[DE]Megan

The Old Blood: Hotfix 26.0.7

‘Hold Melee’ will now perform heavy attack like it did before Phase 2.
This doesn't seem to be working for me. Holding down the melee button just performs one standard strike and then just stops
Anyone else having this issue?

Edited by SpadaNgDios

3 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • True Steel increased from 60% to 120% Critical Chance (x2 for Heavy Attack) at Max Rank. 
  • Sacrificial Steel increased from 88% to 220% Crit Chance (x2 for Heavy Attack) at Max Rank. 

Neat, now do maiming strike since it did not need to go from OP to useless. 

If you're terrified of crit interactions just change it into something else entirely like increase range on slide attacks, or slash procs on slide attacks (it would fit the name of the mod at least), or maybe make it apply a special maiming strike debuff to enemies or anything to make it actually worth using still.

You could even completely remove the slide attack element of it when making it do something else that's useful and worth considering. When you consider how much time some people may have put into farming this thing in the very limited windows in which you allowed us to get it, it shouldn't be reduced to the trash pile. 

I'm really sorry to say this, it's going to sound extremely biased as it's coming from someone with a vengeful ephemera already. I know that reduces my credibility but I need to put that out there for honesty sake. I am furious and saddened at the ability to trade lich for ephemera and I'm calling BS on this change, I HATE it. Laugh if you want but I have reason. DE just took back something critical, I remember what DE said. DE pitched ephemera to us on devstream #123 as "trophies" or "achievements".They are meant to show you earned something, to prove to others you did something remarkable and went through some challenge to get these "trophies".

DE Rebecca Devstream #123 41:05 "We have a new school of cosmetics coming that are going to be for launch and probably quite some time after launch- they are going to be earned only, they are things you can get by playing sortie, in arbitration stores, in the ESO, and among other things, some upcoming content will have it dropping. So you can only earn these and only players that are capable of  earning them will be able to use them."

Now... you're letting players sell the ephemera? I'm somewhat on the fence about that increase to 10% but this feelsnot just dirty and monitized, but completely goes against what ephemera were introduced as. You went back on your word AGAIN DE. Or were you always intending on making ephemera traceable just to make more money and lied to me, to us? This even disrespects the players that farmed hours, days, even a full week to gather several ephemera. You just devalued all that time spent. 

I admired players for having an ephemera I wanted, now I don't. They probably bought it. I had pride in my charge ephemera. Now I don't. I used to grind lich for the ephemera *and feedback*. Now I don't. Why do any of that when I can trade for one. This may be a positive change in many players eyes, but this not only killed the only value the lich had for me, which isn't even content, but also deeply wounded by trust that you'll ever provide us with exclusives and achievements ever again.

I want this change reverse. At least to the point where ephemeras can't be traded but maybe lich still can? But I know it won't happen and I'm just going to get laughed at for even suggesting this. I hope this gets heard in the flood of comments because I am not letting this go.

Edited by Violet_Xe
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Reduced the camera shake of the Kuva Ayanga explosions.

This makes me sad. 

But, what makes me happy is that the Kuva Ayanga wasn't forgotten immediately release. 

Is it perhaps an option that Kuva Ayanga (and / or every archwing weapon) gets a exili slot? I put five forma on it, for the mastery, and now I have 29 excess mod points. I feel like it's sort of excessive, and that an exili slot would fit just nice on the weapon. Just a thought. 

I really dislike that stealth kills/ mercy kills are on the use button. If they're melee, I'd rather they stay with the main melee button and not have it mixed. And what's the point of view and snipers if you don't get the stealth bonus? It's like the game is forcing me to play guns blazing. 

no 'back to back duplicates' just means the chances of getting something you need is 1/12 instead of 1/13. That is not a solution. 

• Like 1

>Added more Parazon finishers for you to enjoy

Well i can't enjoy them, because everything dies in 0.0000001 seconds and the NPC's that dont sometimes cant be Parazoned or whatever because they have some dot or a blind or something else on them and Parazon disappears. Delay the death on Parazon viable targets like with thralls.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RWBY-WhiteRose said:

Two things:

where are the vauban and ember tweaks

dont rush it but I just want to know where the “feedback train” went

And what about melee rivens? If you buffed the base crit mods there’s no reason the (now nearly always inferior) relevant stats on rivens can’t be increased as well. (I own a dmg cc dual Kamas riven. Melee 3.0 basically made it completely and utterly irrelevant with CO and Blood Rush and now True Steel. I’d like to see usable stats on them again, thank you.

