Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion: Endurance meter for movement in conclave

AceAl24

Hi!

I play allot of PvE in WF, now I tried about the Conclave mode, and I think for players with somehow normal reaction capabilities its no fun at all (most “good” PvP players use bugs/cheats  anyhow).

Jumping around like a monkey, and shooting around like crazy and in-between try to dive bomb someone who also jumps around like crazy is at least not beginner friendly.

My suggestion would be to restrict movement with a gauge/bar (like an endurance meter)…
.) So when standing still it goes up
.) when you move it goes up a little slower
.) when you run it fills up really slow (or stops)
.) For jumps or rolls it uses some of the energy
.) For bullet jumps or dive attacks it uses most of the energy

With this mechanic you can use a lot more different tactics on pvp then the "dance monky".

I think a melee only map could also be fun when the movement/endurance gauge has a good balance.

regards
AceAl

35 minutes ago, AceAl24 said:

My suggestion would be to restrict movement with a gauge/bar

The problem, as others have stated before so they deserve all the credit, is that this becomes a resource to manage that veteran players are going to be much better at managing.

The real issue is that if you take everyone who had that level of technical skill to fly about and aim like gods in the same groups and separated them from the group that does "meh" with the parkour system, it'd be fine. The movement really just creates a higher skill ceiling. What makes it not beginner friendly is that new players are tossed in with those types who are used to that advanced movement and there's not really any sort of noob tube or equivalent therein.

The skill ceiling isn't the problem. The fact nobody built the house with any floors in-between is.

4 minutes ago, Xaero said:

I wouldn't even mind a similar system in PvE part (yeah, I know it's an unpopular opinion).

Unfortunately, PvE is very much about going fast and given it's become such an integral part of the game (and its history, cf Coptering), it's unlikely to catch on even in the developer side. Which is kind of a shame because, well, ninjas. There's precedent and possibility to have slower and more methodical gameplay, at least in some missions. They just, don't.

14 minutes ago, Genoscythe said:

We already had this in Warframe. It got removed because of how much it slowed down gameplay and how unpopular it was.

Stamina limited running and wall-running, melee hits depleted its bar but but it didn't restrict melee. It served no purpose. I'm talking about limiting moves like bullet-jumping and void-dashing which allow you to easily escape any dangerous situation and also devalue other means of movement.

Edited by Xaero

Screw having a stamina bar... 

DE just have to add Skill-Based Matchmaking (SBMM) and some BETTER REWARDS. That way new players to conclave won't get wrecked, and the good players can keep playing how they like.

And then hopefully the better rewards will bring in the players base that SBMM needs.

A stamina bar could work as long as it address the actual problem with movement: in-combat vs out-of-combat mobility. 

A stamina bar should be something that punishes the hit-n-run strategies that are so prominent in free-for-all. But it shouldn't punish people who are just trying to fight.

Also, top players aren't abusing bugs or cheating. Don't know where you hot that from but if you have proof someone is cheating then report them to Customer Support.