dyewithasmile

DE chrolls, game info, and quickthinking

you Clearly have no idea how upsetting it is to be returned to your frame from operator without knowing why. when a new person uses quicthinking how are they supposed to know that being in operator while your frame has an ongoing power will allow that frame to recive dmg? how does this game convey that when in operator your frame is invulnerable? i dont use umbral excal becuase your bot gets him and me killed (i refuse to umbral cheese) Now! Just Now!, thanx to iwolply youtuber did i find all this out... im mr 27 and Curse everytime i use my melee only excal in floods when apparently some flame or toxin proc keeps returning me to my frame and i have no way of knowing why, even now knowing i wouldnt know specifically at that time what the dmg source was... or will be again...How is that acceptible to you as a person?... i then go to semlar.com death logg to find out why becuase i CANT IN GAME but it dosnt log quickthinking "deaths" and i never thought to check that mod... HOW WOULD I have thought to check??? this is 1 of many ways DE chrolls. Convince me to trust you!! why would having a power on change dmg done to a frame while in operator? is there or will there be a Major in my face story explination so as not to obfuscate this? you know whats similar is hitting an enemy melee user and having them parry 100% success and while vitrified and while blinded and while frozen and... the only way i know about that is i saw a dev stream when it was asked of scott and he said that it was so they dont spin 2too much and have to think... OK fine... BUT WHERE DOES THE GAME OUTLINE PARRY RULES? if it dosnt is that chrolling?????? sooooo i have to hold f ahead of time now then hold right click when they swing? and if im using a combo like shattered village or cleaving whirlwind and they have melee im just supposed to accept that i cant avoid their parry ?  SCOTT???? hello your attitude is showing!!! and i have HAD IT with how often im trolled in this game... BEyond had it

• Haha 6

16 minutes ago, dyewithasmile said:

semlar.com death logg

iwolply youtuber

this is 1 of many ways DE chrolls.

Have to agree with OP 100%.

for the record i like scotts hard line... in general. i like hard game play. i dont like any "stick it to the gamers" attitude. i like to go for 30-60 min missions consistently. i dont post enough about what i like about the game. i think the game is in my top 5 of all time.

I got that the game doesn't outline many of it's machanics and some of the more obscure ones, like the warframe taking damage if you have an ongoing ability while you're in operator form, are not spelled out and illogical unless you've been following the updates very closely. You're correct, the game has many poorly described mechanics that you'll need to find out yourself as there is no reason to suspect many of them exist. Sorry, that's Warframe.

I'm going to take a guess that this is not a native english user and Chrolling is Trolling. Or this is one of those leet speakers using a brand new term I've never heard of. Kinda doubt the second option.

• Upvote 2

vor 50 Minuten schrieb dyewithasmile:

you Clearly have no idea how upsetting it is to be returned to your frame from operator without knowing why. when a new person uses quicthinking how are they supposed to know that being in operator while your frame has an ongoing power will allow that frame to recive dmg? how does this game convey that when in operator your frame is invulnerable? i dont use umbral excal becuase your bot gets him and me killed (i refuse to umbral cheese) Now! Just Now!, thanx to iwolply youtuber did i find all this out... im mr 27 and Curse everytime i use my melee only excal in floods when apparently some flame or toxin proc keeps returning me to my frame and i have no way of knowing why, even now knowing i wouldnt know specifically at that time what the dmg source was... or will be again...How is that acceptible to you as a person?... i then go to semlar.com death logg to find out why becuase i CANT IN GAME but it dosnt log quickthinking "deaths" and i never thought to check that mod... HOW WOULD I have thought to check??? this is 1 of many ways DE chrolls. Convince me to trust you!! why would having a power on change dmg done to a frame while in operator? is there or will there be a Major in my face story explination so as not to obfuscate this? you know whats similar is hitting an enemy melee user and having them parry 100% success and while vitrified and while blinded and while frozen and... the only way i know about that is i saw a dev stream when it was asked of scott and he said that it was so they dont spin 2too much and have to think... OK fine... BUT WHERE DOES THE GAME OUTLINE PARRY RULES? if it dosnt is that chrolling?????? sooooo i have to hold f ahead of time now then hold right click when they swing? and if im using a combo like shattered village or cleaving whirlwind and they have melee im just supposed to accept that i cant avoid their parry ?  SCOTT???? hello your attitude is showing!!! and i have HAD IT with how often im trolled in this game... BEyond had it

