Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is with people spamming abilities/glyphs in your face while vanquishing/converting your lich

Mieu

Its funny. We get few times to joke around in warframe and photibombing lich kill cams ia hilarious. If it matters that much to you, do your lich kill solo i guess? Is seeing an animation youll get pleeenty of times to see that big of a deal?

I doubt anyone is intending it to be malicious. Dunno how it can be.

Edited by Annnoth
  • Like 2

Well for one, its warframe and people always spam abilities,  2 I have done alot of lichs now on my pc account and seen alot of others kill/convert theirs as well I havn't seen the glyph thing at all.  Also it doesn't seem like it would matter much if it did happen.

Edit I did have something like this happen today. But even then it was just a Banshee dancing in front of me while killing the Lich not really a big deal.

Edited by (PS4)Eluminary

2 minutes ago, Annnoth said:

Its funny. We get few times to joke around in warframe and photibombing lich kill cams ia hilarious. If it matters that much to you, do your lich kill solo i guess?

I doubt anyone is intending it to be malicious. Dunno how it can be.

It matters alot when vaubans photon strike makes my fps tank

Edited by Mieu

2 minutes ago, Mieu said:

It matters alot when vaubans photon strike makes my fps tank

Thats a completely different story about warframes arguably excessive partles and/or your pc. No one knows your pc specs and unless it actually causes crashes does it matter if the scene runs at a low fps? You just sit there and hold 1 button. If they are spamming you would barely be able to see it ti begin with.

Edited by Annnoth
  • Like 3

To make my first Lich encounter feel special, I did the entire process solo, from spawning all the way to defeating them (I converted mine to commemorate this event).

If this is your first Lich, perhaps you should do your next one solo to experience the moment without disruption.

13 minutes ago, SordidDreams said:

They just do the natural human thing, try to make other human beings as miserable as possible, even if "as possible" is something really minor and inconsequential like this. This is why co-op games need to be designed extremely carefully to prevent even the smallest such possibility.

Basically its like the return of the overwatch `cut scene camera` gags and the same where people did similar things at the end of phase 2 of the old law of retribution raid where people could pull off some meme-like gags by throwing various particle effects, weapon effects and gylphs at the end of that transport section while a player`s landing craft picks up the core.

The misanthropics will say its malice of human nature.

The positivists will say its people having fun.

Common sense will say its people being people.

Me? I think because they think its funny. You should roll your eyes, maybe get a chuckle and move on.

Just look at this image. Warning: its pure toxicity of the Warframe community. Not for the faint of heart.

Spoiler

dvbGZkd

Edited by Kaotyke
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

The misanthropics will say its malice of human nature.

The positivists will say its people having fun.

Common sense will say its people being people.

Me? I think because they think its funny. You should roll your eyes, maybe get a chuckle and move on.

Just look at this image. Warning: its pure toxicity of the Warframe community. Not for the faint of heart.

Reveal hidden contents

dvbGZkd

Wouldn't malice in human nature be people being people? 

36 minutes ago, (XB1)Demon Intellect said:

Wouldn't malice in human nature be people being people? 

There is a difference actually.

"People being people" has a dismissive tone, could be taken as people as they are because of "whatever", doing something because "they are bored" or that "they are trying to be funny" or "just because". Not outright malice. Just like when we dont think when we put a joke in the middle of a normal conversation because the opportunity appeared. I had and have done that sometimes as Vauban by putting Bounce pads around the Extraction. I didnt think about it, I was just making my team bounce in place while we waited the last guy to arrive. It wasnt done with malice.

Being malicious is trying to ruin another's person's moment with the explicid intention of doing so. It has a purpose. That being: making the other person miserable as a goal.