Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Toxic lash steals focus from melee weapons?

(PSN)kingofkings88

Question

Hello guys, i was wondering if saryn with her 3rd ability toxic lash and a focus lens installed on her could "steal" focus from a melee weapon, cos i did some ESO recently and i noticed that when i activate Toxic lash my melee weapon take less points (got zenurik on my zaw and naramon on saryn) can i clarify me this doubt? Thanks

8 answers to this question

Warframe-power kills award Affinity directly (100% to the Warframe) without any further distribution, fully converting the Focus through the Lens attached on to the Warframe.

direct quote from wiki
Toxic lash counts as a warframe power
If you don't use powers to kill it will be 50/50

Edited by vegetosayajin

I don't know. If you want to find out, solo Phorid and kill him once with Toxic Lash and once without: taking care to avoid other enemies in the level. For example, unequip any companions. This will give you trials with a fixed amount of affinity going toward each case. Then you should be able to see a difference in the mission summary. 

in theory, it should be counted as weapon kill:
- rhino's roar buffs weapon skills, everything, killing with that buff active add affinity based on what you used to kill
- nova's molecular prime now (after becoming what it is now) consider what weapon was used to kill the enemy to give affinity and add after-effects fro what you used to kill (like Acid Shells from Sobek)
- elemental augment (volt, saryn, oberon...) from 1st skill counts as an mod, so it killing should count as weapon kill

but looking at wiki, toxic lash apply another instance of toxin damage, instead of working like an mod, so... maybe it can count as warframe kill if its that damage that kill that enemy
probably its better ask for others about it

8 hours ago, (PS4)Zamirinism said:

I just want to say that I thought that if you kill an enemy with a warframe power, 100% of the xp goes to the frame, but if you kill it with a weapon, 25% goes to the frame and the rest is spread among equipped weaponry.

Close.

If someone else kills the enemy, you get XP from an objective, or anything else that falls under the "general case", your warframe gets 25% and the rest is spread across equipped weapons.

The specific cases have been explained above.