*Lotus voice*
Tenno, there seems to be an incoming message. I will try to decrypt it:

[NOTE: The following is a rough "translation" of the stuff you wrote so people might understand your problems a little bit better. I hope I get most of it right...because even for me it is hard to understand everything^^')

You are not aware of how upsetting some situations in this game can be. For example:
I am MR 27 & did not know that my Warframe can be damaged when I am in Operator-mode and activated an ongoing-ability of my Warframe before switching to my Operator.
I personally do not use Umbral Excalibur because i do not like the pathfinding and actions of the AI. 
Thanks to the youtube "iwolply" I found this out. 

Furthermore I get damaged and sometimes even killed when I am with my Excalibur Warframe in an Infested Mission because some flame or toxic procs seem to hit me out of nowhere.
But I did not know at all which enemy exactly killed me or what exactly hit me. There is no way in game to find out right away what the source of the dmg was. 
This is for me not acceptable.

I have to use external sites like semlar.com to see what killed me because I could not see it ingame. But even there not every cause of death is listed.

To come back to my earlier topic: Why can my Warframe be killed while I am in Operator mode? Will there be a future explanation for this situation in an upcoming story quest or are there any other reasons for this in game? 
I have another similar problem in mind:
The enemies have a 100% chance to parry while vitrified/blinded/frozen and so on. The only way I know about that is because I saw multiple Devstreams and Scott was asked those questions. The reason behind it was so people wouldn't use the "spin2win"-tactic so often. Ok i get this.
But where does the game outline parry rules?
It seems like i have to use a specific key-combination but when i use certain melee-weapon stances i get blocked/stucked during the combo. So all that is left for me is to accept this?

I have the feeling that I am getting "trolled" by the game. I also think that Scott is accountable for this situation
Overall I would appreciate it when I find more information about certain Dmg&Death-situations ingame.

Thank you for your time.

Okay, all the fun aside, I hope this translation helps to get your point across^^'
@Sajochi , @Melanholic7, @(XB1)EternalDrk Mako maybe you can now start to discuss this or maybe you now understand what op wanted to say? still not 100% sure about it tbh xD

Now my opinion on this matter (all the other written stuff was, again i want to say that, not my point of view - just a translation of the stuff OP wrote):

DUDE, wtf is chrolling? I really do not know what you mean by that. (no clue at all...internet wasn't a big help on that word aswell 😕 )
try to calm down when you write things. Breaaath. And if you are breathing: Try to make your text look more fluid and natural. You got a wall. Noone will read that. You will just get comments like...well...like you can already see in your thread so far. Do not rant. 🙂 

I personally would like a more "on point" death-notification ingame too! Like you might know it from other games - most of the time pvp games like Battlefield: You see what player killed you with what weapon.
For Warframe I could imagine a similar message upon death, but maybe with more details
(So on Kill:  Enemy that caused the Death, Elemental-DMG active during Death, Distance between the thing that killed you and yourself)

That's all so far ❤️ 
Cheers,
Fabpsi~

Edited by Fabpsi
~penguins
  • Applause 6

...Please for the love of all that is good and just in the world...HIT THE BLOODY ENTER KEY.

• Applause 4

47 minutes ago, Sajochi said:

What the hell am I even reading?

A wall of text masquerading as a rant.

I agree with the 'parry' problem. It feels bad to be taken out of your fun combo just to do a stagger animation, and then repeat it again two more times because now the game seems to store keystrokes when doing melee, and then have to pull out a gun to shoot them because the only way to successfully break an enemy's parry with melee is heavy attacks (which would then make me deal no damage to them because all of my blood rush stacks are gone), which completely breaks the immersion and flow of the game, and really makes 'melee only' sorties feel very bad, when they used to be fun.

Solution: Make enemies only capable of parrying basic attacks (neutral combo, spin, air swipe, slam) and make tactical combos bypass parrying. Alternatively, just get rid of it altogether and accept that you already killed spin-2-win and that the only players still doing that are the ones that didn't get the memo.

Edited by -AoN-CanoLathra-

Цитата

Why can my Warframe be killed while I am in Operator mode? Will there be a future explanation for this situation in an upcoming story quest or are there any other reasons for this in game? 

Its an object. It can be destroyed,obviously. So this is fair. Its like destroying a tank,when its crew left. Nothing wrong with this.