Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Old Blood: Hotfix 26.0.7

[DE]Megan

For FX sake can you put in an ephemera intensity bar for the pet/sentinel ephemera bug please?

I really want to make a Smitachew and need the electric ephemera to really kick off!

Seriously.

I think you've dulled it down to much.

Or make it appear dulled down for other participants on my PC but in full effect for me.

To clarify: Dave on his pc has full wack but Jill, John and Jane don't on Dave's PC.

Jill has hers full wack on her PC  ut on her PC everyone doesn't.

Etc.

I'm not explaining it well but you get it.

Everyone on their own kit sees their own ephemera in full glory and not everyone else.

Phew!! 😥

20 hours ago, HolySeraphin said:

After 2 years I have NEVER used the heavy attack by accident, never, even when I'm mashing the button.

.....right. I dunno how you accidentally trigger this, some people say with increased attack speed they end up doing it by accident. However I really don't believe your attack speed has any influence over how long the button has to be held. Thanks DE for removing one more button I have to press, sword+gun when?

I've got to say, Valkyr is enjoying the new Sacrificial Steel. 

Unfortunately, Hysteria's combos don't compare to the other weapons. There's no forward lunge that I've grown to expect from (forward+block+melee), for example. All of her attacks feel very stationary and the only attack I can go in with is the old school slide attack.

As for heavy attacks coming back to (hold melee), I'm not sure whether it's me having more att speed or something else, but I occasionally accidentally heavy attack without intending to, immediately loosing my x12 combo that I need to maximize Blood Rush damage. Considering the changes to how combo works now and because it's all lost upon heavy attacks, could we get:

An option to disable heavy attack on (hold melee). If there already is an option for that, I could not find it.

Other than that, it's nice to see crit mods getting the so much needed buff, it's only unfortunate that it didn't apply to rivens as well, resulting in all melee crit rivens pretty much getting a nerf.

Please FIX LICH AGGRESSION! Just played together with a mate and you don't progress a Lich's aggression level if you do not share the same lich missions... which hardly ever will happen. So if I chose one of my missions, he won't get lich aggression and vice versa.

14 minutes ago, Gaikki said:

All this "sliding is a playstyle". No it isn't. It's called an exploit. 

DE added a slide move. DE added very powerful mods. That's not an exploit like for example finding a beneficial bug, that was exactly as DE made it to be. Sure it was OP. Sure DE regretted it. But they took an astounding amount of time to "fix" it if it was an "exploit". Compare that to other actual exploits that got fixed swiftly and people got banned. Sliding with melee is not an exploit. 

8 minutes ago, buSoreZ said:

This is a Joke right?

<snip>

It's not a joke, but it sure is funny (sorry).

The melee system is getting worse. Now with the lastest hotfix, i can't even build a decent enough combo counter because somehow i perform heavy attacks without intending?

You really need to drop this heavy attack crap. I'm sorry, but as far as i can see it's just causing problems left and right and has very little usefulness.

Lich trading looks good and I like the changes except the heavy attack is back with holding regular attack. I didnt care about it before but now I do play with combo counter and these accidental heavy attacks happens multiple times in a mission and that really slows me down. As we have toggle for not reloading when we spam use key (opening containers) could we get similar toggle for heavy attack? What is the point in 2 heavy strike buttons now? Thank you DE for reading and I do think you are doing progress towards better game with each update.

14 hours ago, FACKYEEE said:

PLS add in the options a slider , Hold to attack / Hold to heavy attack option. my LMB will highly appreciate that. now it works like accidentally hold lmb to reset my combo counter. a simple option in the menu with choice between HOLD TO ATTACK  and HOLD TO HEAVY ATTACK, this will fix all the issues with this, now i am afraid to press LMB to loose all my combo counter, with like 4.0 melee attack speed its almost impossible. TY

They should add in an autoplay option like the mobile games! I get tired of pressing buttons too especially wasd to move.

@[DE]Megan, the idea of Melee 3.0 is the fluidity of combat, right?

23 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

‘Hold Melee’ will now perform heavy attack like it did before Phase 2.

