Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Murmur Farming, Tips and Tricks

Remedyheart

vor 53 Minuten schrieb cliffghost:

Choose wisely what you claim if you can't prove it on questioning. Easy as that.

And no excuses like "I was unlucky with this or that". You claimed:

so your "unluck" should be covered in other runs.

And when asked

you kept your claim again

That was were I got up and came in to confront you. I've done a couple of hunting runs with less than one hour of completion time (lucky guessing) but I would never claim it my usual average time. I've measured my last 60 runs. It was around 160 minutes per hunt. Substract 30 minutes from that because I do excavations always first if possible then you'll land at 130 minutes at average per run. Substract additional 30 minutes for not playing the missions or whatever you want and you'll land at 100 minutes at average per run but even that is far far away from what you've claimed your "I take about 1 hour per lich." and "I do this in solo. Usually the lich is dead in 8-10 missions."

That's enough "blah blah blah" from me. Keep your dreams if you like them but I will not take you serious in any further discussion about Lich hunting nowadays.

Have a nice day. 🙂

right. topic is about average runs. and i have runs of less than 10-20 minutes, so all the keys just fit the second or even the first time. but it's about AVERAGE!

Edited by Battle.Mage
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Battle.Mage said:

right. topic is about average runs. and i have runs of less than 10-20 minutes, so all the keys just fit the second or even the first time. but it's about AVERAGE!

I'm sure we all have runs of about 10 minutes, I had 1 where he died on our first meeting but my average is about an hour. You need to consider that I'm not having to clear the 3rd murmur, very rarely if ever. I just brute force it at that point if I haven't been lucky enough to get the bypass or guess any murmurs up till that point. When you consider that some runs are significantly faster and some runs a bit over, my average is what I am saying it is. I cannot imagine ever having to take 3 hours for a lich.

Edited by -CdG-Zilchy

vor 1 Stunde schrieb -CdG-Zilchy:

Inb4 you start claiming I got lucky on the 3rd murmur(technically the 2nd mod) but luck evens out and I had rotten luck with brute forcing the 1st one. And besides if I'd been successful with the bypass for the 3rd one I wouldn't have needed to guess it.

As of my data sheet roundabout 75% of the requiem mod orders for two consecutive Liches have a backrelationship (110 counted runs as for now). That means that if you hunt you current Lich there is an over average probability that at least one of the requiem mods was used in the requiem mod order of your last Lich. Keep that in mind if you brute force the next time. Doesn't work always but often enough to save some time.

The use of Mesa is interesting because I can spare some time to run from enemy to enemy. Thx for showing that. I will try that out.

To speed up the thrall spawn if I'm confronted with my Lich I use a rad proc on both the Lich and the mob and keep it up. Thrall spawn goes brrr... especially in Survival and further if the Lich is high level.

I'm ok with your missions selection. I go for Sabotage also to fill gaps on the rage meter or on mission selection but I have to visit every part of the map to get all possible thralls. The advance of Sabotage is that if the Lich spawns near the mission objective that the mob is grouped together for thrall spawns.

I did (and do further) Excavation because I needed the Sibear for MR (and now to refill my cryotics stock) but it only gives up to 10 murmurs for a 12 minute gameplay. Maybe I will change that if I have collected enough cryotics.

I try to keep Capture missions for the right moment because it looks like that they have a higher Lich spawn probability (oc after the capture). The higher the distance to the extraction point the higher the probabilty that the Lich spawns (in my personal experience).

Mission selection is further extremely dependent of the Lichs origin planet. For example I always lose a few minutes on Lua (Crossfire Extermination) and Neptune (Mobile Defense) because of the sentient spawns.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb -CdG-Zilchy:

There's also a technique you can use to bypass about 75% of the 3rd murmur but I don't always get it

Interesting...

hth

have a nice day. 🙂

Edited by cliffghost
changed "Lichs spawn planet" to "Lichs origin planet"
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, cliffghost said:

As of my data sheet roundabout 75% of the requiem mod orders for two consecutive Liches have a backrelationship (110 counted runs as for now). That means that if you hunt you current Lich there is an over average probability that at least one of the requiem mods was used in the requiem mod order of your last Lich. Keep that in mind if you brute force the next time. Doesn't work always but often enough to save some time.

