Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Old Blood: Hotfix 26.0.7

[DE]Megan

8 minutes ago, SteveCutler said:

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Please, please, make this a setting. Please, please, let us hold the melee button to keep attacking. Why make us break our hands mashing the button over and over and over and over and over again?

Good god, yes. Having to press the melee button for every swing? What is this, Diablo 1? I thought we were, oh, more than 20 years past this kind of thing.

Though do keep this on gunblades.

The last attack in the Neutral Combo (Threshing Grain) is now the first attack, damage multipliers and combo points adjusted accordingly

I really don't like this Wise Razor change. The clean, deliberate "chop chop chop" part is my favorite combo. I don't think I can tolerate how the stance feels with the spin being upfront. The weapon doesn't have a neutral+tactical input, I feel like the spin (or the entire reversed combo order) could have been mapped there.

So u've got no plans to fix the thralls killing amount and let the grind stay there

The duplication patch is a hoax, it just makes a weapon from a lich from 1/13 to 1/12, didn't help anything at all, especially for those players who already collected 90% of the weapons

Also deal with the lich spawning, make the assassination available in the assassination node in each planet the lich controlled, so that i dun need to keep killing and keeping playing its controlled node just to make it spawn

Please also make the melee mode sticky.
It resets upon picking up an object. ie if you carry full melee and pick up a capsule, the Frame automatically pulls out the secondary.
It also resets upon dying. This doesn't exactly help in Kuva floods. You revive and are slammed into the ground in the next moment by those Kuva Guardians, because instead of blocking, I aim with my primary...

P.S. Only started on Lich stuff, so I haven't seen the end of it: Did a mission of a Lich node and he didn't take all my stuff Just about 200 of my 4000credits and similar small pieces from my resources. I hope that scales up...like seriously punishing scales up by the time the Lich is agitated. This feels totally fine to me so far. Pocket money and scraps for my "nemesis" is no threat.

17 minutes ago, SordidDreams said:

Good god, yes. Having to press the melee button for every swing? What is this, Diablo 1? I thought we were, oh, more than 20 years past this kind of thing.

Especially with the problems currently with high attack speed Spam E weapons. Where the current melee will have this nasty little attack breaker that stops your combo. Since it does checks before continuing into the next combo, if you havent hit e fast enough, itll make you start the combo over randomly,  which is highly annoying.. but not stupidly game breaking. Id still want some kind of fix though, whether it be a tweak in the code for more time leniency, or for a hold e to attack kind of thing.

But they seriously need to do something about the Heavy attacks on hold e. Atm Im getting heavy attacks firing extremely often, without even getting close to holding e. They need to make it a toggle, otherwise its a whole lot of wasted combo count without even intending to have used it 

I understand the move to increase the chance of critical chance to true steel because it was obsolete, but this is overkill and is gonna turn bloodrush obsolete on most builds.
Also, since we're here, the bonus of additional critical chance for heavies should go over blood rush and riven mods as well

3 hours ago, MirageKnight said:

I don't see any mention of fixes and solutions for the following bugs and issues in the update notes, so here's a polite reminder. Quite a few of these are long-standing issues and concerns that have been reported elsewhere by other players as well as myself. 

Bugs: 

- Ranged Stealth kills do not trigger the stealth kill XP bonus timer. This has been broken for more than a month.

- Baruuk's Desolate Hands' orbiting daggers will target and kill wildlife, including animals that have been tranquilized for capture as part of Conservation activities. This makes Conservation activities impossible to complete while Desolate Hands is active. 

- Weapons glitching occasionally when Baruuk switches out from Serene Storm. 

- Loss of sfx for Baruuk's orbiting daggers when they transfer to other players when playing as a Client.

- Host Migrations on Defense missions can randomly reset some player scores to zero while leaving one player's scores intact. This happens after players elect to leave or stay for the next set of waves. 

- Host Migrations NOT "pausing" the game at times, wherein enemies will still attack and do damage to the player. This has been an issue for years and it can be game-breaking. 

