okay that if right now, there is no "x", but at some point in the future. There most definitely should be an "x", again them simply being stronger once you convert them is good enough imho

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, JHarlequin said:

For some people, the missions starting with much tougher enemies gives them incentive, but in general, there is no major benefit.

(")

... but there is no major benefit or payoff.  If you can kill a lich on the first stab, or somewhere around the tenth stab, it is basically the exact same result.

Okay, thank you for articulating this to me! I just wanted to get confirmation from someone who has experienced the new system. None of the youtubers/streamers I watch mentioned or even acknowledged this aspect of Liches

14 minutes ago, (PS4)StarDustKillah said:

Isn't a murmur's only purpose is to help you figure out the correct order for the Requiem Mods to kill the Lich? Is there another use for murmurs that I'm unaware of?

B/c if not... I'm not sure how murmurs are "x". It's okay that if right now, there is no "x", but at some point in the future. There most definitely should be an "x", again them simply being stronger once you convert them is good enough imho

ok, fine... Let me complete what I meant before...

x = murmurs to find which mods are for the respective Lich

y = kuva weapon that the Lich has

z = level of enjoyment/hatred towards the system (depends if you're the average player or someone who like to bang with their heads against a steel container until the container breaks)

I enjoy fighting the Lich on Melee though... Its a lot better than simply hitting the button repeatedly, for the same combo, to split enemies in half. But its like someone mentioned already, there's no major benefit other than self-gratification for a good fight... Result being dependent on Requiem Mods, but still a good fight.

Edited by Uhkretor

You are simply faster on average due to the extra murmur and the free mod test. I´d say there isn´t a reason to not use your parazon on your lich unless you can´t handle the increased mission difficulty.

Edited by Arcira

4 minutes ago, Arcira said:

You are simply faster on average due to the extra murmur and the free mod test. I´d say there isn´t a reason to not use your parazon on your lich unless you can´t handle the increased mission difficulty.

I don't think it's the "should i stab lich or nah" kind of thread, but more like "is there any reason to level liches when i know all murmurs and it's right order".

So there is none.

10 hours ago, Arcira said:

You are simply faster on average due to the extra murmur

That's cancelled out by the murmur farm being a bit slower with higher level enemies. It's not even a guaranteed 10 per failure, it's RNG up to ten. There are times when stabbing them is advantageous, there are times leaving them is better, depending on your murmur progress and how much of the order you know.

But to confirm, there is no benefit to a higher level lich yet.

It seems like a major oversight. I personally enjoy the level 5 Liches the most since its the only point where they become remotely dangerous but it doesn't really justifiy the Lich getting stronger if you don't get anything out of it.

Be it better rolls on the weapon. I would say polarities but thats kidna useless as you still need to Forma them 5 times for the mastery anyway. Be it a resource like Kuva which is rewarded upon vanquish/convert the more the higher the Liches level is.

It generally is a bit awkward. Since the lIch levelling is sometihng that just happens essentially. You are rewarded by trying to stab him without knowing the combination. It is something you should do but there is a distinct lack of interaction with the levelling mechanic. The problem is furthered by people being able to circumvent the Lich levelling to some degree by just leaving it be, which also causes conflict in public missions where everyone wants a shot at their lich but only one can be active at a time and so on.

It is a semi-optiional emchanic with no benefits or real meaning and gives me even mroe reason to believe that the Kuva Lich system is incredibly rushed and unfinished.

Nope - maybe something for conversion, but as far as I'm concerned, I'm hunting weapons.  The only thing leveling my lich does is make my life harder.  A crap elemental % weapon stays crap, so I'd rather the lich stay level 1 until I've got 2/3 murmurs unlocked so I can start testing requiems.  That way I can clear the lich and go for a roll at another weapon/better % faster. 

benefit is higher lvl missions which i and others have been asking for. i detest playing ceres at its current level but i love when lich has controll on it because now i get to play the tileset i like without it being boring.

people who are not strong enough to fight higher lvl enemies should not take part in the system. im not saying its perfect or that they shouldnt add more incentive but what i see is people expecting to fight high level content at low lvl.

Edit: a level 5 lich's rage doesnt reset which means they spawn more often.

Edited by EinheriarJudith
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, EinheriarJudith said:

benefit is higher lvl missions which i and others have been asking for.

I loved fighting my rank 5 lich on Lua, the large tiles made for interesting battle. Not so much in tight tilesets against a tonkor, where I got one-shot coming around a corner. I, too, would love higher level versions of starchart, but without extra reward it'll get old quick.