Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Booster being storable and self activated

Asadgunz

Hello, I would like to propose a chance to how the Boosters in the game are activated. Instead of instantly, give us the option to just store it in inventory. When the time comes that I really want that money/exp boosters, I can activate one at my own free will and spend the time lvling up or farming. I generally feeled forced to play when I get those boosters in Sortie or events instead of playing what I want.

Edited by Asadgunz
  • Like 3

vor 1 Minute schrieb Catacomb:

What about any other booster from the game though?

When you really need one, you can always buy one. It's kind of needed to keep the families of DEs employees fed.

Sure, it's kind of annoying to have to feed your children, but that's just the way it is.

The free boosters are only a small freeby that you shouldn'r relay on.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Asadgunz said:

Instead of instantly, give us the option to just store it in inventory.

You are awar that these Booster then will be drastically cut? Like Login Booster lasting about 30 minutes after activation, because of convenience.

I'll back up Walkampf here:

49 minutes ago, Walkampf said:

When you really need one, you can always buy one

3 days Booster are cheap af

1 hour ago, Walkampf said:

When you really need one, you can always buy one. It's kind of needed to keep the families of DEs employees fed.

That is such a disingenuous argument I'm willing to call it hypocritical. Oh, poor struggling indie dev DE, however will those 300 people working out of a major studio they own feed their families if reward players weren't forced to waste Reward Boosters dropped at the end of a playsession. I mean, it's not like they're selling a $80 pack with all the new items. It's not like they're selling power and monetising frikkin' every part of the game from "time savers" to drops to resources to crafting and beyond. It's not like Warframe is a massively lucrative business. Give me a break.

Major corporations don't need defenders, and Digital Extremes ARE a major corporation - even if they like to project a "small indie" vibe. They make enough money to feed a massive studio, they don't need their own playebase defending anti-consumer monetisation practices.

• Like 1

Due to the random nature of *when* I get these booster drops, they generally go unused. The last booster I got was a credit booster while I was running spy vaults to level up some new weapons. I wasn't going to stop leveling my weapons to go run the Index to make best use of that booster... no, I got one or two more spy missions with an extra 10k credits. Woo-hoo. (/s)

The problem herein is that these drops are considered really good and rare... but they end up being lackluster and anticlimactic. As such, if they're a "reward" from sorties, it's like a sucker punch to my gut that I essentially got "nothing." So much so, that they're never a motivating factor for me to "go for them." If I find a rare chest that has a booster... it's like, oh, joy... no landing craft piece, and a booster... that's gonna be wasted (usually because it comes right when I'm finished for the night... that's RNG for ya.)

It's almost the same deal with the daily login bonus stuff... these days, (after  650 logins today), I get 22hr boosters... but they hit at 6pm my time, and that's generally 3 hrs left in my night, and then work the next day, and then it's gone by the time I get home from work.

The problem with purchased boosters is that most of that time goes unused. They're certainly not worth even so-called "cheap" prices. Over 3 workdays, I'd get at most, 9-15hrs worth of use out of one (the high end being if I neglect other things like cooking and cleaning and watching TV and other "things" I'd normally do.)

I'd be happier if there were a new version of booster that got stored like an item in the gear wheel. (30min-1hr duration), that could be used strategically, to get the most use out of it... and not just be wasted by time ticking away when I'm unable to play, or doing something else that doesn't benefit from the booster. (The original boosters would be unchanged and still available, this is something new.)

1 hour ago, Gaxxian said:

I prefer much shorter free boosters (from 9hours -> 1 hour or 3 days -> 12 hours) and then turning them into activatables.

I second this 1000 times over, most of the time it goes unused especially the login one.

I get login rewards at mid night and thats when I usually go to bed during the week. So either I stop playing before midnight, and why would DE want that. Or it goes to waste(there are some exceptions ofc) because I need to get up early next day (Unless it happens on weekends which it never does but I still need to sleep).

It also happens with the rest, over 50% of the time it goes to waste (usually) because you need to eat/sleep/have a life and not use it.

In fact instead of activatable It should just be a toggle so that I can do other stuff in game and not just have to "farm" with the booster,this will never happen because it would just be too good for the player and his time/life management in general, but a lot of gamers work and have a life (I hope...).

Instead of 3 days which is more like 36 hours at best (if you take out sleeping eating and life) give us 16 hours worth of time booster so I can use it in a weekend of my choosing (4 hours in the mornings and 4 hours in the afternoons) and still enjoy the game and other content in the same time!

Edited by ciTiger

The only time boosters are desirable is during a mission. So why is it that when I'm out of a mission, my booster timer is winding down? I don't care how short DE makes the booster, but just let it activate DURING missions only and not outside missions. On a side note, I do want a 4 hour affinity booster in the Market. One hour isn't worth it for DE in plat. I mean who the hell spend three days total leveling up gear?

• Like 1

hace 15 horas, ciTiger dijo:

In fact instead of activatable It should just be a toggle so that I can do other stuff in game and not just have to "farm" with the booster,this will never happen because it would just be too good for the player and his time/life management in general, but a lot of gamers work and have a life (I hope...).

In other games, they arent activatable but the timer only runs when u are online. So if u close the game, u retain ur time. Thats another good solution.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gaxxian said:

In other games, they arent activatable but the timer only runs when u are online. So if u close the game, u retain ur time. Thats another good solution.

Closest to a toggle without being a toggle because it forces you to play for the booster and not "enjoy" the game.

I'd prefer a toggle like I mentioned but that said it's still better than the current implementation.

• Like 1

hace 40 minutos, ciTiger dijo:

Closest to a toggle without being a toggle because it forces you to play for the booster and not "enjoy" the game.

I'd prefer a toggle like I mentioned but that said it's still better than the current implementation.

Yeah, me too. But its a midway compromise that improves the existing functionality without eliminating the business factor for DE.

The worst problem is, internet outage, power outage, computer dies, or server problems. All while boosters always ticking down, unable to play. Can't do anything but watch the booster go away and disappear as timer never pause.

I will really like it if boosters automatically pause when not online.

• Like 1