Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arbitration

(PSN)KyomaSatomi

Question

Just make sure you have survivability and some AoE damage to knock down the flying drones. Even vets end up dying because they did not pay attention for a split second.

"Dying" as in no respawns, unless your team are there to pick you up via arbi orange shards. (They need 5 to revive you)

32 minutes ago, (PS4)KyomaSatomi said:

I'm almost done with the starchart, which means I'm soon to unlock Arbitrations.

Because of that, I'd like to ask for advice how to deal with that mode.

(I'm personally not really interested in the mode itself, I rather want the rewards)

Survival -> Waste of time to do, 5 mins for a rewards and it is not like everybody group so you don't have to guess where essences are.

Defense -> Another waste of time depending on team comp. Most of the time, it is a waste of time, no speedy nova, no Saryn, no Mesa, just 3 "Inaros" on the team, because can't build other warframes to survive.

Excavation -> Could not be a waste of time, but you keep getting retards playing Inaros, Rhino, Wukongs, etc. If you can get Frost/Limbos party, and maybe Khora or Gara on Infested, it is good.

Interception -> If you can bring a slow nova, might be good, but I think it is another waste of time.

Disruption -> Good to do, you just need another guy doing its job. It is not so boring.

Other two that I forgot the name I don't even waste my time on them.

Anything that takes 5+ mins to get a rewards = waste of time.

Edit: The rewards you probably can check on wikia. Best of them for me are Vitus Essence to trade for archgun rivens, Adaptation Mod and Vigorous Swap Mod. Arcanes I didn't find any use for them for now with what I play.

Edited by MPonder

I cheese them with Ivara... Rejuvination aura, (energy siphon doesn't work when you're in prowl, so pointless) redirection/vitality/vigor maxed. Low rank flow for energy cushion in those spells where energy orbs get randomly scarce, then make prowl cheap as you can.

Used to be I took fulmin and spira prime but now that we have weapon exilus I find silencer with your favorite primary/secondaries makes her pretty much unkillable

As for arcanes, I favor arcane momentum and arcane strike because I use a sniper primary and I use melee quite a bit but you may want radiation/toxin protection.

The reason I do this is because I am only concerned with staying alive as long as possible and for some reason in arbis, you get a lot of try-hards like in Eidolon tricap who are only concerned about themselves and have forgotten that they were once new.

vor 6 Minuten schrieb UrKungFuNoGood:

I cheese them with Ivara... Rejuvination aura, (energy siphon doesn't work when you're in prowl, so pointless) redirection/vitality/vigor maxed. Low rank flow for energy cushion in those spells where energy orbs get randomly scarce, then make prowl cheap as you can.

Used to be I took fulmin and spira prime but now that we have weapon exilus I find silencer with your favorite primary/secondaries makes her pretty much unkillable

As for arcanes, I favor arcane momentum and arcane strike because I use a sniper primary and I use melee quite a bit but you may want radiation/toxin protection.

The reason I do this is because I am only concerned with staying alive as long as possible and for some reason in arbis, you get a lot of try-hards like in Eidolon tricap who are only concerned about themselves and have forgotten that they were once new.

I don't have that many primed mods yet, and the ones I have a largely unranked because I don't have that many credits atm. And I only have the arcanes that I got from Nightwave.

My best advice - get wukong (it doesn't matter the prime or the normal one), a good melee and a good gun for ur clone.
Congratulations you now can do arbitrations with ease.

1 hour ago, MPonder said:

If he is new and never done arbies these things are not a concern imo.
And even if people have those frames and builds, it doesn't matter if they are trash. I have been with a lot of randoms lately with the totem appearing as soon as I(or someone else) revives them...
It's better if he survives and doesn't become a burden.

Edited by vegetosayajin

Treat every drone like an existential threat. Bring a high-damage weapon with some degree of AoE, like an Arca Plasmor, Astilla, catchmoon, or Tigris; in a pinch anything with less than perfect accuracy that throws a lot of bullets will work.

