Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ivara Shooting Wrong Arrows

SpringRocker

I don't know if this was an issue before, but sometimes when using artemis's secondary fire it shoots the wrong arrow (one that's not selected).

It seems to be caused by switching arrows after equipping Artemis. I can have sleep arrows selected, fire sleeps arrows using the #1 ability, but if I use Artemis secondary fire it shoots something else; like noise arrows. It's not just with sleep arrows, I've had dashwire arrows selected before and Artemis shoots sleep arrows instead.

It's kind of weird, I might take a closer look later.

EDIT:

We found the bug and how to replicate it:

1. Cast Artemis.
  2. Swap to secondary.
  3. Switch arrow types.
  4. Swap back to Artemis.
  5. Use secondary fire.

The arrow you had selected previously when swapping weapons will fire instead of the currently selected arrow. This also happens when swapping from Artemis to melee or another gear equip (like the scanner). This fixes itself when recasting Artemis or cycling back to the arrow selected previously (a which point will start behaving correctly again).

Edited by SpringRocker
Found how to replicate bug, editting post to display process at the front.

13 hours ago, SpringRocker said:

I don't know if this was an issue before, but sometimes when using artemis's secondary fire it shoots the wrong arrow (one that's not selected).

It seems to be caused by switching arrows after equipping Artemis. I can have sleep arrows selected, fire sleeps arrows using the #1 ability, but if I use Artemis secondary fire it shoots something else; like noise arrows. It's not just with sleep arrows, I've had dashwire arrows selected before and Artemis shoots sleep arrows instead.

It's kind of weird, I might take a closer look later.

I haven't experienced that type of bug yet with Artemis Bow, but I'll try to experiment more to see if I can replicate it. By any chance, were you playing as client in multiplayer?

7 hours ago, BlindStalker said:

I haven't experienced that type of bug yet with Artemis Bow, but I'll try to experiment more to see if I can replicate it. By any chance, were you playing as client in multiplayer?

I can't remember, I'm going to keep an eye out to get more details and try to figure out how it happened.

EDIT: Haven't had much time to figure it out yet, but had another game where it happened again:

• Started game.
  • Artemis out.
  • Spent multiple attempts switching arrows and quickly using secondary fire, no bug.
  • No other players joined yet.

Later on:

• Other people joined 4/4 players in game (I'm host).
  • Capture objective completed.
  • Touched evac zone.
  • Decided to try again to see If I could make the bug happen again.
  • Quickly switched arrows from sleep to zipline.
  • Quickly did secondary fire on Artemis fired sleep arrow instead of zipline.
  • Used 1# ability to shoot arrow; fired zipline.
  • Fired arrow using secondary on Artemis again, still firing sleep arrows.

I know it's pretty basic and many things could have happened during the mission. I just wanted to note that the bug did occur while I was host. I'll see if I can find the exact steps later.

Edited by SpringRocker
Update

On 2019-11-13 at 3:13 PM, SpringRocker said:

I can't remember, I'm going to keep an eye out to get more details and try to figure out how it happened.

EDIT: Haven't had much time to figure it out yet, but had another game where it happened again:

• Started game.
  • Artemis out.
  • Spent multiple attempts switching arrows and quickly using secondary fire, no bug.
  • No other players joined yet.

Later on:

• Other people joined 4/4 players in game (I'm host).
  • Capture objective completed.
  • Touched evac zone.
  • Decided to try again to see If I could make the bug happen again.
  • Quickly switched arrows from sleep to zipline.
  • Quickly did secondary fire on Artemis fired sleep arrow instead of zipline.
  • Used 1# ability to shoot arrow; fired zipline.
  • Fired arrow using secondary on Artemis again, still firing sleep arrows.

I know it's pretty basic and many things could have happened during the mission. I just wanted to note that the bug did occur while I was host. I'll see if I can find the exact steps later.

Interesting. I'm wondering if it might be due to touching the evac zone. I have no reason to believe it was that specifically, and I'm just going on a wild guess. Want to do a controlled test in-game to see if we can replicate the bug? Feel free to message me in-game.

I wasn't able to replicate the bug on my own, I usually play a lot of solo and was able to get Artemis Bow's alt-fire to function normally firing the current selected quiver arrow. So I'd be willing to test with another Ivara player (perhaps I can't replicate it while playing solo, but it might be possible in multi-player).

Edited by BlindStalker

On 2019-11-15 at 1:16 PM, BlindStalker said:

Interesting. I'm wondering if it might be due to touching the evac zone. I have no reason to believe it was that specifically, and I'm just going on a wild guess. Want to do a controlled test in-game to see if we can replicate the bug? Feel free to message me in-game.

I wasn't able to replicate the bug on my own, I usually play a lot of solo and was able to get Artemis Bow's alt-fire to function normally firing the current selected quiver arrow. So I'd be willing to test with another Ivara player (perhaps I can't replicate it while playing solo, but it might be possible in multi-player).

Sounds good, I'll be free to give it a try this coming week.

We found the bug and how to replicate it:

1. Cast Artemis.
  2. Swap to secondary.
  3. Switch arrow types.
  4. Swap back to Artemis.
  5. Use secondary fire.

The arrow you had selected previously when swapping weapons will fire instead of the currently selected arrow. This also happens when swapping from Artemis to melee or another gear equip (like the scanner). This fixes itself when recasting Artemis or cycling back to the arrow selected previously (a which point will start behaving correctly again).