Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Void swords for operators (primitive form)

(PSN)R1ft_Kn1ght

Me and another person in the same clan as me were talking about duviri and I thought what if when operators become adults they get to use melees or secondarys then the person said something about void swords then I thought what about modular hilts where you would get parts of the hilt which would determine the blade whether it would be a sword, dagger or heavy blade which would only be usable by operators and would make operators not feel so stiff and useless when compared to the warframes which I know is the point but I want to be able to feel more lively when playing as an adult operator for a match especially since umbras passive allows him to walk around without the influence of the operator it would feel really nice to use daggers to kill enemies whilst havng umbra wreck everything behind me with an opticor vandal I really hope DE see this and add this with duviri and share this around so DE can see this please and more ideas might be in the comments to add on to this idea

Edited by (PS4)wagwan31267
Also I changed the title cuz it would seem as if my original post was my final thoughts but as this post "ages" I might think of more ideas

2 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

i mean having melee on operators would be fun

How, though? Operators are stiff and not flexible like the frames they control. They wouldn't be able to wield a sword nearly as deftly as their frame could, unless they use some void magic to telekinetically maneuver it or something.

At best, I'd see them gaining a new tool they can use in replacement of amps that allows them to infuse firearms with void energy (based on Duviri Paradox trailer of an operator using a tigris). It would be modular like OP's idea, but would only improve ranged weapons.

10 minutes ago, Pizzarugi said:

How, though? Operators are stiff and not flexible like the frames they control. They wouldn't be able to wield a sword nearly as deftly as their frame could, unless they use some void magic to telekinetically maneuver it or something.

At best, I'd see them gaining a new tool they can use in replacement of amps that allows them to infuse firearms with void energy (based on Duviri Paradox trailer of an operator using a tigris). It would be modular like OP's idea, but would only improve ranged weapons.

well op was discussing adults using it with planes so i thought that made sense given they did use tigris in preview 

14 minutes ago, Pizzarugi said:

I would think that having operators use primary weapons wouldn't really be useful as you still have frames for that my original post was a more basic form of what you can really do with void swords maybe when you do a slam attack it does a whole I guess "wall" of pure void energy and damage and it would take away 10 of your void bar idk what it's called also these void swords would have something like channeling where it turns it into something like exalted blade and while channeling it takes down 1 void thingy off your bar

2 minutes ago, (PS4)wagwan31267 said:

I would think that having operators use primary weapons wouldn't really be useful as you still have frames for that

Not necessarily. Think about how weak your normal amp is compared to a gun, but it has the ability of causing void damage which has very few resistances, resets Sentient defenses, and has a Magnetize proc. Imagine transferring that to a gun by adding extra void damage to shots (scaled by gun mods?) along with all of the other void damage perks. Not only would your operator be able to do more than just shred Sentient defenses, they should be more capable of combat on their own.

1 minute ago, Pizzarugi said:

Not necessarily. Think about how weak your normal amp is compared to a gun, but it has the ability of causing void damage which has very few resistances, resets Sentient defenses, and has a Magnetize proc. Imagine transferring that to a gun by adding extra void damage to shots (scaled by gun mods?) along with all of the other void damage perks. Not only would your operator be able to do more than just shred Sentient defenses, they should be more capable of combat on their own.

That's the point of the void sword not to give some 50 pound kid or skinny adult a heavy af arca but to also make the operator more or a secondary option to use throughout an entire mission that isn't an eidolon hunt even then you still need the support of frames I just want operators to be usable not a tool like I said before

9 minutes ago, (PS4)wagwan31267 said:

That's the point of the void sword not to give some 50 pound kid or skinny adult a heavy af arca but to also make the operator more or a secondary option to use throughout an entire mission that isn't an eidolon hunt even then you still need the support of frames I just want operators to be usable not a tool like I said before

Yes, but how would it work? Operators don't have the same agility as their warframes. They run slower, can't parkour, and are more frail. How well do you think they'd hold up against a horde of enemies brandishing firearms while all you've got is a void sword and utility perks? Your frame would chop enemies down quicker and more safely than your operator would. 😛

18 minutes ago, Pizzarugi said:

Yes, but how would it work? Operators don't have the same agility as their warframes. They run slower, can't parkour, and are more frail. How well do you think they'd hold up against a horde of enemies brandishing firearms while all you've got is a void sword and utility perks? Your frame would chop enemies down quicker and more safely than your operator would. 😛

Yes but I'd think if duviri made your operator an adult you'd get more health? Also like I said before a slam attack might do a room clearing attack and id think putting in different modules/arcanes to add more abilities into the sword making it very powerful and I'd think 2-3 moduals/arcanes would balance it I guess

7 hours ago, Pizzarugi said:

Well, the eidolon has a shield that can only be damage by operator void damage soo with the new sentient tileset coming out

Imagine sentient enemies only existing off of shields. Theyre slow but can deal a lot of damage to warframes if the player gets too close. The operator can attack and down them, leaving their warframe to perform a finisher attack

1 hour ago, keikogi said:

WEhy not both ? 

