Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mag's Magnetize, A Polarizing Experience

Lahared

The release of The Jovian Concord brought two-tone energy. Mag's Magnetize during this time had two-tone on the outside of the bubble, not inside of it. I preferred this. Updates and hotfixes since, this has been switched. Upon testing, I thought it was fixed with the new rendering that The Old Blood brought. It wasn't. It worked once when I went to Hydron and then subsequent attempts after, it didn't. I originally thought being host effected this, but it doesn't. I hope this isn't an intentional change.

A friend from chat who I spoke to about this came along and used the same energy colors as me to help demonstrate the blandness the colors this ability has when it does not function properly or consistently.

A suggestion, if you will: Could dual energy be a toggle? To elaborate, someone prefers a different visual, and would as above, prefer Mag's or any Warframes ability energy colors to be swapped on cast. Basically, dual energy on the outside instead of in or vice versa at will. This setting would likely be near or in-between the random or default colors in the arsenal.

Not sure if anyone will see this post, but thanks. For examples, see pictures posted by those that have replied to this post. Specifically, this one:

Edited by Lahared

From what I understand Lahared is saying, Mag's magnetize bubble used to (and sometimes still does)  have a two-tone bubble colour.

Right now the bubble is a single tone - the squiggly energy lines INSIDE the bubble use the other tones.

See below with a Dark blue / Bright Red. The bubble is ONLY dark blue, the energy lines are bright red.

7966866834DA63AEC7BD7D33D7352B558A44CC9C

It seems it's working on my end for certain colors

Spoiler

https://imgur.com/a/iUXuTN9 

Blood reds and turquoise, and then inverted as primary and secondary respectively

In the number of games I played with my usual, it worked. However, the moment I switched to similar colors to the OP it ceased as if I didn't pick more than one color. 

Spoiler

https://imgur.com/a/EKjl34x

For reference, the colors were orange and rose, primary and secondary respectively. 

In theory, from what I remember of a devstream some odd weeks ago, they were tuning the colors and lighting on some maps, so it could be that it's globally effecting colors used on the tiles and map as a whole, and tuning down the problematic colors for the entire game. And I noticed that it's also effecting polarize to a lesser degree, where it's basically invisible unless it touches objects like walls or enemies. 

Not sure how many more Mag players there are, but the more color variety we can see not working the more likelihood it gets fixed properly. 

Update: Actually, no. Once it bugs, at least in one sitting, it never stops bugging. After trying a few colors, I swapped back to my original colors just to see it not become noticeable at all, ever again. 

Spoiler

https://imgur.com/a/42W3ktN

I cannot remember all of the colors I used, but the last one was exactly the same as the first yet there is no two-toning at all on the bubble itself. 

Edited by ShichiseitenYasha

On 2019-11-15 at 11:24 PM, ShichiseitenYasha said:

Update: Actually, no. Once it bugs, at least in one sitting, it never stops bugging. After trying a few colors, I swapped back to my original colors just to see it not become noticeable at all, ever again. 

I'd like to add that customization slots untouched after the update, concerning Mag, magnetize dual energy did work on the outside and as stated above after altering anything? in particular in regards to the slot, it ceased functioning.

Still not fixed as of Update 26.1: Rising Tide.

Still hasn't been fixed or addressed as of Update 27: Empyrean.

Hey, @[DE]Momaw, this was the post I was referring to in chat today.