Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The new update sounds bad

(PSN)chubbslawson

IKR...I've been reading and watching this update and I'm not going to lie, it has provided some hours of entertainment on the forums...but... I've decided to make lemonade out of lemons, and I'm just going to see how long I can go without engaging the kuva lich system.

Now the arbitration updates I'm looking forward to while Melee 3.0 Is something I'm not looking forward to at all, but I really use Melee to open crates on the run, so whatever.

The extra slot on weapons will be welcomed for my Daiku since a Ammo mutation is going on and it's already set to go.

Whew, this one has been a doozy and it doesn't bode well for Railjack...

Edited by (PS4)FriendSharkey

The problem is all the new flashy stuff they gave us is not covering up the sour taste left in our mouths after watching our favorite weapons/builds get nerfed to the absolute ground. Instead of creating new metas to compete with the old metas, they took the easy way out and literally obliterated every old melee meta that existed and brought us back to square one where we are building the same Speed + Bloodrush build across every melee weapon now. Tons of diverse melee builds that used expensive rivens to min/max are now useless and those rivens now worth fractions of what we paid for them. Yeah, I see people using melee weapons now that have been forgotten/overlooked, but build diversity for melee weapons overall is mediocre at best. Polearms, Dualswords, Fists, Scythes, Heavys, ect; doesnt matter. Just put on speed + bloodrush and spam E.

Litches are a cool concept but the moral for farming them is lost when you get a Litch with a duplicate weapon. Knowing you have to go through another 3hr grind just to get the chance to try again will cause you to lose interest fast.

The only good thing to come from this patch is weapon exilus slots, IMHO.

Edited by ADDpillz
  • Like 1

And how dated were said hundreds of remarks? Because the majority of complaints from the release of the update have already been solved and more changes are still coming.

Certainly it'll still release to console with some issues but you won't be seeing a fraction of what PC had.

i don't think it's all that bad. I have taken a long break from warframe after having nothing to really do. I know the grind is very intense for the kuva weapons, i.e. farm requiem relics, parazon mods, murmurs... then the 5 forma you need to max out the kuva weapon (it does not need 5 forma to be good, but it needs 5 forma to get to rank 40, like the paracesis). But it is refreshing to have something new to do in warframe that has its difficulty at a higher tier, and its grind great enough that we don't finish the new content in a day or two.

The melee rework, while the pure top end of melee weapon damage is worse. You have to look at the positives, the quick combo system is great, the damage tweaking to all the melee weapons has made a lot of weapons available for usage. So rather than just using zaws, you can use some of the weapons that have never been all that great, i.e. old MR fodder weapons can actually be used if you like them. For example, i've been using the reaper prime, after only ever using it for MR fodder, as the stances for scythes were pretty bad before, are now serviceable, and fun to use. The damage is good enough that most melee weapons can be used for all the content in the game lvl 100 enemies, no problem, lvl 200 enemies, it'll get the job done.

Some melee weapons that were previously pretty good, have become next level strong, i.e. nami skylar prime, lesion, nikana prime, orthos prime

Don't get me wrong, there are still a lot of work to be done. And the problems are there. The entry level for kuva lich farming is high. The time it takes to farm up the requiem relics and the parazon mods for killing the lich takes a while. But once you get into farming murmurs, which is time consuming in its own right, requiems drop enough that you never have to run kuva siphon or flood afterwards. The duplicate lich weapons can be frustrating for many, the more weapons you get, the harder it is to get the weapon you need. It would be great if we could clear that lich somehow, or trade that lich with someone else who needs it. Currently, you need to kill your lich to get rid of it, and cycle in the new one.

There has been a lot of negativity towards the recent update, and i think a lot of it has been blown out of proportion. The gameplay loop for farming kuva weapons is still solid. The difficulty is high enough, and i enjoy that it's really only accessible as a longer time player. It is a step in the right direction in terms of the future of the game, as long as DE cleans up and refines the process.

• Like 2

One of the biggest reasons why in the opening days of the melee change people thought everything was a huge Nerf is they completely broke the gladiator set mods that was a bug that was fixed.  Red crit melee builds are alive and well again.

I have a PC account I'm playing on that quite a bit testing various things really feels a lot better now and once you alter your builds a little bit you can do alot of dmg in some cases more then you could in the past.  The combos of everything feel much better now and doing certain combos In the chaos of the moment is much easier now.

I play on PS4 and PC and with a few exceptions I prefer melee 3.0 to the old system.  One of the exceptions is the old primal rage red crit wukong exalted build just doesn't work quite as well I think that mod might be broken as well, not sure though.

