Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are we just supposed to trust that we're getting all our "stolen stuff back?

notlamprey

I'm honestly shocked that it wasn't the first thing to cross my mind when we started hearing about the idea of Liches "stealing" stuff. How on earth can we be sure our account manifest is being properly adjusted once we dispose of these Liches?

I ask because we are talking about a game and a company that have had some... let's call them transparency oopsie-daisies, dating all the way back to the days of Latron Prime's initial availability. 

We've been told that various apparent discrepancies are just UI bugs, and to submit a ticket, and any number of other things but... are we really not given any kind of system in the game itself that we can use to track the various things our Liches have swiped?

At the end of the day, the discussion itself is mostly redundant because ultimately we either trust DE or we don't. I just hadn't really seen much in the way of discussion on this question and I'm surprised that I haven't, because myself and the friends of mine who are engaging this Lich system a little more fervently are starting to encounter some weirdness in the way of missing and potentially "eaten" items. 

A sculpture here, a weapon blueprint there and it would all eventually add up to quite a pile if the game was somehow accidentally (or "not accidentally") just letting some of our stuff fall behind the metaphorical fridge.

DE's trustworthiness has taken enough hits in my mind that I would like to see some attempt to surface this little "stolen items" ledger for the players to see in game.

• Like 3

Ok, this is just silly. All your stuff sits on their servers. It's in their game. They control everything, from the drop rates to crafting costs to the chance of an enemy spawning. Why would they invent a whole elaborate system like the Liches just to nick your stuff?

Edited by schilds
  • Like 4

Just now, schilds said:

Ok, this is just silly. All your stuff sits on their servers. It's in their game. They control everything, from the drop rates to crafting costs to the chance of an enemy spawning. Why would they invent a whole system just to nick your stuff?

Cos conspiracies are fun.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, schilds said:

Ok, this is just silly. All your stuff sits on their servers.

Not if when it is "robbed" it is simply deleted.  And even if it is meant to be saved, that is not to say there couldnt be bugs - I'm sure you can admit Warframe has been known to have one or two.

2 minutes ago, schilds said:

Why would they invent a whole system just to nick your stuff?

If you want a serious answer: To get people to play more. Its  farming game. you farm some stuff you need and it vanishes - what do you have to do? farm more -or buy it from the market to replace it. Either would be a win for DE. (although I'm not saying this is their actual intent).

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Send a support ticket.

it's a good thing nobody was asleep where i live at the time i read this, or i would've woken them up from my laughing.

3 minutes ago, (XB1)Tucker D Dawg said:

Not if when it is "robbed" it is simply deleted.  And even if it is meant to be saved, that is not to say there couldnt be bugs - I'm sure you can admit Warframe has been known to have one or two.

so then, what's different from when you complete a Mission normally then? how do you know you actually got those items, then. it's the same deal.
so either you assume the game is always stealing items from you, or you don't always assume that.

Edited by taiiat
  • Like 1

While it is not outside the realm of possibility that they aren't tracking everything correctly, it's probably pretty unlikely that things are going just going missing.

That said there was a pretty serious scare involving Ephemera but apparently that was just a bug with the loot being reported in the mission breakdown screen and the Ephemera in question was in point of fact actually making it back to the account unharmed.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, taiiat said:

so then, what's different from when you complete a Mission normally then? how do you know you actually got those items, then. it's the same deal.
so either you assume the game is always stealing items from you, or you don't always assume that.

I don't assume that - in fact have evidence that I DONT actually always get full mission rewards as a result of bugs in the game.  Everything from missing regular resources, special drops (like from the alcolytes), other "special" pickups where it is flashed in the corner, missing relic rewards, failure to register relic equipped... need I go on?

Of course posting the bugs here or opening tickets never accomplishes much other than some kind of panacea feel-like-you-did-something-about-it.

• Like 1

Just now, Oreades said:

While it is not outside the realm of possibility that they aren't tracking everything correctly, it's probably pretty unlikely that things are going just going missing.

That said there was a pretty serious scare involving Ephemera but apparently that was just a bug with the loot being reported in the mission breakdown screen and the Ephemera in question was in point of fact actually making it back to the account unharmed.  