Any frame will work if you keep moving. Your first go should probably still be an Inaros/Rhino/Chroma, but I mostly join arbitrations 'cause the boosted frame looks like it'd be fun.  Relatedly, get used to working with a sprint speed of 4.0 or higher, if two people bring a boosted speed buff you're in for the ride of your life.

If you're not a tank frame, bring a sentinel.  You can't protect a pet every moment of the mission, and they will die fast if they're not tanky.

Consider bringing Vazarin.  Yes, the fast revives are useless. But the invulnerability & healing help more than you'd think. 

Damage abilities are there to detect drones. See enemies on your radar, but don't see damage numbers? There's a drone.

Multiple slowvas don't stack. However, slowva stacks with Equinox, Valkyr, or other frames nobody uses for the slow, potentially reducing enemy speed by 95%. With Equinox, this is on top of reducing damage they deal by 80%.  With him & Nova, at the center of your aura, enemies will deal 1/400th their usual DPS. It doubles as a drone detector, because anything you can see moving is immune to CC.

Also, never do defense missions for anything but lulz. They take forever. Survival is less bad but still not great. Excavation & disruption will get your rewards much faster.

20 minutes ago, (PS4)KyomaSatomi said:

EHP?

Effective HP. 

Every 300 armor is your life bar in HP over again (so 1000 HP at 300 armor is 2K EHP, at 600 armor it's 3K, etc). Shields effectively have 0 armor, and should just be considered the amount they are. Yes they regenerate, but burst damage is the scary thing here & someone will bring health regeneration 9 times out of 10.

Frames with a damage reduction ability (that works on the frame, not the enemies, or every drone'd foe will ignore it) can multiply that value by their DR, so 3K EHP with 95% DR is 60K HP while the ability's up.

Auto-revive abilities (like Wukong & Nidus's passives, or Oberon's Phoenix Renewal augment) do work, and more than double your EHP.

Quick Thinking will turn your energy into 2.4 x  armor multiplier effective health.

A lot of people love adaptation (an arbitration reward), but it takes getting hit to get it started so it's only usable on frames that are already tanky.

I feel the best defenses are mobility & a good offense, if you can kill enemies before they can hurt you you'll be fine in mag.

Edited by (PS4)theMycon
Remove snark

See, what I'm talking about, Inarus, Wukongs, Rhinos, KKKKKKKK. Not saying you can't defend an excavator with them, but never saw one team past the first one just with those. Plus excavation is 2 excavator at a time or I'm out. Defense and Disruption is about killing fast, sorry. Interception as long as you don't let them take the points back, it is good, but Slow nova is the best for that.

Interest in rewards, I'm telling an efficient way to get them, that is it.

Edited by MPonder

If you can dodge and are really good at moving around like a spaz, do Octavia with quick thinking. You’ll be invis 90% of the time but if you do somehow get hit, quick thinking covers you. All while mallet + resonator (just mallet in case of infested) deals all the damage from enemies that aren’t covered by drones, just bring like a rubico with a crit build or something and most of the time you’ll be one shotting the drones. 

2 hours ago, (PS4)KyomaSatomi said:

I'm almost done with the starchart, which means I'm soon to unlock Arbitrations.

Because of that, I'd like to ask for advice how to deal with that mode.

(I'm personally not really interested in the mode itself, I rather want the rewards)

Arbitration Drones are your friends.

Shooting them is a virtue.

There's no denying two things:

• The high enemy levels and death mechanic (requiring 5 shards that debuff the holder from drones to revive) does shift the balance towards tanks.
  • The drone mechanic (may be hard to target and convey invulnerability to nearby enemies) does shift the balance against using abilities that affect enemies.

Hence all the suggestions for wukong, rhino, inaros, etc.

Maybe follow the tank + catchmoon (it still works, just shorter range :-P) + melee advice short term to give you time to work things out, but long term don't fall into that trap. Find ways to make other builds work and you'll find the mode a lot more engaging. Generally you should be taking in builds that are suited to the objective, just like in any other mission. CC for interception, Defensive/CC for excavation, Healing/DPS for defence, high single target dps for disruption, looter/dps for survival, healing/dps for defection, looter/dps for salvage.

Edited by schilds