Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Old Blood: Hotfix 26.0.7

[DE]Megan

2 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Converted Lich Trading is here: If you have a Converted Kuva Lich, you may trade them with another player who may be looking for a specific Kuva Lich Weapon or Ephemera. This system includes the use of a brand new Dojo Room inspired by the early ‘War Room’ design from the King Pin System! Liches can only be traded once - you cannot re-trade a Converted Lich past one person! 

That's all i needed to start farming kuva weapons, so how do i extract the weapon from the Lich?

Fixed Kuva Lich weapons that do damage on both impact and explosion (Kuva Ogris, Kuva Ayanga, etc) doing significantly less overall damage than expected. This was due to the Elemental bonus only being applied to the "on impact" of the projectile itself and not the explosion.

Ohohohoho...

the AYAYA, AYAYA Ayanga is going to be even more fun now.

1 hour ago, Delemy said:

Arcane Acceleration still has no effect while firing the Kuva Kohm.

Arcane Acceleration doesn't work on shotguns, yes, this is despite the text saying it works for "primary weapons".

It used to only work on rifles and still does, it might have something to do with Arcane Tempo, but I'm not sure, since that one is specific to shotguns and does work for them, but it's just objectively worse than Acceleration.

26 minutes ago, RWBY-WhiteRose said:

About the Ogris, ahem:

The stats were separated into “radial attack” and “impact” I believe. With that said while the explosion used to be the pure elemental damage and the impact used to be the IPS, it’s been separated out in the UI- which made them think it was the perfect opportunity to add IPS to the explosions from what I heard. So that might be the confusion. Someone complained about the Tonkor having a damage nerf earlier on in the thread but that got shut up fast

Thanks, that clears things up a bit. Sounds like a mistake, at least, I hope so. Weird feeling to read notes full of buffs to have my weapon deal less dmg. Patch just came out, tho, so it's not too big of a deal.

1 hour ago, IIDMOII said:

I still think the guardian set was nerfed too hard. You currently need a total of 4 separate mods equipped to get 40% crit bonus. Where as weeping wounds does 40% status bonus on a single mod. Something isnt right with gladiator set. Either that or it's broken.

Do you mean the gladiator set? It wasn't nerfed at all. Why are you comparing a crit set effect to a status on combo count mod?
It's a lot stronger than it used to be, and it's really strong now. 

Sacrificial Steel is nice for red numbers but because critical chance is additive to the last part of the blood rush calculation it is still only half as strong as having a normal Organ Shatter. With limited mod capacity this is an easy decision. 10k orange crits over 4-5k Fancy red crits. still can't get the good old 44K red crits from 165% blood rush.

Overall -  All crit builds were nerfed with the melee updates and this is a bandage on a gouge wound to settle players unrest on the issue.

I honestly ran hybrid builds and they were great fun and effective. The only changes I would like to see is blood rush go back up a little to 100% and or melee exilus slots so we can have an actual combo counter for melee without eating very limited mod capacity.

Kuva Lich Changes & Fixes

• Nothing to address the insane lich weapon RNG. Dropping from 1/13 chance to 1/12 chance is barely any improvement in RNG at all.
  • Nothing to address the mandatory "F**** you, you just plain lose" death mechanic when trying to kill a lich with the wrong combo
  • Nothing to address the fact that Liche's only really ever die once. When you kill the kuvaling. Every time after until you get the right Requiem they dont actually die.
  • Nothing to address the fact that well over half of the lich you get will rapidly become completely useless for upgrading weapons yet the system still forces the player to interact with them
  • Nothing to address the fact that aside from weapon collectors no one in their right mind is going to trade for a low rolled lich.
  • Nothing to address the fact that the lich system is COMPLETELY ISOLATED FROM THE REST OF THE GAME. They should be something the player runs into as they do other activities.
  • Nothing to address the fact that playing in a squad is hugely detrimental to trying to kill your own lich unless you get lucky and spawn yours first.
  • Nothing to address that the liches are missing 2/3 of the IPS elemental set and many other combo elements for no apparent reason.

• Nothing to address the massive life strike nerf (and the significant disadvantage this puts squishy melee warframes at.

Pet ephemera is pretty cool. Requiem recycling is decent but again another RNG slot machine.

Bug fixes are always appreciated.

