Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Melee Riven Crit Suggestion

Intotsu

In scouring the forums and reading various topics after the update, I have read and understood the frustrations that people are currently having with the changes to blood rush, and how it affects only base crit chance as opposed to modified crit chance as it did before.

Now, I am one who generally thinks that the three mods that got nerfed needed paring down. However, I understand the frustration of people who have spent a huge amount of time, resources, and maybe even plat, just to be essentially screwed over by these changes. I also dislike the fact that it removes the incentive to want crit chance as a stat on a riven in the first place, as well as making the base crit mods essentially useless by comparison.

So my solution is as follows: What if, we made normal (non combo-scaling) crit chance mods and crit chance rivens scale increase modified crit chance (thereby improving the effects of the now additively scaling Blood Rush Mod) but reduced/capped the amount that it can improve it by (less than +100%?) so that it doesn't go overboard?

This incentivizes the use of rivens for crit chance again, while making it work better with blood rush for more advanced players, and additionally make it not unbalanced by providing a larger cap.

Just a thought.

(For those who think this tips the scales way too heavily in the direction of crit weapons again [and it probably does to be fair] I do have a proposal for improving status weapons as well, but its a bit more... complex)

Edited by Intotsu

It’s dreadful. Melee wasn’t that powerful anyway, no warframe can sustain long enough for those big numbers to matter. I think what they have done is disgusting. If you play the game like 99% of people, these mods do not give you any advantage, you can melee enemies in one hit with a basic modded weapon and also with a supercharged riven weapon with blood rush etc, it doesn’t effect gameplay at all.

Even covert lethality was slow. Walking around in a basic mission one shooting enemies is not helping you with the objective, nor keeping you alive, it isn’t taking fun away from others. 

5 minutes ago, (PS4)FK2P said:

It’s dreadful. Melee wasn’t that powerful anyway, no warframe can sustain long enough for those big numbers to matter. I think what they have done is disgusting. If you play the game like 99% of people, these mods do not give you any advantage, you can melee enemies in one hit with a basic modded weapon and also with a supercharged riven weapon with blood rush etc, it doesn’t effect gameplay at all.

Even covert lethality was slow. Walking around in a basic mission one shooting enemies is not helping you with the objective, nor keeping you alive, it isn’t taking fun away from others. 

Personally, this solution is not for me, I had barely discovered the power of Condition Overload/Bloodrush for about a month or so before these changes, so the loss of power is not really felt as much by me.

I just understand the frustration people have of seeing "Oh look, now my really good riven with +125% crit chance is rendered useless because it doesn't compare to the +720% (60x12?) crit chance that Blood Rush provides at max combo level and they both multiply off of base crit chance." 

It is the only reason I suggested this. Personally, I've been having fun regardless with a lot of the changes, and have made and will make suggestions for those which I have not enjoyed. I empathize with their frustration, and want to propose some sort of solution, if possible. 

Bloodrush is the problem. It effectively makes all other +crit mods completely useless when compared to the potential +660CC bonus bloodrush provides. Slide CC also doesn't "stack" like we were told it was going to, making it also useless.

Edited by ADDpillz
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, ADDpillz said:

It effectively makes all other +crit mods completely useless when compared to the potential +660CC bonus bloodrush provides.

You need 5x or 6x multiplier for Blood Rush to match Sacrificial Steel, which isn't necessary with, say, a Life Strike build that focuses on heavy attacks. They all have  their uses, and allow for more varied play styles to be viable, which was the point.