- Garuda's Talons switch to their "undeployed" animation state after performing a Stealth Kill, even if the Talons were previously "equipped".

- Kuva Floods still do not reward Requiem Relics all the time.

Balance / Gameplay-related Issues and Concerns: 

- A Lich ally's contribution to gameplay is largely insignificant. The Lich will only show up at random when player health is very low and will leave after only 2 minutes. Lich allies need to be far more reliable to justify the grind spent obtaining them. Make them a summon-able ally via a deploy-able beacon.

- Acquiring Grendel is incredibly and needlessly grindy and tiring. Players are not only forced to run numerous Arbitrations to get the needed amount of Vitus Essence (75), but they are also required to run lengthy level 40 Excavation, Defense, and Survival missions without the aid of mods, arcanes or the Operator. I'm guessing this was introduced to provide "challenge" for whiny, entitled try-hards and "veterans". This isn't providing "challenge". This is placing hardcore arbitrary restrictions / conditions and immense pressure on a player to succeed. Grendel's parts being guaranteed rewards doesn't justify forcing us into missions where we are completely stripped of any and all bonuses. As far as being a reward for our troubles, Grendel might be fun, but he is not worth the slog.

- Attempting a kill or conversion on a Lich nemesis with the Parazon without the right mod sequence or any mods should not result in the player dying, nor should it automatically level up the Lich. This is needlessly punishing. On defeat and a failed  "hack", the Lich should only initiate an emergency teleport escape so it can fight another day. In addition, the Lich should only be able to level up if it defeats the player in an actual fight. We level our weapons and 'Frames by defeating enemies. It should be no different with a Lich. When the Lich defeats a player, it teleports away and levels up. When it levels up, it only reclaims the nodes the player previously cleared out but doesn't spread further.

- Allowing Requiem mods to be rendered useless after 3 successful Lich kills / conversions fails to respect player time and effort and it's inconsistent with how all other mods work.

- Duplicate Kuva weapons are a bad thing and this needs to be properly addressed. This really doesn't seem to cut it but we'll see. When generating a Lich nemesis for a player, the game should do one of two things. The first would be to check for existing Kuva weapons in the player's inventory and only equip the Lich with a random weapon that the player does NOT have. This would to prevent instances of players winding up with duplicate Kuva weapons. If the player has all the Kuva weapons that are available, the game is allowed to generate a random Kuva weapon for the Lich nemesis. There's still a bit of grind and randomness involved to get the weapon you want, but as stated earlier, at least there's no chance of getting a duplicate weapon. Another idea would be to give the Larva a regular version of the Kuva weapon it would get if it became a Lich nemesis. This way, players can quickly decide as to whether or not to simply gun down the Larva and let it die or trigger it so that it turns into a Lich with the appropriate Kuva weapon. The second solution gives the player more agency and a better idea of what they'd wind up getting at the end of the grind.

- Having Kuva and Ayatan Amber Stars as possible rewards for cracking open Requiem Relics is nothing more than needless drop-table filler.

- Kuva Weapons require no less than 5 Forma each to get Mastery for them, which is inconsistent with how other weapons work. Don't even bring the Paracesis into this - it's not even comparable in terms of acquisition and origin.

- There is a need for an opt-out mechanic / "peace offering" option for players that have a Lich nemesis that they don't or no longer want to fight for whatever reason.

- Mercy Kills on anything but Lich nemesis enemies are largely pointless. In addition, the window of opportunity to perform a Mercy Kill on regular enemies is ridiculously small.

- Nekros Shadows are affected by Oberon's Renewal despite Nekros having his own means of "healing" them if the player so desires. This can pose a large and unreasonable energy drain on Oberon players who are modded for healing. Shadows need and should be exempt from the effects of Renewal.

- Nikanas lack fluidity post U26. The base stance uses essentially the same W+E combo as Decisive Judgement and Tranquil Cleave, which interrupts player movement after every other attack.

