Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

(PS4)KyomaSatomi

Arbitration

Question

I'm almost done with the starchart, which means I'm soon to unlock Arbitrations.

Because of that, I'd like to ask for advice how to deal with that mode.

(I'm personally not really interested in the mode itself, I rather want the rewards)

9 minutes ago, (PS4)KyomaSatomi said:

I do agree with you that I don't feel ready yet - I still have 2 nodes left to clear - and I still have my issues with other high level content. If you have read my comments, maybe you also get an idea on some other views I have. I got quite the heat for my view on builds and people telling me that my way of going about this is limiting me.

But all in all, I'm MR19 with almost 900 hours, but I still feel like I have only scratched the surface in certain aspects.

I wouldn't worry too much about other opinions on builds but you will find that some frames have very clear strengths and with Nova as an example, the current META method farming involves using Nova with minimum power strength and Power Donation aura decreasing it even further to speed up enemies getting to you, dying and ultimately, spawning faster for more efficient farming. That's just one example of how a build you may disagree on at a personal level, is actually really effective. 900 hours isn't that much in this game, I only have 3000 hours myself and I know plenty of people with a lot more. There's a lot of stuff you can tinker with in this game once you have all mods, frames, weaponry etc to choose from. At MR 19 you really should have more durable frames to choose from by now though and I agree entirely on the consensus that Arbitrations are better played with an appropriate frame and setup.

My best advice - get wukong (it doesn't matter the prime or the normal one), a good melee and a good gun for ur clone.
Congratulations you now can do arbitrations with ease.

1 hour ago, MPonder said:

If he is new and never done arbies these things are not a concern imo.
And even if people have those frames and builds, it doesn't matter if they are trash. I have been with a lot of randoms lately with the totem appearing as soon as I(or someone else) revives them...
It's better if he survives and doesn't become a burden.

On 2019-11-13 at 7:50 PM, (PS4)KyomaSatomi said:

My biggest concern right now are builds. I wonder if they'll hold up or if I will end up dragging down the whole team.

On 2019-11-13 at 9:08 PM, (PS4)KyomaSatomi said:

I have a very particular way to build my frames - and one that goes against what seasoned players would recommend.

3 hours ago, (PS4)KyomaSatomi said:

At this point, I'm pretty much left to figure out builds on my own, especially since I rarely find pro builds appealing to me.

11 minutes ago, (PS4)KyomaSatomi said:

With builds, my approach is simple: I look which stats are affecting the most of my abilities (like duration on Trinity) and make this the core of my build. Stats that I don't need stay at 100.

I don't understand you. I feel like you know the problem is builds / how to use them, but you seem to not want to change them / use what others suggest. So what's the point of this thread then? Because whenever someone asks "how do I do <something>", it's basically always about changing a build and/or playstyle to get something done.

2 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

I only have 3000 hours myself and I know plenty of people with a lot more.

Just a few 😅
0482cf4a726e8d1d69e71e3a07e28b46.png

2 minutes ago, -AxHx-Vile said:

Just a few 😅

I had a clan member who used to sit in the dojo afk while doing things irl. He clocked his hours up past 10k lol. I think my Steam hours is a bit higher than my ingame, 4500 hours or something.

vor 4 Minuten schrieb -AxHx-Vile:

I don't understand you. I feel like you know the problem is builds / how to use them, but you seem to not want to change them / use what others suggest. So what's the point of this thread then? Because whenever someone asks "how do I do <something>", it's basically always about changing a build and/or playstyle to get something done.

There is one particular issue and at this point, I'm afraid to talk about it openly. Because I know that a lot of people will jump on me for this. (but maybe we can talk in DM)

vor 1 Minute schrieb -AxHx-Vile:

Just a few 😅

vor 1 Minute schrieb -AxHx-Vile:

I only have 3000 hours myself

Now I feel even more like  the noob I apperantly am.

Just now, (PS4)KyomaSatomi said:

There is one particular issue and at this point, I'm afraid to talk about it openly.

Eh that's odd but sure, DM me.

3 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

I had a clan member who used to sit in the dojo afk while doing things irl. He clocked his hours up past 10k lol. I think my Steam hours is a bit higher than my ingame, 4500 hours or something.

Well...the ingame counter on the profile is just in missions...but I tend to count the one on Steam since I've spent so much time helping friends through chat etc instead of just being afk lol

Just now, -AxHx-Vile said:

Well...the ingame counter on the profile is just in missions...but I tend to count the one on Steam since I've spent so much time helping friends through chat etc instead of just being afk lol

Yeh that makes sense.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)KyomaSatomi said:

Now I feel even more like  the noob I apperantly am.

Mate it just means you have more to explore than we do. Think of it as counting down the hours until you're bored as hell lol.

1 minute ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Mate it just means you have more to explore than we do. Think of it as counting down the hours until you're bored as hell lol.

Lol I second this...I kind of miss the time when there was still so much to explore and discover and be blown away by.

stack EHP.

thereygo. that's the entire Gamemode. forcing Players to all do one thing to make DiVeRsItY

vor 14 Minuten schrieb -CdG-Zilchy:

I wouldn't worry too much about other opinions on builds

At this point, I don't really wanna talk about builds anymore as it always ends the same way. In the end, it always runs in circles, frustrating anyone involved; and making me sad even thinking about the topic.

