Sign in to follow this  
AlphaRyuuxx

Some Gauss augment ideas and discussion

Yeah I know I know, Gauss is new and not even Baruuk has an augment yet but I still wanted to do some brain storming and discussing.

Mach Rush Augment: I honestly can't really think of anything for this ability. Maybe incorporate a drift feature to allow him to turn corners, although I doubt this'll be used very much aside from speed running missions.

Kinetic Plating Augment: Maybe something that can block out status effects like warding halo and iron skin. So things like high level toxin damage doesn't just drop gauss.
Or
Have it be a trade off augment where you lose the ability to reach 100% DR (goes to like 90 or so) but gain DR to everything.
Thermal Sunder: Ice - When you/allies run through gain X amount of armor for X seconds. Fire - When you/allies run through, regen health and gain bonus health (similar to wisps vitality mote) for X seconds. Gives gauss some support tools for his team

Red Line: Killing enemies add X seconds to red line's duration (basically eternal war). My only problem with gauss is that whenever red line runs out gauss is put in a pretty vulnerable spot. It still takes time (though not as much as before) to charge up red line for the 100% DR and that in that time Gauss can get dropped. It's like chroma's vex armor a while back where he was unable to refresh it and was forced to restack it everytime the duration ran out, it interrupts game play.

Anyway let me know what you guys think or your ideas for his augments

Mach Rush Augment: Allows Omni-directional dashing while aiming down sights and/or Mach Dash leaves after images that distract enemies for a short amount of time. If it's just the movement it should be an exilus option, if you include the afterimages then it'll need to be a normal augment.

I am 100% against endless Redline. Gauss is hardly up S#&$ creek between uses of Redline.

Heck yeah to endless Redline. Gauss is amazing. If you build him right as long as Kinetic Plating is active you cant die with Gauss. I usually do ESO and i got to zone 9 with a team a couple of times and they couldnt do anything to my Gauss. I think for Mach Rush have it be when you use Mach Rush time slows down for all enemies except Gauss and allies, Kinetic Platic-Each time you take damage you get healed for 5 percent health, Thermal Sunder-You and allies within the cone gain increased crit chance, damage and healing, Redline-When you get Redline to 100 percent large bolts of lightning rain down from the sky seeking out enemies. 

On 2019-11-13 at 7:08 PM, AlphaRyuuxx said:
Mach Rush Augment: I honestly can't really think of anything for this ability. Maybe incorporate a drift feature to allow him to turn corners, although I doubt this'll be used very much aside from speed running missions.

I got you.

[Augment: Gear Change] <- My Fav idea
+40% Sprint Speed/Movement Speed
While in Mach Rush pressing the sprint key drastically increases speed at the cost of Battery without cap. (Think of this like how [Razorwing Blitz] works but sacrifices battery instead of energy to increase the %).

This'll give a way for Redline to indirectly buff Gauss' speed something that has been asked for since release.

[Augment: Drift Boost]
+X% Sprint Speed/Movement Speed
Allows for Gauss in Mach Rush to make tighter turns, upon making a tight turn Gauss gains a sudden burst of speed ( think of the Mario Kart Drifting mechanic).

[Augment: Free Run]
+75% Sprint Speed/Movement Speed
Converts Mach Rush into a channelled movement boost. (Think of Volts Speed ability).

[Augment: Mach Slip Stream]
For-each enemy hit by Mach Rush Gauss gains a duration % Movement Speed Increase (think of this a bit like that one Rhino Augment).

[Augment: Over-Charge]
Holding Mach Rush key down drains Gauss' Battery/Energy but on release Gauss' MachRush speed gains a % increase based upon how long he held down Mach Rush(think of this like a sonic Spin Dash). 

[Augment: Channelled Sprint/ Comet]
Mach Rush now quickly builds up speed the longer it is used (Or by holding down the sprint key during use) upon ending Mach Rush Gauss retains the speed increase for X amount of time and can be continued as long as he uses mach rush again before the timer expires. If Gauss doesn't use Mach Rush again before the timer expires he loses all his Energy/Battery.

Using Fire Thermal Sunder expires the timer without loss to energy/battery.

[Augment: Feather Steps]
Grants the ability to run in the air for a fixed duration(or expends battery) before falling down (like in those martial art movies and wuxia stories). After expending the duration and landing Gauss gains a movement speed boost. 

Edited by Raqiya

On 2019-11-13 at 7:08 PM, AlphaRyuuxx said:
Red Line: Killing enemies add X seconds to red line's duration (basically eternal war). My only problem with gauss is that whenever red line runs out gauss is put in a pretty vulnerable spot. It still takes time (though not as much as before) to charge up red line for the 100% DR and that in that time Gauss can get dropped. It's like chroma's vex armor a while back where he was unable to refresh it and was forced to restack it everytime the duration ran out, it interrupts game play.

I don't think they'll make this augment, it sort of undermines the battery mechanic.