I wish we had a melee weapon for each focus school .

Zenurik- glaive 

madurai- clwaws 

Unairo- Hammer 

Naramon- Sword 

Varazin- shield 

But the thing is it might not fit people's play style as opposed to focus schools I personally went for zenurik but I don't like glaive type weapons that's why it's a problem I think it should be something modular in duviri alongside modular archwings 

18 hours ago, (PS4)wagwan31267 said:

But the thing is it might not fit people's play style as opposed to focus schools I personally went for zenurik but I don't like glaive type weapons that's why it's a problem I think it should be something modular in duviri alongside modular archwings 

Just make they same as unbondable passive. I want they to have nodes so they can especial properties.

The concept of the operator having a held CQC weapon sounds good. The Cetus amps are created from fragments of sentient bodies to channel Void power so it's within reason they could hold the Void in a short blade. Quill Onkko Primary states the amp is an extension of the starchild's will. Without the amps, they can already manage variations on the " Wave Motion Fist " from Street Fighter (minus the traveling distance of the entire pulse). These skills function regardless of the amp they carry.

Madurai Flame Blast creates a heat explosion and Vazarin Guardian Shell creates a shield. Zenurik Voltaic Blast creates some electrical damage. I could see how the starchildren learn to hold the energy in a sustainable, bladed form. In Yu Yu Hakusho, Urameshi and his team bend simple energy into various forms for their attacks and that's little more than the exertion of will. I don't see the starchildren and their manipulation of the Void as radically different. Maybe the ability to bend the Void energy into a weapon can be its own focus node and the blade can be selected as one of five (based on the focus nodes you selected; only one blade form equipped at a time). Making the node as one you can unbind doesn't really seem too important. It would be better if, when you master the bladed weapon node, it becomes one of the options you can select. When you want to use your bladed Void weapon form, you select from one of five options that each require their associated node to have at least one rank in it (not just unlocked). 

If you're concerned about the starchild's " stiffness ", I don't see it. We're talking about children that had the agility to jump and dive through someone to steal a staff, the mental strength to stab someone in the stomach while looking them in the eye and bend the Void in unique ways by utilizing a dream state environment.  Of course, they can't hop around and parkour but remember, they're not former Dax turned Infested. Based on the weapon's focus school, they can have different movement patterns that reflect the poise of each focus school (such as Unairu's firm, strong idle stance). You could also lock the blade mode behind a short quest where Onkko and Teshin coach the starchild through it. The other NPCs move around just fine and Onkko walks like he could cut down a Taxman for the fun of it. Don't be too harsh on the starchildren just because of lousy animations. I could see one performing a finisher animation, with a Void arm blade in hand, while most of their body is in Void Mode.

Edited by (PS4)Stardust-Rebel

5 hours ago, (PS4)Stardust-Rebel said:

The concept of the operator having a held CQC weapon sounds good. The Cetus amps are created from fragments of sentient bodies to channel Void power so it's within reason they could hold the Void in a short blade. Quill Onkko Primary states the amp is an extension of the starchild's will. Without the amps, they can already manage variations on the " Wave Motion Fist " from Street Fighter (minus the traveling distance of the entire pulse). These skills function regardless of the amp they carry.

Madurai Flame Blast creates a heat explosion and Vazarin Guardian Shell creates a shield. Zenurik Voltaic Blast creates some electrical damage. I could see how the starchildren learn to hold the energy in a sustainable, bladed form. In Yu Yu Hakusho, Urameshi and his team bend simple energy into various forms for their attacks and that's little more than the exertion of will. I don't see the starchildren and their manipulation of the Void as radically different. Maybe the ability to bend the Void energy into a weapon can be its own focus node and the blade can be selected as one of five (based on the focus nodes you selected; only one blade form equipped at a time). Making the node as one you can unbind doesn't really seem too important. It would be better if, when you master the bladed weapon node, it becomes one of the options you can select. When you want to use your bladed Void weapon form, you select from one of five options that each require their associated node to have at least one rank in it (not just unlocked). 

If you're concerned about the starchild's " stiffness ", I don't see it. We're talking about children that had the agility to jump and dive through someone to steal a staff, the mental strength to stab someone in the stomach while looking them in the eye and bend the Void in unique ways by utilizing a dream state environment.  Of course, they can't hop around and parkour but remember, they're not former Dax turned Infested. Based on the weapon's focus school, they can have different movement patterns that reflect the poise of each focus school (such as Unairu's firm, strong idle stance). You could also lock the blade mode behind a short quest where Onkko and Teshin coach the starchild through it. The other NPCs move around just fine and Onkko walks like he could cut down a Taxman for the fun of it. Don't be too harsh on the starchildren just because of lousy animations. I could see one performing a finisher animation, with a Void arm blade in hand, while most of their body is in Void Mode.

Honestly a perfect reply but one thing I disagree with is your thought on movement with operators they do feel stiff when you don't use their powers and its why people use them as tools for energy or other things