Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

12 Liches, 5 Seers

Dazubo

This is a brief open letter to DE. I've been playing since 2015 and loved every update - grinding all the content, embracing every rework even if I didn't personally like it.

This is the first update that actively makes me want to stop playing. I'm on my 12th Lich and he is holding what will be my 5th Kuva Seer.

I personally don't care about the weapon bonus, because I'm not interested in min-maxing. I'm interested in getting something for something instead of nothing for something.

There is nothing in the game up till this point that has pissed me off so much as seeing weapon duplicates. I need to spend several hours grinding out boring mission after mission, getting insta-killed by a Lich whose repetitive voicelines are now seared into my skull, knowing the 'reward' is effectively only a 'reroll' of possibly getting a Lich weapon I haven't got yet. Rinse and repeat in futility.

The RNG of Reqiuem-guessing layered over the RNG of Liches spawning layered over the RNG of Lich weapon spawns is too much for me to not make a complaint on the forums. My voice is only 1 more of many who share the same disappointment.

Edited by Dazubo
  • Like 1

I understand you as well. I've been playing since Update 16 in 2015, and I have only once been this annoyed with an update and that was Specters of the Rail. I don't mind grindy content at all, but this update feels heavily rushed and is missing too much polish for a released system. Each update devalues my previous time spent, and I've just given up on Liches. I have gotten 2 Ayangas with the same percentage of heat and now 2 Shildegs with 25% Toxin.

The changes coming will help you not repeat twice in a row, but still make low percentage roll duplicates worthless. Thankfully they are adding trading, and this will enable myself and others to just skip this horrendous system and just get the Mastery.

Edited by Voltage

Yep, a couple of the content creators have pointed this out.  😞  The change that DE proposed doesn't prevent and endless sequence of repeats, it just means you can't get five Krakens in a row.  It's still completely possible for the RNG to hate you and go

Kraken

Seer

Kraken

Seer

Kraken

Seer

And then bounce to some other weapon you already have.  And of course once you have at least one of most of the Kuva weapons, getting the last few will become harder and harder.  I know some people blazed through twenty or fourty or a hundred liches already.  But not everyone has, and the amount that you'd need to fight to even *probably* get just a crappy version of each variant is kind of nuts.  😞

I had relatively good luck at first...  still not doing too bad though I have three Seers and three Shildegs.   This did however allow me to get a nearly maxed version of the shildeg (59% toxic) so I'm not too concerned about that....  so my overall record is I've gotten 7/13 with 5 duplicates so far.

I'm in favor of the idea going around that the larvling should have the bass version of the weapon there Lich would have then you can choose at that point whether or not to make that lich.  then you don't have to spend an hour or two or more depending on luck on the duplicate.

Edited by (PS4)Eluminary

14 minutes ago, EmberStar said:

Yep, a couple of the content creators have pointed this out.  😞  The change that DE proposed doesn't prevent and endless sequence of repeats, it just means you can't get five Krakens in a row.  It's still completely possible for the RNG to hate you and go

Kraken

Seer

Kraken

Seer

Kraken

Seer

And then bounce to some other weapon you already have.  And of course once you have at least one of most of the Kuva weapons, getting the last few will become harder and harder.  I know some people blazed through twenty or fourty or a hundred liches already.  But not everyone has, and the amount that you'd need to fight to even *probably* get just a crappy version of each variant is kind of nuts.  😞

Even worse when you add in people who actually want duplicates for use with the Valance system, whelp you got it this time you're next lich is a 100% guaranteed dud. 

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Shaun-T-Wilson said:

Presumably you used different frames and weapons when you spawn/create your liche right?

Frames only determin the base power set of the Lich and the Elemental Damage percentage and even then it is only very VERY loosly based on the frame you bring. EG Killing a Larvaling with Titania will give you a Lich with Cold damage..... for reasons....???

So far as anyone can tell the weapon you use has absolutely no bearing on what weapon your Lich will spawn with that is completely and totally RNG. 

53 minutes ago, Voltage said:

Thankfully they are adding trading, and this will enable myself and others to just skip this horrendous system and just get the Mastery.

Reading about how this works was enough for me to decide I don't care about getting every last MR point anymore (currently 27)...and having made that decision, it feels really good. 🙂

One weapon that needed 5 forma was fine/interesting, now RNG weapons too, no thanks. They will certainly be adding Corpus, etc. into the mix down the road...it will never end.

i hunted 32 lich, and still can't get a single ephemera and a ogris, but i'm more worried about the ephemera so i can allow myself to change the element of the weapons

for weapons i got something like this

1 shildeg
1 drakgoon
1 brakk
1 karak
2 kraken
2 seer
3 twin stubbas
3 chakkur
4 ayanga
4 quartakk
4 tonkor
6 kohm

1 hour ago, danang5 said:

ive seen DE solution in the future

you fuse 4 kuva weapon to made a new 1 with the new kuva weapon transmuter,coming soon to in game market for a cheap price of 199 plat per transmuter

more like, it drops with a 1% chance off the last spider.... "gotta get people to farm her(?) and surely this will pump the numbers up"

Edited by Leyers_of_facade

18 liches defeated

0 kuva kohm
0 kuva chakkhurr

7 dupulicates (with combination of 2 in a row and 3 in a row after that)
11 actual weapons

Next lich is another duplicate

......im #*!%ing done until they fix this S#&$, i am so tired of farming and just getting nothing but duplicates now I only want two of the weapons, can you guess which two?

• Like 1

The biggest problem for me is when i see duplicate of kuva weapon with same low % bonus then i know there will be another 2.5 hour to lose JUST to erase this timeconsuming pointless lich with another same weapon i already obtained. Today i made 2 liches with duplicates both and i killed another larva to get new 3rd lich for tomorrow to start new and guess what? ANOTHER DUPLICATE. New day new duplicate. I'm going crazy. Damn i just need 3 more kuva weapons and i already did arround +-20 liches or something.

• Like 1