Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to build an Anti-Lich weapon?

Kethus

Question

Why does the top build barely tickle a Lich weak to Heat, but the bottom one absolutely shreds a Lich weak to Corrosive? If it was just the status chance, then one hit from the Corrosive one wouldn't outright destroy their shield in one shot and take some of their health too.

wOoDnjE.png

10 answers to this question

Don't expect to one-hit kill a Lich with anything. A decently ranked Lich will take several hits before going down. My fully ranked Tigris Prime needs at least 8-10 shots to down a full health bar of a rank 5 Lich. You'll need to work for that kill even with the absolute best gear.

That said, I'd still recommend Tigris Prime for good hit and run tactics and great chunk damage.

Damage increase powers do work on the Lich. As a Nezha main, I always use my Chakram before attacking. Adds a lot of DPS to my attack and allows me to deal with the Lich quicker. Think about damage amplification powers. Rhino and Nezha are two very viable picks for Lich Hunting thank to their tankyness and damage buffs provided.

Check the weaknesses again by the way, it tends to vary from one Lich to another.

Edited by D20

If they're two different liches, I would not automatically assume this is a fair comparison. It might be that one has a stronger defense or the other lower armor.

If solo I just use Ivara / Loki and my Rubico. In a group it's either Nyx and crit melee or whatever-frame and Rubico / Synapse.

Rubico and Synapse built for crit, since nothing procs on Liches.

I feel like high alpha guns work better than high dps ones, but I've only tried a few of each and I generally prefer high alpha, so might just be a confirmation bias.

56 minutes ago, Kethus said:

I think I found it. Apparently all Liches have ferrite armor that's weak to Corrosive and their weakness is applied to their flesh, so you have to strip the armor first for the weakness to matter.

I also figured that out. I was fighting my last Lich who was weak to Blast and it was slow going, even with the Tigris Prime(definitely not the best but it works, haha) and my Rattleguts. Both with Blast, the Rattleguts with heavy Blast damage.

The next time I fought the same Lich, I had heavy Corrosive damage on the Rattleguts and it was night and day different.

Just another victim of armor scaling, I think.