The changes people want for Vauban and Ember are pretty extensive; people are asking for Vauban to have his speed pad replaced with a new ability entirely and for Ember's meter economy to be more or less completely redone also they should probably rework Inferno drastically because I really do not look forward to doing pubs once people catch onto it. That's going to take some time to plan out and implement, plus they have a lot of other fires to put out right now.

It took them about a month to add all of the buffs, tweaks, and new synergies people requested for Gauss so I'd assume we'll be looking at something similar for the new/reworked frames. They should definitely communicate their intent more actively in the feedback threads though; I don't even want to touch any of the new stuff because I have no idea what changes are on the horizon and don't want to get attached to X thing working a specific way.

• Like 1

you know what's a huge missed opportunity here with liches?

remember the light/dark rp only mechanic surrounding the whole queens thing and whether we drank the kuva and stuff?

you know who would know about that?  the queen and her liches.

you know who says nothing about it?

the liches.

you know who should?

the liches.

right now they all feel pretty samey and boring and none of them feel "unique" to our character, particularly because this choice is the only thing that is "unique" to our character (our specific rp choice).  if it's intended to be an rp mechanic it should be an rp mechanic in the one and only place rp should matter (witch kuva lich dialog) and it should come up in lich dialog.  maybe try to get those lines in by the time railjack hits.  just something, anything... would make it seem like the choice was meaningful.

even if we can change it by replaying the mission, just have that line draw from that data before voicing the line.

• Like 2

I am thoroughly enjoying what has come with 26 and the hotfixes, although I feel the need to post now because as someone who plays 5+ hours every day and has over 4k hours across profiles there is an issue I feel needs addressing.

Very simple really. I know that melee combos have "distance closers". However, 99% of the time that I melee I happen to in fact already be standing in front of the enemy (funnily enough - almost like I have movement keys). The distance closers are actually extremely frustrating because contrary to popular belief I want my strikes to hit where I aim, and not 10m down the hall on every 3rd strike as if somehow a new enemy is consistently going to be there for me to lunge to.

Before 2.9 I would use basically only long range, high attack speed weapons to "fling" myself through the air as follow-ups to my bullet jumps which made traversal in missions very fun, no +sprint speed needed and far more interesting than spamming bjumps without at all being game breaking. With this update one of my favourite modes of transportation was removed - and I loved it. Now I can use any melee that I like, right? The concept is amazing for sure.

And yet I am limited to a very select few weapons that will not incorporate these distance closers.

I was someone who used to pay for revives. I played 1.5k hours before TSD was released. I would be a founder if I hadn't discovered WF just as it ended, and to make up for missing it i've spent thousands of dollars on stuff I absolutely did not need because I am quite good at this game. I've shared your passion wholeheartedly for years now, maybe moreso because i'm not even being paid for my time. All I can say is that I do understand you cannot play the game the way I do. And that's why I can come here 🙂 

The combos are "cool" yes but they are not very "functional" and i'm sorry but i'm simply not someone who wants my weapons doing double strikes on single clicks, or flinging me through the air when i'm standing right in front of the mob. 

If this can be addressed I will 100% move on to far more variety of melee weapons. I know there are people who enjoy the forward momentum but if a melee is going to take a few hits to kill it is going to mean you are basically non-stop 180'ing to continue striking your target. Main reason for my post is I was waiting to see if not holding W would prevent this with the changes but nope, even if i'm not pressing forward my melee combos want to take big lunges/sweeps/double strikes on single clicks and I end up far from where I was. It's all just very draining and brings a hardcore visual fatigue to melee as opposed to quick melees. I'm not saying bring those back, just a more optimized targeting system perhaps. Or a "neutral" sort of Stance for players who prefer it. 

Thankyou for taking the time to read and all the other awesome work 😍

For some reason when i spam E like everyone does it occasionally counts as a heavy attack so i see the animation, obviously cant stop that and see my combo counter goes down the drain, at least with MB3 i could avoid that, now it happens anytime it wants.

Thanks for the hotfix but there is a problem with the kuva lich trading: the biggest problem that players had was that once you got a kuva lich with a weapon you didn't need you must kill it or convert it no matter what in order to give it another shot. The trading system not only does not fix the problem but it creates one. If i need the weapon of someone's lich i need him to spend a lot of time converting the lich just to give it to someone else. Players need to be able to trade lich at anytime, even at birth. The annoying thing of spending time converting/killing an unwanted lich is still there and creates another problem: a market for lich, and we know how it went with rivens. Thank you 

i dont see any archwing fix.. how to dismounted from archwing in plains? or simply use melee weapon in archwing nodes?

