Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will spin to win ever end?

MistressMoonpaw

Why should it end?

In terms of gameplay it can be outpaced, efficiency comes from the player and with enough persistance and effort you can complement that player and even kill more than him, if that's your goal.

Remember that some players want to cut down on mission time and make them profitable, after 5k misisons hours and hours of grind can be cut down so it's normal for players to find an efficient way to do so, but spin to win is far from being OP or something that needs to be adressed by DE, whoever is efficient will remain efficient no matter the changes done.

• Like 9

13 minutes ago, MistressMoonpaw said:

you always see someone with a stupid whip doing the lame spin to win tactic. Will it ever end? I wonder

stupid & lame? 

The game rewards killing as many things as possible, as quickly as possible.  So long as there is something that does that, people will gravitate to it.  It doesn't matter its a whip, the catchmoon, the old synoid simulor, the old tonkor, the old tboltace...  And as well they should - that is the efficient solution.  Nerfing the existing meta, or introducing a more powerful one, will simply move the goal post.

Sure they can do things like nerf catchmoon if 50% of experienced players are using it exclusively.  What exactly do you think those players will do? go back to an MK1 something? No, they will gravitate to the next strongest thing until its nerfed or something better comes along. S2W is absolutely no different.

If some players prefer to beat on a single enemy for 30 seconds with a dull stick in the name of "Fun" that is their prerogative.  If others prefer to delete the enemy in 0.1 seconds to faster collect their rewards, that, in turn, is the second players prerogative.  Neither is "stupid" nor "lame", the players simply have different objectives.

So maybe it will end if DE removes it from the game, or maybe it will end when something better comes along. But that will only result in "Why do so many people use <insert new XYZ Meta here> at the exclusion of all else - its stupid and lame" threads.  When we all know the only stupid and lame thing about any of it is all the whining LOL.

• Like 14

Spin to win is fixed.

However most new stances have a spinning animation for their main combo so it pretty much the same thing.

If you see people sliding still, it's likely because we are using it to cover ground. As it was intended.

I actually find myself slide attacking more often now because all the new animations have annoying pauses in them that slow your forward momentum. You can kinda cheat the animation lock by sliding.

Also, why would it bother anyone? Its a pve grinder steeped in tedium and repetition. If someone finds an efficient way to over come it, good.

Edited by IIDMOII
  • Like 1

Because for starters after doing a slide spin you can easily transition into a bullet jump. I don't even consciously try doing sliding spins but that's just what flows naturally with Warframe's current movement and controls. Secondly, Maiming Strike may have been nerfed but without much investment, slide spinning is still gonna take out Lvl 50 enemies which is majority of "content". The nerfs hit hardest for Lvl 200+ endurance runs.

I use spinning to close gaps since I'm not particularly fond of any of the stance gap closers.

So for me it is slide+spin and then transition into E or Forward+E to wipe out the mooks. Spinning is also a viable "combo" part of cleaving whirlwind, Forward+E x3, transition into either E or slide spin to avoid the drunken stagger that comes after the 4th Forward+E on CW. I still need to test on Atlas if he avoids the heavy blade drunken stagger effect on CW with his passive.

4 hours ago, --Q--Poeps said:

It already ended, the change of the melee damage calculation formula turned Maiming Strike into stinking trash. Anyone who is still using it probably has no clue that it's a slotwaste now.

Ninkondi Prime still gets red critical hits on slide attacks for loads of damage. Granted Condition Overload, Maiming Strike, and Blood Rush was heavily nerfed, it performs still alright. Besides, the game is centered around under level 100. Melee builds barely changed. If you only used Scoliac then sure, sliding is dead to you. Slide attacks in general are still good however.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 1

Yes and no?

The update heavily changed the two mods that enabled the style to be so effective. But at the same time the builds are still there for those who want to use them, the only real change is that they're better for crit weapons instead of being a bandaid to turn any weapon into a powerhouse.

And given that this game is a horde shooter and slide attacks are quick and lack most jank from stance hitboxes they'll always have a place for clearing trash units at the very least.

I have been testing a lot of melee weapons out since the update; my main 3 have been Gram Prime, Prisma Skana, and Dragon Nikana, I use slide attacks for mobility on all 3, tbh.  I don't spam it aside from when I want to move with it, though. 

7 minutes ago, Voltage said:

Ninkondi Prime still gets Red Crits slide attacks for lots of damage. Besides, the game is centered around under level 100. Maiming Strike isn't a waste of a slot, and melee builds barely changed. If you only used Scoliac then sure, sliding is dead to you. Slide attacks in general are still good however.

150% crit on maiming while you get 660% crit from blood rush....in other words, maiming strike is a mere 19.7% more crit chance.  Yeah, I'd say maiming strike is a complete waste of a slot, just like either of the Steel mods and crit chance on rivens. There are a lot of mod options that are much better than gaining 19% more crit. Gladiator's Might gives 14.4% more crit(110% bonus at 12x combo) while also giving 60% crit damage, for example. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Rahlence said:

150% crit on maiming while you get 660% crit from blood rush....in other words, maiming strike is a mere 19.7% more crit chance.  Yeah, I'd say maiming strike is a complete waste of a slot, just like either of the Steel mods and crit chance on rivens. There are a lot of mod options that are much better than gaining 19% more crit. Gladiator's Might gives 14.4% more crit(110% bonus at 12x combo) while also giving 60% crit damage, for example. 

I don't slot Maiming Strike, it's on my Riven. I know since the melee changes it's not the best tri-stat roll, but it's hardly a trash thing to use. Blood Rush not working properly is another issue entirely. Slide attacks are still effective with or without Maiming Strike.

Edited by Voltage

3 hours ago, --Q--Poeps said:

It already ended, the change of the melee damage calculation formula turned Maiming Strike into stinking trash. Anyone who is still using it probably has no clue that it's a slotwaste now.

You don't need Maiming Strike to kill things with slide attacks, even hybrid builds can just slide attack to kill things. The main difference between currently using slide attacks and previously would be the range of the attack. There are even heavy attack spam builds that are more brain dead than slide spamming too.

3 hours ago, --Q--Poeps said:

Spin to win still oneshots lv100 enemies without maiming strike, that's more than enough for most content. You're no longer hitting 1M slide crits to clear lv400 enemies with 18 metre range, which is the thing that changed.

• Like 1

OMGZORS People are "spin2win" and killing more than me it must be stopped. OMGZORS People are nuking and killing more than me it must be stopped. OMGZORS People using Catchmoons are killing more than me it must be stopped. OMGZORS People using Condition Overload are killing more than me it must be stopped. OMGZORS People using Bloodrush are killing more than me it must be stopped.

I think I am starting to see pattern. How about either find a build that can kill faster, or just enjoy the ride playing the way you want? You do NOT need to be top killer in every mission.

• Like 1