- Warframes with spam-able "Nuke" abilities, such as Saryn, Equinox, Mesa, and Volt, are still not co-op friendly due to being able to dominate small defense maps by hogging the vast majority of kills. All players should be able to contribute and participate in missions in meaningful ways with whatever 'Frame they choose, not be bored to tears because someone was able to delete most of the enemies for everyone else with extremely powerful and easy to spam abilities that also has massive range. Nerf nuke abilities to more acceptable levels and you'll also make CC-based 'Frames relevant again without the need to rework them.

- Zenistar's default timer for having the disc out is still too low, nor should the timer's length be based on combos.

Also, it would be really appreciated if you all could: 

- Allow us, if it's possible, to opt out of certain Warframe abilities (such as Volt's Speed and Limbo's Rift Walk portals) via a game preference toggle. We can turn off Octavia's sounds for other players because of how intrusive they can be, so why not potentially intrusive abilities? Not everyone wants to be Rifted or wind up running around like a Russian Dwarf Hamster on meta-amphetamines. Win-win for all, with no need for a player to have to "manually opt out" by rolling / dodging every time an intrusive ability is activated and winds up adversely affecting said player. 

- Buff fashion frame / customization a bit and give us a color wheel picker to choose colors from instead of having to scroll though numerous pallets to find the color we want. Grey out color blocks on the wheel that are associated with pallets that a player doesn't own.

- Please bring back regular Alerts for players that either can't or don't want to deal with Nightwave. Players appreciate having options and Nightwave has not been particularly new-player friendly. To add to this, a number of players have complained about how Nitain is now being effectively locked behind Nightwave credits and a very unreliable reward system (Sabotage & Cetus Bounty, the latter only when Ghouls are present). 

- Lower the credit cost to build Ephemera and drop the resource costs substantially. It's a purely cosmetic item that does nothing but leave footprints / trails that disappear after a few seconds. Also, if these are supposed to be a prestige item / badge of honor...they need to be a GUARANTEED reward when reaching a particular milestone. If not, lower the grind needed to acquire them please. 

Thanks for reading. No, I really couldn't care less if certain points I've made here are unpopular with certain members of the community. My concern is that the game be as functional, balanced, and enjoyable for as many players as is reasonably possible. 

I was not going to say anything, even though I do disagree with the Grendel and Kuva lich nerfs. But then you had to say, “ enjoyable for as many players..” So even though I like the difficulty of the Kuva liches you think it should be made easier so that it is more accesible to everyone.

And you sir are the problem with Warframe.

Not all content should be accesible to everyone. If something is hard then max out your mods and change your build and adapt to the harder content.

But of course I am the minority in this game.

21 minutes ago, SordidDreams said:

I allways disagree with players in warframe, they want make the game super mega utlra easy. But in this case you are super right

vor 3 Stunden schrieb MirageKnight:

- Attempting a kill or conversion on a Lich nemesis with the Parazon without the right mod sequence or any mods should not result in the player dying, nor should it automatically level up the Lich. This is needlessly punishing. On defeat and a failed  "hack", the Lich should only initiate an emergency teleport escape so it can fight another day. In addition, the Lich should only be able to level up if it defeats the player in an actual fight. We level our weapons and 'Frames by defeating enemies. It should be no different with a Lich. When the Lich defeats a player, it teleports away and levels up. When it levels up, it only reclaims the nodes the player previously cleared out but doesn't spread further.-

Soo... Unless you are new to the game -or you are weak on purpose- it would be impossible to lose a fight versus a level 1 Lich. As a result the Lich would never level up. Spreading further is also very much appreciated because you get more options which missions you want to do. 

Please fix the acceltra, it is the only weapon who's projectiles have travel time but does NOT gain any benefit from adding the mod terminal velocity. This is an exilus slot mod. People may have spent platinum to unlock the exilus mod slot with the intention of using terminal velocity. 

vor 12 Minuten schrieb Asdryu:

I understand the move to increase the chance of critical chance to true steel because it was obsolete, but this is overkill and is gonna turn bloodrush obsolete on most builds.
Also, since we're here, the bonus of additional critical chance for heavies should go over blood rush and riven mods as well

I have to disagree. I will ignore heavy attacks right now.. If you have a 30% critical chance melee weapon and you use the new sacrificial steel then you end up at 96% critical chance (basically normal crits). With Blood rush in builds going for Combo counter you still reach way higher values (red crits).

