Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tenno void swords

THEONAM

As stated, I was thinking that in the duviri paradox because the tenno cant shoot void beams they would devise a melee alternative called Vegas Amps that would be built similarly to zaws, consisting of a grip guard and projector 

1. The grips would determine the speed of the weapon. I thought that there would be 2 types one for two handed weapons such as the 2 handed nikana and heavy blade one for daggers swords (and dual variants for them) Etc.
  2. The guards would determine the critical chance and status chance of the blade simple enough
  3. The projector would project a lightsaber like beam of void energy this determines the blade type (refer 1 for the mentioned blade types)
  4. new stances might have to be made but that is just a speculation on my part not really necessary

Feel free to comment on what you think should change, stay or add on what your thoughts I just thought it would be a cool idea

Ps my name is pronounced Theo Nam

• Like 4

Not against your thought.  But considering how ugly zaws and kitguns are.  I doubt snother modular system would be good.

It seems like based off the trailer we won't be able to use void powers or the frames.  Rather we seem to be using weapons of the enemies we beat.  Or find thst have been stashed by our paradoxical selves.

I am hoping the tenno creater gets completely overhauled.  Tired of the androgyness child character.  I want at least the choice to have an adult operater.

• Like 1

I love how Zaws and Kitguns look! Zaws look Ostron-Tribal, and the Kit-guns reflect the scavenged-off-scrap theme.

I'm both cases I find the design to be incredibly creative.

Now, for Tenno? If they're getting blades they need an animation rework. The voice lines really need to go and be replaced with things that are more meaningful and contextualized. Yeah, they're young, but they should be at an incredibly higher level of maturity given their past.

10 minutes ago, Anarbitrio said:

I love how Zaws and Kitguns look! Zaws look Ostron-Tribal, and the Kit-guns reflect the scavenged-off-scrap theme.

I'm both cases I find the design to be incredibly creative.

Now, for Tenno? If they're getting blades they need an animation rework. The voice lines really need to go and be replaced with things that are more meaningful and contextualized. Yeah, they're young, but they should be at an incredibly higher level of maturity given their past.

Technically the tenno are multiple centuries old.  They where in cryo sleep.  But even before they where on ice.  They spent years being trained and experimented on by the orokin. Mentally they are not children.

They are also not normal humans.  Thier void powers break the laws of physics and reality itself.  They are potentially all powerful so long as they retain control.

Its implied thier memories are slso damaged.

Consider what transference is.  They should technically be able to take on whatever physical form they wish at will.  So if they overhaul the tenno creator.  We should be able to select an obvious gender and age.  Give us proper sliders to customize every pixel.

I personally would prefer to be able to use skins on our zaws/kitguns.  But since de coded them poorly it's not possible.  At least as far as they told us.

Well i have the powerful moduler weapons i loathe their models and rarely use them.

I agree with your thoughts on the tenno changes as well.

Edited by (PS4)Kakurine2

Wait did you say Lightsabers?

*proceeds to upvote*

Could be tied to a school i suppose , they are severely lacking in any means of melee damage and those void blasts are ... equivalent to farts ,

I could totally look forward to making my own light saber with custom lens and crystals to determine the colour and type of energy blade i get.

Absolutely,

Why stop at lightsabers? Why not wrist blades, or amps that channel void energy in such a way that you can do martial arts moves with them?

There's also plenty that can be done to differentiate Operator Melee from Warframe Melee, especially to avoid losing their 'spiritual power vs physical power' dualism they have with Warframes. Instead of a physical dodge, what about a short-ranged blink? Similar to Vergil's dodges depicted in this video:

vor 31 Minuten schrieb Loza03:

Why stop at lightsabers? Why not wrist blades, or amps that channel void energy in such a way that you can do martial arts moves with them?

I'm sure a tenno isn't as strong as a warframe and thus would'nt be able to pull of any combos. They could maybe carry a dagger or something like that but definitely not real swords. Also human form really never did any sports or exercises, thus they must be pretty weak which results in them not being able to carry nikanas or other swords. Look at the duviri paradox trailer and observe how much struggle our dark sector protagonist has trying to pick up that tigris.

9 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Wait did you say Lightsabers?

*proceeds to upvote*

Could be tied to a school i suppose , they are severely lacking in any means of melee damage and those void blasts are ... equivalent to farts ,

I could totally look forward to making my own light saber with custom lens and crystals to determine the colour and type of energy blade i get.

Absolutely,

well the mod polarities are based off the focus schools so by that point just make an umbral focus school

I wouldn't mind a barrage of close quarters Tenno martial arts.

I've always appreciated hand to hand when available.

Off topic. I think hand to hand its offered an entirely different experience throughout the Elder scrolls series. In particular. The loss of "touch spells" was unfortunate, but in one particular story it describes a warrior who would ignite his hand to a white hot color, and thrust his hand through his opponents.

38 minutes ago, Eklectus said:

Yeah, so how do you propose we deal with Eidolons if we can't shoot our voidstuff?

It's for duviri not plains of eidolon 

Because the opperator can't sustain a void beam the sword is a neat replacement 

I think I might be one of the few people against this idea.

But you know, maybe the possibility of melee weapons for our adult operator would be a little brighter. I expect they'll be more physically capable then the kids, although seeing the guy in the trailer desperately digging for a shotgun didn't help convince me.

The issue wasn't that we couldn't use our void beams, my running theory is that we had no access at all to void powers in the adult state, for whatever reason.

I do like the idea of energy blades and melee weapons, but for our operator? Until I see how the adult Operator functions and plays, I'd still be a little split on the subject. For now, I'm not convinced that they would be able to keep up with the agility and skill of warframes.

1 hour ago, Snydrex said:

The issue wasn't that we couldn't use our void beams, my running theory is that we had no access at all to void powers in the adult state, for whatever reason.

It could also be that inside the void, void beams don't function. (maybe the towers in the void are shielded in some way) or it could be mental block again like during the war within or it could be something totally new that's blocking us from using them.