At this point, I'm pretty much left to figure out builds on my own, especially since I rarely find pro builds appealing to me.

Treat every drone like an existential threat. Bring a high-damage weapon with some degree of AoE, like an Arca Plasmor, Astilla, catchmoon, or Tigris; in a pinch anything with less than perfect accuracy that throws a lot of bullets will work.

Any frame will work if you keep moving. Your first go should probably still be an Inaros/Rhino/Chroma, but I mostly join arbitrations 'cause the boosted frame looks like it'd be fun.  Relatedly, get used to working with a sprint speed of 4.0 or higher, if two people bring a boosted speed buff you're in for the ride of your life.

If you're not a tank frame, bring a sentinel.  You can't protect a pet every moment of the mission, and they will die fast if they're not tanky.

Consider bringing Vazarin.  Yes, the fast revives are useless. But the invulnerability & healing help more than you'd think. 

Damage abilities are there to detect drones. See enemies on your radar, but don't see damage numbers? There's a drone.

Multiple slowvas don't stack. However, slowva stacks with Equinox, Valkyr, or other frames nobody uses for the slow, potentially reducing enemy speed by 95%. With Equinox, this is on top of reducing damage they deal by 80%.  With him & Nova, at the center of your aura, enemies will deal 1/400th their usual DPS. It doubles as a drone detector, because anything you can see moving is immune to CC.

Also, never do defense missions for anything but lulz. They take forever. Survival is less bad but still not great. Excavation & disruption will get your rewards much faster.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)KyomaSatomi said:

EHP?

Effective Health. whether that be Damage Reduction in some form, or increasing raw values, the Gamemode is just about sticking as much of that together at once as possible.

vor einer Stunde schrieb MPonder:

Btw, Frost and Limbo out of question too?

Haven't played Frost in a while. Limbo is nice tho I fear he might be a bit squishy too. But I know what his cataclysm + stasis is worth (tho last time I brought him in a mission I got yelled at to stop putting down bubbles on the cryopod)

vor 5 Stunden schrieb (PS4)theMycon:

You have 5% DR for each null star orbiting you, maxing at 90% (that is, when you have 18 or more)

I have 11-12 stars around my frame with all duration mods I could find.

1 hour ago, (PS4)KyomaSatomi said:

If the DR on her would be so effective, I wouldn't get downed with her so often. THat's why I barely use her outside interception.

It's very effective...get one of the augments so it'll get refreshed through her ult or the other one so you can recast it.

20 minutes ago, (PS4)KyomaSatomi said:

EHP?

Effective HP. 

Every 300 armor is your life bar in HP over again (so 1000 HP at 300 armor is 2K EHP, at 600 armor it's 3K, etc). Shields effectively have 0 armor, and should just be considered the amount they are. Yes they regenerate, but burst damage is the scary thing here & someone will bring health regeneration 9 times out of 10.

Frames with a damage reduction ability (that works on the frame, not the enemies, or every drone'd foe will ignore it) can multiply that value by their DR, so 3K EHP with 95% DR is 60K HP while the ability's up.

Auto-revive abilities (like Wukong & Nidus's passives, or Oberon's Phoenix Renewal augment) do work, and more than double your EHP.

Quick Thinking will turn your energy into 2.4 x  armor multiplier effective health.

A lot of people love adaptation (an arbitration reward), but it takes getting hit to get it started so it's only usable on frames that are already tanky.

I feel the best defenses are mobility & a good offense, if you can kill enemies before they can hurt you you'll be fine in mag.

There's no denying two things:

• The high enemy levels and death mechanic (requiring 5 shards that debuff the holder from drones to revive) does shift the balance towards tanks.
  • The drone mechanic (may be hard to target and convey invulnerability to nearby enemies) does shift the balance against using abilities that affect enemies.

Hence all the suggestions for wukong, rhino, inaros, etc.

Maybe follow the tank + catchmoon (it still works, just shorter range :-P) + melee advice short term to give you time to work things out, but long term don't fall into that trap. Find ways to make other builds work and you'll find the mode a lot more engaging. Generally you should be taking in builds that are suited to the objective, just like in any other mission. CC for interception, Defensive/CC for excavation, Healing/DPS for defence, high single target dps for disruption, looter/dps for survival, healing/dps for defection, looter/dps for salvage.

41 minutes ago, (PS4)KyomaSatomi said:

My biggest concern right now are builds.

[...]

I often had problems when facing enemies above level 60.

You're gonna hafta choose your arbitrations carefully, then. Infested should be doable, since not many have armor or ranged attacks.  You can just mark/run from ancients, which is not ideal but better than dying pointlessly.  Corpus, it depends on how much trouble they give your play style; but try using your operator to deal with nullifiers (or at least their bubbles) and hiding from Bursas if you want to give it a go. Grineer will all be invincible gods of death to you.  

Consider waiting until the buffed frame is a tanky one you're used to using, too.