Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

lich took my sortie reward :D

iheboiasli707

5 minutes ago, Irhyo said:

Be thankful you lost a riven and not a sculpture, liches don't give those back, meanwhile you can deal with your lich and get the riven back.

They do give them back.  It's a visual bug that makes it look like they won't return them but if you check your inventory, you'll see everything gets returned.

16 minutes ago, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

I bet you hate that damn Lich now, don't you? Well yeah, that's the entire point lmao

The problem I have with it is that it doesn't make me hate the lich: it makes me hate the game.

The lich is just a narative character with a predetermined personality who simply serves as a 'face' for what the real villain is: a game that is so incapable of giving an engaging experience that the developers make you re-earn what you already earned.

Maybe if defeating the lich gave something more that just my already earned rewards and a single, typically worse duplicate, weapon, then maybe I could actually start engaging with the lich as a character instead of as an annoying game mechanic.

At least now we can opt out. Not that that helps anyone who got one before that change, who still doesn't have the requiem mods to kill it, or the equipment/mods to fight it.

9 minutes ago, (XB1)Mechanized Mind said:

They do give them back.  It's a visual bug that makes it look like they won't return them but if you check your inventory, you'll see everything gets returned.

Can confirm. Lich stole 2 sculptures from me (one of which was a sortie reward). When I killed her the UI said I only got 1 back but both were put back in my inventory.

Maybe killing the lich should give bonus rewards to make it worth killing?

How about vaulted prime parts, primed mods, a butt load of kuva, extra riven mods.  Same goes for railjack and the paradox when we get them.

The quantity of whats stolen isn't important.  Its just annoying for the game to steal your stuff after you grinded for it.

And sometimes that 1 rare eesource/item can make an immediate difference.

Edited by (PS4)Kakurine2
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, SordidDreams said:

Oh yes, that's what games should do, make you hate them.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

that damn Lich

Who and what you hate is up to you. But if you dislike something then you probably shouldn't be using it. Afaik Liches are optional, and cater to a part of the community - not necessarily yours or mine - and the whole game in its several mechanics is just like that.

If I had a credit every time someone says xyz mechanic, old or new, makes them hate the game I'd buy out the entire Corpus Board and make myself president. Can't please everyone with every single piece of content.

Edited by (PS4)Hikuro-93

19 minutes ago, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

Who and what you hate is up to you. But if you dislike something then you probably shouldn't be using it. Afaik Liches are optional, and cater to a part of the community - not necessarily yours or mine - and the whole game in its several mechanics is just like that.

If I had a credit every time someone says xyz mechanic, old or new, makes them hate the game I'd buy out the entire Corpus Board and make myself president. Can't please everyone with every single piece of content.

That's a valid point, and I do avoid the liches for the time being. On the other hand, they're a part of the game. I don't think any part of an entertainment product should be hateful for the same reason that I don't think any part of a cake should be made of a turd. Even if it is possible to cut out and throw away, which it might not always be, it still kinda gives the rest a nasty aftertaste.

• Like 1