Keep in mind that a 5x combo counter already exceeds the new sacrificial steel (and there is still 7 counters to go)

Still can't get Kuva Larvalings to spawn: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1140721-kuva-leech-doesnt-spawn/?tab=comments#comment-11150801

Running missions by myself will not allow larvalings to spawn any more. They stopped spawning after the first lich. I only got my second lich by stealing one from another player. Please fix whatever bugged out my account 😞

3 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Removed Combo Hit Multiplier with Glaive's hit damage. Only explosive damage will use the Combo Multiplier.

this change seems to have affected wolf sledge which when running a max combo counter did high damage to 1 - 2 targets but left you without a melee for the duration (throw weapon) and was nice for small groups but ineffective for swarms as didnt kill fast enough and left you 1 weapon down till it returned also the throw button is the heavy attack button so standing heavey attacks throws weapon instead of doing a heavy strike so this patch seems like a nurf for the hammer which is not commonly used

mods say its not a glave as cannot equipt glave mods but it seems to still be affected by this patch

3 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • True Steel increased from 60% to 120% Critical Chance (x2 for Heavy Attack) at Max Rank. 
  • Sacrificial Steel increased from 88% to 220% Crit Chance (x2 for Heavy Attack) at Max Rank. 

Neat, now do maiming strike since it did not need to go from OP to useless. 

If you're terrified of crit interactions just change it into something else entirely like increase range on slide attacks, or slash procs on slide attacks (it would fit the name of the mod at least), or maybe make it apply a special maiming strike debuff to enemies or anything to make it actually worth using still.

You could even completely remove the slide attack element of it when making it do something else that's useful and worth considering. When you consider how much time some people may have put into farming this thing in the very limited windows in which you allowed us to get it, it shouldn't be reduced to the trash pile. 

I'm really sorry to say this, it's going to sound extremely biased as it's coming from someone with a vengeful ephemera already. I know that reduces my credibility but I need to put that out there for honesty sake. I am furious and saddened at the ability to trade lich for ephemera and I'm calling BS on this change, I HATE it. Laugh if you want but I have reason. DE just took back something critical, I remember what DE said. DE pitched ephemera to us on devstream #123 as "trophies" or "achievements".They are meant to show you earned something, to prove to others you did something remarkable and went through some challenge to get these "trophies".

DE Rebecca Devstream #123 41:05 "We have a new school of cosmetics coming that are going to be for launch and probably quite some time after launch- they are going to be earned only, they are things you can get by playing sortie, in arbitration stores, in the ESO, and among other things, some upcoming content will have it dropping. So you can only earn these and only players that are capable of  earning them will be able to use them."

Now... you're letting players sell the ephemera? I'm somewhat on the fence about that increase to 10% but this feelsnot just dirty and monitized, but completely goes against what ephemera were introduced as. You went back on your word AGAIN DE. Or were you always intending on making ephemera traceable just to make more money and lied to me, to us? This even disrespects the players that farmed hours, days, even a full week to gather several ephemera. You just devalued all that time spent. 

I admired players for having an ephemera I wanted, now I don't. They probably bought it. I had pride in my charge ephemera. Now I don't. I used to grind lich for the ephemera *and feedback*. Now I don't. Why do any of that when I can trade for one. This may be a positive change in many players eyes, but this not only killed the only value the lich had for me, which isn't even content, but also deeply wounded by trust that you'll ever provide us with exclusives and achievements ever again.

I want this change reverse. At least to the point where ephemeras can't be traded but maybe lich still can? But I know it won't happen and I'm just going to get laughed at for even suggesting this. I hope this gets heard in the flood of comments because I am not letting this go.

Archived