So why don’ You fix the Critical chance on Rivens? In fact steel is not the significant  problem of Critical chance but Rivens with that!😶😶😶

4 hours ago, MirageKnight said:

Bugs: 

- Ranged Stealth kills do not trigger the stealth kill XP bonus timer. This has been broken for more than a month.

Melee kills behave in the same manner. This wiped out my favorite play style DE! It would be nice if you guys at least acknowledged that there's a problem....

Edited by Moomabo

4 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

‘Hold Melee’ will now perform heavy attack like it did before Phase 2.

This is making it difficult for me to keep my combo counter up because I inevitably end up holding down too long when spamming 'E' and then poof, my combo counter is gone.  

30 minutes ago, MrFrog9 said:

The changes people want for Vauban and Ember are pretty extensive; people are asking for Vauban to have his speed pad replaced with a new ability entirely and for Ember's meter economy to be more or less completely redone also they should probably rework Inferno drastically because I really do not look forward to doing pubs once people catch onto it. That's going to take some time to plan out and implement, plus they have a lot of other fires to put out right now.

It took them about a month to add all of the buffs, tweaks, and new synergies people requested for Gauss so I'd assume we'll be looking at something similar for the new/reworked frames. They should definitely communicate their intent more actively in the feedback threads though; I don't even want to touch any of the new stuff because I have no idea what changes are on the horizon and don't want to get attached to X thing working a specific way.

Yea well lets hope they won't forget about Vauban or Ember so quickly like they did about Baruuk .. he is way overdue for some tweaks and fixes.

Edited by Lythael

Now I feel bad for those stats only melees. 

You know now there’s only one build for all usable melees right?

Blood rush CO range AS 

Organshatter Electric toxin 

The last one is heat/pressure point/weeping wounds/combo depends on the need/weapon/riven. 

Now steel got buffed and is added to the last slot‘s list.

what about those crit only or stats only melees? No ones gonna use them. Crit got buffed now( what about rivens‘ CC and slide CC grades?) Not to mention with weeping wounds even 10% sc would end up useful, which means most crit weapons are actually usable, that’s why I feel bad for stats only melees. 

Do you know no one was using heavy attack? Do you think giving a Crazy cc buff to heavy attack will improve the situation? 

I don’t use heavy attack because it’s slow. Because it’s hard to hit the enemies that I want to hit . Because the winding up time might get me killed. Because it’s not worth it to sacrifice all the buff from my weeping wounds and Bloodrush (unless I use a riven which gives high efficiency, but no, I would rather have other stats than efficiency on my riven)

If I only need to fight one enemy I might use heavy attack. But it’s not the case in 98% of the gameplay.

I wrote similarly under previous hotfix about heavy attack. Ask a player or ask yourself how often do you use it in missions. 

I feel like these follow up melee changes/fixes are temporary patches that are made just to cover the messed up results caused by inconsiderate ideas, while through many leaks you can still see the hollow parts down inside. 

Atm I would personally suggest:

1. adjust rivens CC and slide CC grades 

2. remove or significantly reduce all windup speed. Or put it into rivens. 

3. Allow movements while winding up 

4. make combo counters on stats only melees somehow useful. At least something special than it is to crit or crit&stats melees. 

• Like 1

We need a way to dump the existing Lich. I am not going to farm a lot of thralls just to convert a dupped Lich so I can trade it later. Come on DE, stop putting these "can't opt out, can't skip it" aspects on the game.

• Like 1

What about solo players? My clan is small and not active, but I'm not leaving it because it has all researches done and it took me forever to do it. Do we keep getting the same weapons until we finally get the last one? Or can we trade with anyone?

Edited by BloodyTides

2 hours ago, Yamazuki said:

I never did before either, but now, it keeps triggering anyways. Either way, the other things that impact how melee is played is an optional setting, this should be one too. LMB for melee or LMB only for guns is something you get to decide on, whether you have melee mode or not is now something you decide on. Heavy attacks being tied to the same key/LMB for heavy attacks is also something we should get to decide on.

I'm using Nikana Prime and simply max stack of berserker causes occasional heavy attacks, and if I have Valk buff or high power Wisp buffs, volt, etc it triggers a heavy attack way too often for my liking.

I mashed the button like there's no tomorrow with Berserker at +75% and it didn't trigger the heavy attack.

Ok you removed the Combo multiplier  from the glaive and you are buffing all the crit mods.

Now i had a riven for the glaive with crit chance and damage, i rolled one with crit multiplier and damage and refused it.

1) Do i have a buff on my riven or do you give me black the other one?

2) What's the point to use piercing navigator now? Give me 100% flat crit chance.

I't s was more safe(and honest) to block all the riven and forma operations when you change everything everyday...

Edited by bibmobello