Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can We Have More Operator lines please?

GoldStellar

after a while, the operator voices sound repetitive. why not let the voice actors have some fun, and have operators actually converse with the bosses in levels?

also make some of these maybe only available in solo, or disabled in options. i know some players disable ordis/operator voices <why? i love them> so give them that freedom too?

this is for players who want to hear more of their favorite kiddos, to roleplay or immerse themselves in the experience. 

this will take away from the SPEEDRUN LEVEL RUSH, to allow players a reason to slow down ;3 admire the level a bit.

have the bosses react to what they say,

or in levels the operator can give advice,

or maybe in fortuna/orb vallis they can mention it is cold,

or hum to the tune of we all lift together,

or when health is low, the operator will say something like take cover,

or when arch gun is equipped, they say a really bad ash phrase that raises the awesome meter 1000%

or argue with bosses over something ridiculous,

or ask the bosses a question<series of questions> and they talk.

or if you stand in front of a point of interest the operator/ordis too maybe will talk about it.

or in ship, operator and ordis will talk <you could add lore for the new war here! 

or have the operator walk around the ship admiring stuff, and making notes about it.

and if you play shawzin, after doing a 5 clem song, maybe ordis/operator wil comment on your performance? <different lines depending on how you do.>

or in cetus to onko, when you leave, they will say something about him.

maybe while in lua with umbra and you are solo mode, the operator will ask umbra something, and then umbra will get his own little image as if he is communicating, and its "....." or just nothing. and the operator says something else. like apologizes for isah <?spelling?> and umbra just sighs heavily. 

or maybe have other players operators speak to you? have them even get into an argument about which boss is worse, and have ordis step in with something ridiculously funny like konzu is the worst. this way it seems like the other players arent just there to run by, but are actually on a team with you.

i remember in tenno con the voice actor wanted to do more with nef anyo. and i say lets not NERF anyo and let him have what he wants? in orb vallis, if you are beating up corpus, nef will get really mad at you, and your operator will argue against him.

or in archwing mode, if you fly through that tunnel without crashing in the corpus level <you know that tight one> the operator cheers.

if anyone has more ideas, please post them too :3

and make these toggle so players who would rather rush or just play in peace dont hear this stuff. but this would give the voice actors a LOT of fun stuff to do. like for nightwave the operator can ask Nora who she is and she can reply, "Honey, There Are Those Of Us With Names, And Those Who Make Names For Themselves. When You Make Your Name Clear, You Will Know mine."

• Like 1

Hm... I'm not sure that giving operators more lines (in their current style) would be great. It's disliked by numerous players because the lines rarely fit the context of the situation and don't match what the player's thinking at all.

On the other hand, I think there's a lot of potential to be had in using Operators for "voice commands". So we can hit a button, and then your Operator pops up on the side and says "Need healing!" or something.
Team Fortress 2 executes this flawlessly, and games like Overwatch use a more simplified version of this that would fit very well into Warframe.

Edited by SortaRandom
  • Like 2

On 2019-11-13 at 11:45 PM, GoldStellar said:
Spoiler

after a while, the operator voices sound repetitive. why not let the voice actors have some fun, and have operators actually converse with the bosses in levels?

also make some of these maybe only available in solo, or disabled in options. i know some players disable ordis/operator voices <why? i love them> so give them that freedom too?

this is for players who want to hear more of their favorite kiddos, to roleplay or immerse themselves in the experience. 

this will take away from the SPEEDRUN LEVEL RUSH, to allow players a reason to slow down ;3 admire the level a bit.

have the bosses react to what they say,

or in levels the operator can give advice,

or maybe in fortuna/orb vallis they can mention it is cold,

or hum to the tune of we all lift together,

or when health is low, the operator will say something like take cover,

or when arch gun is equipped, they say a really bad ash phrase that raises the awesome meter 1000%

or argue with bosses over something ridiculous,

or ask the bosses a question<series of questions> and they talk.

or if you stand in front of a point of interest the operator/ordis too maybe will talk about it.

or in ship, operator and ordis will talk <you could add lore for the new war here! 

or have the operator walk around the ship admiring stuff, and making notes about it.

and if you play shawzin, after doing a 5 clem song, maybe ordis/operator wil comment on your performance? <different lines depending on how you do.>

or in cetus to onko, when you leave, they will say something about him.

maybe while in lua with umbra and you are solo mode, the operator will ask umbra something, and then umbra will get his own little image as if he is communicating, and its "....." or just nothing. and the operator says something else. like apologizes for isah <?spelling?> and umbra just sighs heavily. 

or maybe have other players operators speak to you? have them even get into an argument about which boss is worse, and have ordis step in with something ridiculously funny like konzu is the worst. this way it seems like the other players arent just there to run by, but are actually on a team with you.

i remember in tenno con the voice actor wanted to do more with nef anyo. and i say lets not NERF anyo and let him have what he wants? in orb vallis, if you are beating up corpus, nef will get really mad at you, and your operator will argue against him.

or in archwing mode, if you fly through that tunnel without crashing in the corpus level <you know that tight one> the operator cheers.

if anyone has more ideas, please post them too :3

and make these toggle so players who would rather rush or just play in peace dont hear this stuff. but this would give the voice actors a LOT of fun stuff to do. like for nightwave the operator can ask Nora who she is and she can reply, "Honey, There Are Those Of Us With Names, And Those Who Make Names For Themselves. When You Make Your Name Clear, You Will Know mine."

And more voice types, while you're at it...

More lines would be cool for those of us that like it. The fact our Operator and the Ventkids don't have different dialog if you aren't in a Frame was disappointing. TWW made it seem to me that the poor kid forgot they were even a kid in the first place, so I would think they would be a bit more chatty. 

They should have some dialog when finding the little glass fragments on the plains or the little Kuria statues. Even the Cephalon fragments should have a comment. We know Cephalon doesn't like pets so having the space kid make a snide comment when interacting with our pets would be amusing. And kids talk to pets, even if its just a simple line like you get when interacting with Dogmeat from Fallout. 

I understand and agree some of their dialog along with Cephalon and the Lotus are a bit... pointless. Which is why people mute them.  Any of them commenting on the faction of the mission nod isn't helpful. No S#&amp;&#036; we are surrounded by the Corpus, we are on their mission nod. A better comment would be if a different faction showed up or if there is a different path to an objective that we might have blown past. A verbal cue about the locked doors on Jupiter, to keep all knew players from having to pause the game and look up what they are online. 

14 hours ago, Uhkretor said:

And more voice types, while you're at it...

Literally just a pitch slider would already be fantastic. It would also require minimal effort on DE's part, considering that it's already in place for Kuva Liches.

• Like 2