Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mieu

What is with people spamming abilities/glyphs in your face while vanquishing/converting your lich

Take it as their way to show their anger for you stopping the thrall spawn for the rest of the mission once you downed your lich. The whole 'decide their fate' thing lasts like 5 seconds anyway (it should already be decided from the moment you see them), so there's not much they can do in that time.

All these people complaining "oh it slows my mission" "oh im not seeing colors" when i like seeing what some one does to their lich and seeing them kill it.

All you people spaming grow up you can go ten seconds with out the screen being a blinding nightmare of effects.

1 hour ago, Kaotyke said:

There is a difference actually.

"People being people" has a dismissive tone, could be taken as people as they are because of "whatever", doing something because "they are bored" or that "they are trying to be funny" or "just because". Not outright malice. Just like when we dont think when we put a joke in the middle of a normal conversation because the opportunity appeared. I had and have done that sometimes as Vauban by putting Bounce pads around the Extraction. I didnt think about it, I was just making my team bounce in place while we waited the last guy to arrive. It wasnt done with malice.

Being malicious is trying to ruin another's person's moment with the explicid intention of doing so. It has a purpose. That being: making the other person miserable as a goal.

That is the intent of trolls, which are rampant in any online media. I'm a cynic myself so I dont neccesarily believe people are bad, just that they are only motivated by things that benefit them in some way, even if it isnt immediate.