On that note I can confirm a smoking ephemera was returned to me when I killed one of my lich's.

Heck, if DE set up an event that required half of every player's resources, lots of players would go right ahead with it.

30M creds? 20k oxium? 100k cryotic? 200k endo? 1M kuva? 1K vitus? Yeah, no problem.

If the goal is to reduce the amount of stuff hoarded by players, they don't need to sneak around doing it.

Edited by schilds

So instead of just honestly modifying drop rates or sources or whatever, which they have full control over, they introduce a system which promises to give back stolen loot, and then lie to players and not return some of that loot? Even though, if it's worthwhile loot, a player will be actively looking out for its return when they kill a Lich, and this is the age of the Internet where everyone knows you can't cover anything up? OK lol.

Every drop and action has to go through DE's servers and they generate logs from those activities, so if an item appears to drop and then never shows up on DE's servers, it's kinda more accurate to say that rather than DE losing the item, your system misreported a drop that doesn't actually exist. And joining a mission requires connection to the servers, so if you manage to do that and then lose items then more likely than not, you just have shoddy internet.

Lying to the community about missing loot would generate much more player anger than just modifying drop rates and telling people outright. On top of that, having an item drop then watching it be taken off them permanently won't make people want to play the game more. That sounds like an incredibly effective way to kill your game as quickly as possible.

3 minutes ago, schilds said:

Heck, if DE set up an event that required half of every player's resources, lots of players would go right ahead with it.

30M creds? 20k oxium? 100k cryotic? Yeah, no problem.

If the goal is to reduce the amount of stuff hoarded by players, they don't need to sneak around doing it.

I think half might be a wee bit higher than those amounts lol 😄

• Like 1

I mean srsly tho if we want to talk conspiracy...... 

How about the fact that DE has convinced so many people that getting the loot that they would have received anyhow had they not had an active Lich back from said Lich. Like collecting some sort of zero interest loan.... is actually a reward. 

It's like having your parents steal your stuff, wrapping it up and returning it to you as a christmas/birthday present.... 

If anything I give Kudos to DE for getting people to swallow that.

2 minutes ago, Oreades said:

If anything I give Kudos to DE for getting people to swallow that.

ikr? The players are willing participants in the conspiracy, what's up with that? It's almost as if this is a game, and we're playing in some kind of shared illusion :-P.

Edited by schilds

12 minutes ago, schilds said:

Per player?

uh - i have 450m credits 450k cryo and 324k oxium - so yeah - per player.

and actually what I would like is for them to have new content actually consume some of these existing resources rather than constantly adding new crap.  I mean wtf am I supposed to do with 1.6m polymer bundles, or 40m nano spores. and its not hoarding if I quite literally can't get rid of it

Edited by (XB1)Tucker D Dawg
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, schilds said:

ikr? The players are willing participants in the conspiracy, what's up with that? It's almost as if this is a game, and we're playing in some kind of shared illusion :-P.

Sooo suspension of disbelief makes the whole literally not getting a reward better....

But wait you say, you get the RNG weapon with t he RNG elemental damage that you can RNG grind your face into a wall to maybe? have a shot at improving? all shackled to the Paracesis mechanic where you don't get your mastery until you pump 5 Forma into it and level it to something probably pretty close to lvl60** No.... I really don't count that as a "reward" as it stands. 

** Keep in mind we aren't just leveling it to 40, we're leveling it to 30 and beyond 5 times. So that's gonna be significantly more than it would take to get to 40. and I'm actually kinda curious now what level it would actually be if we followed their projected XP curve to 30 and then extrapolated out, just what level we're actually grinding these to because it ain't 40. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, (XB1)Tucker D Dawg said:

uh - i have 450m credits 450k cryo and 324k oxium - so yeah - per player.

and actually what I would like is for them to have new content actually consume some of these existing resources rather than constantly adding new crap.  I mean wtf am I supposed to do with 1.6m polymer bundles, or 40m nano spores. and its not hoarding if I quite literally can't get rid of it

I don't think most players have that much. I said per player for the entire player base. In that case my estimate is likely too high for most people :-P.