Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vengeful Charge Ephemera Noise

Silvertap

I had to hunt almost 30 lichs to get my Vengefull charge ephemera, and don't get me wrong, i liked doing it, but when i got it i just coudn't use it, the eletricity sound is unbearable, remove this ephemera sound, pls. Don't fix it, remove it, ephemera shouldn't really make noises right?

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, -AI-Silvertap said:

ephemera shouldn't really make noises right?

Who says so?  DE were probably trying something different as Ephemeras are relatively new and they're trying to figure out what exactly they should be.  It should be obvious they're gonna try more interesting aspects of what an ephemera could be even based on the NW infested Ephemera.

13 minutes ago, -AI-Silvertap said:

Don't fix it, remove it

If something is broken then a fix should be attempted before casting the feature away, and in this instance who even says it's broken.  And since it's purely personal preference, why not a toggle rather than removal?  Just because you don't like it this way doesn't mean everyone else feels the same, and since it doesn't affect gameplay it should simply be a player option.

• Like 4

I see your opnions, but have u guys tryed it? It is a freaking buzzing noise all the time.

Ephemeras are things that are with the frames all the time, making then doing noises doesn't sound a smart idea for me, at least make an option to remove ephemera sounds then...

• Like 1

14 hours ago, -AI-Silvertap said:

I see your opnions, but have u guys tryed it? It is a freaking buzzing noise all the time.

Ephemeras are things that are with the frames all the time, making then doing noises doesn't sound a smart idea for me, at least make an option to remove ephemera sounds then...

No I haven't tried it, and I know that I'd never hear it even if I did have the Ephemera because I don't like 90% of in-game audio and have everything in-game set to only barely be audible above my music.  That still doesn't mean it should simply be removed or "fixed".  People are different than each other so I'm almost certain there'll be someone out there that likes the additional audio, hence the suggestion for it to be a player option.

Edited by Jiminez_Burial
  • Like 1

On 2019-11-14 at 4:23 AM, Xaero said:

I like the idea of ephemeras with sound, no need to remove it, all we need is a toggle.

Toggles are always a nice option. That, or adding a "Player Ephemera" slider in the Audio tab, so the ephemera's sfx can be noticeable without being obtrusive.

(Bonus points if it only mutes our own ephemera, without affecting other players'. It's only obtrusive because it's an endless buzzing noise right in front of the camera.)

Dunno about you guys,  but i agree with Silver here.  Simple toggle will not solve the issue.

Constant sound is not a good idea at all.....because annoying, constant noise is just not good for health.    Sht were used for tortures even. 

And i dont really want other players to produce any constant noises either.

It should play extra sound only during certain actions AND be a toggle. Then it will be fine.    But is it worth?

• Like 1

On 2019-11-14 at 9:19 AM, -AI-Silvertap said:

It has a nasty habit of buzzing some times even when you are not currently using that ephemera. I feel your pain.

Oh good, I'm not the only one with this issue.

Yeah, ephemera sounds need a toggle of some sort. Maybe in the options menu? Anyway it does put a damper on an otherwise amazing design. Its particularly bad when you've worked with electricity IRL, in which case this sound is one of the last things you want to be hearing.Also the sound loop has a bad habit of getting stuck, so you just keep hearing it until you reset your game.

Overall nice idea, bad implementation.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Am 14.11.2019 um 11:52 schrieb -AI-Silvertap:

I had to hunt almost 30 lichs to get my Vengefull charge ephemera, and don't get me wrong, i liked doing it, but when i got it i just coudn't use it, the eletricity sound is unbearable, remove this ephemera sound, pls. Don't fix it, remove it, ephemera shouldn't really make noises right?

Should be toned down instead of removed.