I like it. The weapons are pretty fun. The missions for liche hunting can be alright. Higher level then we are used to. There was some minor bugs that agitated me but overall I think you guys on console will have fun for a bit. Some of my old melee weps got nerfed but a whole lot of forgotten weapons are now really good and fun. You can wreak serious havoc now with just about any weapon that players would have laughed at you for having equipped before. 

Never buy into the Forum Drama Llama's. They complain about literally everything. Experience it for yourself and form your own opinion. It is the only way.

1 minute ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

That is not remotely true. Every mainline has its bugs and stuff. But a lot of issues with The Old Blood is the content itself and the way it was designed.

I just meant on the complaining part, but I must say I'm not remotely excited for Old Blood either. Ever since NW Intermission 2 II it feels like there's a lot of content with a lot of meaningless grind to it. Nothing new, but I don't recall a time in which so much content was released in such a bad fashion.

The new content is fun but some people cannot stand being interrupted so the opt-in makes sense. Melee 3.0 has been all buffs except for CO which got nerfed to be merely the strongest melee mod instead of meta breaking strong.

Heck, the heavy attacks can do some pretty crazy damage at this point so it doesn't even matter all that much, I was thoroughly surprised when I ran into a Nox hit him twice with a 4x multiplier, heavy attacked and killed him outright, for reference I had a Heat Dagger with an attack speed status riven. It isn't a blood rush weapon. So far, everything shy of a room filled with ancients during a... Kuva Flood Survival? Sortie Survival? Everything dies when I heavy attack it with any decent amount of multiplier. My friend hit a 6 million crit when he heavy attacked something in that same mission, he has all heavy attack speed and efficiency modifiers, he can almost constantly heavy attack and does so whenever something that can survive more than a single hit appears.

Heavy attacking seems like a really polished combat system so far and good alternative for people who just want to obliterate one thing every few seconds, which is about as often as you see a special unit like an ancient or Bombard or Tech.

hace 1 hora, (PS4)FriendSharkey dijo:

IKR...I've been reading and watching this update and I'm not going to lie, it has provided some hours of entertainment on the forums...but... I've decided to make lemonade out of lemons, and I'm just going to see how long I can go without engaging the kuva lich system.

Now the arbitration updates I'm looking forward to while Melee 3.0 Is something I'm not looking forward to at all, but I really use Melee to open crates on the run, so whatever.

The extra slot on weapons will be welcomed for my Daiku since a Ammo mutation is going on and it's already set to go.

Whew, this one has been a doozy and it doesn't bode well for Railjack...

Melee 3.0 is not for those hardcore melee players obsessed with pure dps and cleaning rooms with their spin to win macro, but for the average player, I would say it's awesome. Sure, it cut a bit of the top dps, but on the other hand, you get manual blocking back, which is a plus, some mod reworks, which are nice, slam and enemy juggling, tactical dodging and it makes all melee weapons viable. You can actually kill enemies of lvl 100+ with any weapon. Heck, I've been using my zenistar as a weapon instead of just as a disk dispenser (although I hate the disk neft). So, for the average player who rarely uses melee or uses it from time to time or as a complement, it's real good.

The extra slot is great, and it's basically aimed at those weapons with ammo problems. Just slap ammo mutation in it and problem solved.

The Kuva lich system is... bullsh*t. Plain and simple. Unless you're one of those few players that enjoy RNG based grind for hours on end, repeating the same sh*t over and over, you're not gonna like it. Basically, you'll have to repeat starchart missions over and over and over, killing some randomly spawning enemies ad nauseam to make your lich randomly spawn, to get a random mod combination to kill him by trial and error, to get his randomly generated weapon. On the meantime, your lich will kill you every time you fail the mod combination and he'll also steal your stuff. You'll have to farm kuva siphons to get a 50% chance to get 1 relic to get a random reward that might or might be not 1 of the 8 mods you need to kill the lich, and of course, you'll need all 8 mods. 

And then you repeat the whole process again to get the next weapon and pray it's not the same one 5 times in a row like some cases.

You know sh*t's bad when they had to enforce an opt-in feature just because a lot of players wished to never do a lich ever again.

Edited by ixidron92
  • Like 1

Regardless of whether one will enjoy the content and associated grind, OP's sentiment seems somewhat valid judging by the "drama lamas' of posts thus far. If the content was done well, there would be fewer of them.

DE is in a bind wrt consoles. Because they did not release the arbs/Gauss changes in the interim, there really was nothing else to do for seasoned players.

So now they have to release Old Blood in the unfinished state it is or else console players will complain more.

But in so doing, you can bet in the following days after console release, there will tons of similar posts complaining about the grind again. Did DE think this through?  Or are they not bothered and willing to take the heat until fixes eventually get released on consoles months later?

Time will tell...

• Like 1