What were you guys thinking about including this particular bug on the Melee system? I'm not the only one that's having combat fluidity breaking because of this.

We can't perform our attack actions without having this bug triggering at random times. Just take it off already, or give us the ability to disable it through the Options menu. Having a different key to perform Heavy Attacks is the best thing to have, because using it is a willing choice we're making. We don't want the Melee system to include bugs, we want it to work as intended which is NOT with this particular feature included. Right now, it feels like the Melee system is working for players that are unwilling to use the separated Heavy Attack bind, instead of "as intended".

We don't need any pre-Phase 2 functionalities that do a lot more harm than good. I'm not the type of player to build my Melee weapons for attack speed (because its moronic to do so, at best, and its only purpose is to troll around) and I'm getting my experience ruined by that functionality. If the purpose of Melee 3.0 is to get rid of "the old", then this functionality has to go.

I'm sorry, @[DE]Megan. Its very rare for me to actually quote on someone from the Staff but I have to say it, this "addition" breaks combat fluidity. Best to take it out, and if that isn't going to happen, add an option in the options menu to disable it.

Thanks in advance for passing this to the rest of the Staff.

Thanks for the hotfix 

i am just wondering is there a way to toggel hold melee attack for heavy attack on and off because while it work great with gunblade however i offen get heavy attack in normal combo with other weapon and it reduce combo counter 

hace 23 horas, [DE]Megan dijo:

The Old Blood: Hotfix 26.0.7

Mod Changes:
The Critical Chance game has largely allowed Blood Rush to shine for active melee players, and with the ‘Steel’ series of Mods applying at the Base Critical Chance level, it’s led to players feeling they are obsolete. We are significantly buffing these Mods to give players a different option for Critical Chance builds. We want to give a more upfront Critical Chance and hard-hitting Heavy Attacks to builds that don’t rely on maintaining a high combo multiplier.

• True Steel increased from 60% to 120% Critical Chance (x2 for Heavy Attack) at Max Rank. 
  • Sacrificial Steel increased from 88% to 220% Crit Chance (x2 for Heavy Attack) at Max Rank. 

What about "True punishment" mod? I mean that pour one has only 40% chance, an not to common polarity and even and demerit, but still having less than an 1/3 of the new true steel

Thats really a true punishment for the pour mod

Stances/Redeemer: I haven't been able to play with all of them but High Noon specifically feels nice now. Opening with a shot from forward into the double shot from neutral provides a fun and effective loop. Combined with the awesome mod changes I feel like the Redeemer Prime now has really good options. Assuming the other stances got a similar treatment I am quite happy.

Ember/Vauban: Glad to see your adjusting the effects from the new skills. Performance improvements do some much for my overall experience and I hope you guys can find a good medium for these these skills. I feel like a little more could be done.

Can we bring back the multi hit combo from Gaia's Tragedy? The Forest's Remorse. currently it only does about 1/3 of the hits
While we're on the topic of stances, can we get a better sparring one...both are just bland as heck

2ndly the warframe mod Reflection still involves channeling
3rd Any plans to implement sorta what was done with the primaries with their adapter...allowing for an additional, while limited, mod slot. Simply have it as a category of *fun* there are numerous *meta* mods for top damage, a decent amount of mods to fill a certain niche or troll build. but for those that wanna try and do both there isn't enough room to get the concept of the idea or build in, while still doing relative damage.

4th - This is a rather big, yet simple, one i think. Changing the execute back to E. i dont really understand the point of changing a melee ability away from the melee key. Mercy i guess would be fine to stay on X. Although i dont see any negatives with moving that either. If the arguement is to keep it from interupting melee fluidity, i would simply disagree. It's a melee attack just like any other, the windows aren't always there to perform them. It's still a melee attack, it adds to the combo, it does more damage than a normal attack and give a brief moment of invuln while the animation plays out -- what im getting at is players will want to do it. But having to watch for the opening then swap keys hoping you're right is very much against the mindset of this game...being space ninjas are great at everything and can do everything. But being on a different key most players i'd imagine would just not even bother with it. The limited cc windows would go to waste and again i just cant see any negative with having the execute back on E.

Archived