@[DE]Megan thank the team for the fixes for me, it's good to have my kitty cured. (he wouldn't have turned into a vasca, right?)
Also, thanks for the other fixes, and adjustments to gunblade stances. Those were needed.
I do, however, have a question to pass on: even with the buffs, sacrificial steel falls behind blood rush. as was described to me, it is only roughly a 20% increase to use sacrificial steel alongside blood rush, where other mods do more for much less capacity. so the question there is...what happens to the elephant in the room?

Hey so mainly 2 things...

1. Please give an option to toggle off the "Hold e to Heavy attack". As with my bad connection, spamming e results in MANY unwanted heavy attacks, using my combo counter. 

2. Can we please have these buffs to ALL Crit chance melee mods? It's a great change, but it really needs to be made universal among all of them (True Punishment, Amalgam Ripkas True Steel, Maiming Strike(yeah, this should be made like 300% or something), and most Importantly... Rivens. Please, CC or Slide CC rivens need to be buffed to meet this standard)

Just wanted to add here. Possibly Buff Primal Rage to fall in line with these CC changes?

You probably are already working on 2, since it is a LOT to cover. And changing it for the two simplest mods in the category is a no-brainer to quickly implement and ship out before you get everything changed. I also really like the x2 multiplier for heavy attacks .

Ummm okay.. 2 additional things...

1. THANK YOU for the Crimson Dervish changes. It's back to packing the punch it lost after the changes.

2. Are there any plans on Updating +Status Chance mods? The ones that Only give +status. I think it could be seriously amazing to have a mod that only gives status chance, but it's a high value like +90%. It would honestly work out amazingly on lots of shotguns and overall it might make those mods useable.

Or... give them small values, but make it either a Flat additive value, or make it add to the Base Status chance of the weapon

Mod Changes:
The Critical Chance game has largely allowed Blood Rush to shine for active melee players, and with the ‘Steel’ series of Mods applying at the Base Critical Chance level, it’s led to players feeling they are obsolete. We are significantly buffing these Mods to give players a different option for Critical Chance builds. We want to give a more upfront Critical Chance and hard-hitting Heavy Attacks to builds that don’t rely on maintaining a high combo multiplier.

• True Steel increased from 60% to 120% Critical Chance (x2 for Heavy Attack) at Max Rank. 
  • Sacrificial Steel increased from 88% to 220% Crit Chance (x2 for Heavy Attack) at Max Rank. 

Please don't forget about True Punishment. That mod's languishing at 40% critical chance, and has a usefulness penalty as a tradeoff for objectively inferior crit chance compared to both of these mods.

While there's an argument that Sacrificial Steel should retain its superiority over True Punishment due to the resource investment, True Punishment should at least beat out True Steel considering it also has a negative and has similar resource investment.

It'd be nice to see it turned into a ten rank mod and become the metaphorical Blind Rage of crit chance mods, but wherever it goes it needs more than its minuscule 40%.

22 minutes ago, Madway7 said:

Arcane Acceleration doesn't work on shotguns, yes, this is despite the text saying it works for "primary weapons".

It used to only work on rifles and still does, it might have something to do with Arcane Tempo, but I'm not sure, since that one is specific to shotguns and does work for them, but it's just objectively worse than Acceleration.

Then I will accept a hotfix clarifying this in the description, so nobody goes through this again. :cool:

Back-to-back Duplicates - Your Kuva Lich will no longer have the same weapon twice in a row. While you may get a duplicated weapon down the road, your Kuva Lich will have a guaranteed different weapon than its immediate predecessor.

A step in the right direction, however only one step toward a destination that is miles away. Hopefully to be followed by other steps soon, or preferably by using a faster means of transport than walking at a pace of two steps per month.

To see how little difference this really makes, consider: To get the last weapon for your collection was a 1 in 13 chance or 7.7%. With this change it's now 1 in 12 or 8.3%. A whole 0.6% increased chance of getting what you want, wooow. I'm thrilled. Don't spoil us too much, DE!

Increased the chance of your Kuva Lich to have an Ephemera from 5% to 10%. Newly birthed Liches will have the 10% chance, while existing Liches will still be at 5%. Old Liches that are traded and "reactivated" will also be at 5%.

Wait, what? Does that mean that buying a lich with an ephemera will not in fact give me that ephemera guaranteed, it's still a 5% dice roll? Am I understanding that correctly or....?

‘Hold Melee’ will now perform heavy attack like it did before Phase 2.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Please, please, make this a setting. Please, please, let us hold the melee button to keep attacking. Why make us break our hands mashing the button over and over and over and over and over again?

Archived