The use of Mesa is interesting because I can spare some time to run from enemy to enemy. Thx for showing that. I will try that out.

To speed up the thrall spawn if I'm confronted with my Lich I use a rad proc on both the Lich and the mob and keep it up. Thrall spawn goes brrr... especially in Survival and further if the Lich is high level.

I'm ok with your missions selection. I go for Sabotage also to fill gaps on the rage meter or on mission selection but I have to visit every part of the map to get all possible thralls. The advance of Sabotage is that if the Lich spawns near the mission objective that the mob is grouped together for thrall spawns.

I did (and do further) Excavation because I needed the Sibear for MR (and now to refill my cryotics stock) but it only gives up to 10 murmurs for a 12 minute gameplay. Maybe I will change that if I have collected enough cryotics.

I try to keep Capture missions for the right moment because it looks like that they have a higher Lich spawn probability (oc after the capture). The higher the distance to the extraction point the higher the probabilty that the Lich spawns (in my personal experience).

Mission selection is further extremely dependent of the Lichs spawn planet. For example I always lose a few minutes on Lua (Crossfire Extermination) and Neptune (Mobile Defense) because of the sentient spawns.

Interesting...

hth

have a nice day. 🙂

Yeh Mesa is my lazy way of speeding the missions and yeh I've noticed those requiem patterns as well. The rad proc is a good idea I like that. 

With regards to your comment on captures, because I mainly brute force I'm really only interested in killing thralls to annoy the lich and make him spawn. I tend to do capture, crossfire etc then chuck in either a mobile defense or survival because those are the missions I'm in for more than a few minutes and it's more likely the lich will spawn. I only really slow down when the lich spawns for the guaranteed 10 thralls then I'm back to rushing lol. I think the main reason people take a long time on lich's is because they try to unlock all the murmurs and choose missions like Defense. Oh and that glitch helps obviously lol. Hopefully it won't get nerfed by sharing it here, enjoy 🙂

Edited by -CdG-Zilchy
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, cliffghost said:

I got it so you can erase that part of your post... 😁

17 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Yep good idea lol. Have fun giving it a go, I reckon I probably get it about 1 in every 4 or 5 lich's. Hell of a time saver.

I didn't.....

:(

• 1 month later...
On 2019-11-13 at 6:33 PM, Remedyheart said:

Just tried your method and I am happy to report it does work. There are some issues with it though and makes it stressful especially with the wrong frames weapons and or builds.

Your method is not bad and provides a constant fountain of thralls done in private. The biggest issue here is the difficulty easily creating a large amount of stress. Levels 60 and 70+ is consider very hard already and is not new player friendly. This method forces you to use a tanky frame and a completely built weapon, both that need to easily topple at least stage 2 sortie level.

Though I'd advise stronger still as the goal here is to summon your lich and AVOID them at all costs. Your lich only converts nearby enemies and must be actively HUNTING YOU DOWN. This method is useful only to players who know what they're doing. Otherwise they may find themselves downed four times so quickly that they won't benefit anymore than the casual method of pubbing.

Having a full team is not just a great benefit but also acts as a safety net incase you can't handle your lich. Another issue is the spawning rate. As a solo mission the spawn rate is much lower and eventually you will run short on enemies and again the player must know what they're doing to benefit from this. Because this requires leading and baiting an entity that is essentially boss level for lower players.

So, smart play from you, but definitely not for everyone.

So. I have to say this. 60+ enemies arent “end game” not even close. What is classified as end game is steel path endurance runs. Where the enemies start at over 100. Me myself i dont consider a endgame player but i can solo steel path mot up to 6 hours with no deaths and no effort in my builds. I have a 1 forma revenant and i have a sepfahn with a riven and with that theres not much that can kill you. Try using a revenant built for mesmer skin. Hes literally unkillable if you do