[DE]Megan

The Old Blood: Hotfix 26.0.7

When will fix the Chinese display bug? many word cannot display (become " * ") in Traditional Chinese, for example:佬 门 离 进…

6 hours ago, Delemy said:

Having created my 8th Lich last night and for the second time having spawned a duplicate weapon with an inferior damage bonus to one I already have, I really feel there needs to be a secondary "Valence Transfer" option which simply consumes a duplicate weapon to add 5-10% to the chosen weapon's bonus. My current Lich represents absolutely nothing for me except a 3-4 hour roadblock, and the reward for tackling it is the removal of the roadblock and nothing else. In fact, I am poorer for having created the Lich in the first place, considering any mission I might complete in their territory will have its rewards stolen.

This this and so much this. I am just not going to play this Lich game anymore till they do something about the disheartening grind of ridding yourself of this carbunkle with a useless weapon only so you can have a chance to strap on the same problem with the very next Lich you create. All of which produces no reward.  Fill your boots if you like it guys but it feels disrespectful of my time.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

PLS add in the options a slider , Hold to attack / Hold to heavy attack option. my LMB will highly appreciate that. now it works like accidentally hold lmb to reset my combo counter. a simple option in the menu with choice between HOLD TO ATTACK  and HOLD TO HEAVY ATTACK, this will fix all the issues with this, now i am afraid to press LMB to loose all my combo counter, with like 4.0 melee attack speed its almost impossible. TY

• Upvote 4

7 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Back-to-back Duplicates - Your Kuva Lich will no longer have the same weapon twice in a row. While you may get a duplicated weapon down the road, your Kuva Lich will have a guaranteed different weapon than its immediate predecessor.

So much for "listening to feedback". As said before, this just means they have 12 other chances to flood you with duplicate. The immediate next weapon maybe different but it doesn't mean it will be one you don't have, it can just be a duplicate of a weapon you previously owned. Once again, shoving rng in to make content look artificially lengthy. A lot of people agreed that it wasn't a good idea in the workshop thread but you guys still went with it. 

• Upvote 1

Mod Changes:
The Critical Chance game has largely allowed Blood Rush to shine for active melee players, and with the ‘Steel’ series of Mods applying at the Base Critical Chance level, it’s led to players feeling they are obsolete. We are significantly buffing these Mods to give players a different option for Critical Chance builds. We want to give a more upfront Critical Chance and hard-hitting Heavy Attacks to builds that don’t rely on maintaining a high combo multiplier.

• True Steel increased from 60% to 120% Critical Chance (x2 for Heavy Attack) at Max Rank. 
  • Sacrificial Steel increased from 88% to 220% Crit Chance (x2 for Heavy Attack) at Max Rank. 

Ty for the buff, but can you also buff the critical chance on melee Riven mods ?. Right now it's pure trash.

• Upvote 1

The moustaches float a couple of inches in front of Macak helmet for Wukong.

Kubrow pups and smeeta litter roams around the orbiter, despite the incubator is still incubating them.

Can anyone clarify for me what is this "Radial Attack" stated in the Acceltra? It's not a secondary fire.

3 minutes ago, ---RNGesus--- said:

So much for "listening to feedback". As said before, this just means they have 12 other chances to flood you with duplicate. The immediate next weapon maybe different but it doesn't mean it will be one you don't have, it can just be a duplicate of a weapon you previously owned. Once again, shoving rng in to make content look artificially lengthy. A lot of people agreed that it wasn't a good idea in the workshop thread but you guys still went with it. 

Seems to be the newest thing asking us for feedback and ignoring said feedback with "well im going to do it anyway" attitude.

maybe we should just stop giving feedback since its not actually being useful.

Edited by Otis.Driftwood
  • Like 1

Re: Lich changes - haven't changed from the Dev workshop, so my take hasn't either.

On 2019-11-12 at 12:28 AM, [DE]Bear said:

WEAPON RNG REDUCTION - Your Kuva Lich will no longer have the same weapon twice in a row. While you may get a duplicated weapon down the road, your Kuva Lich will have a guaranteed different weapon than its immediate predecessor.

Better than nothing, but not good.

RECYCLE YOUR REQUIEM

Cool. I like this.

TRADE YOUR LICH

Which means you still need to go through the grind for a pointless lich.
This has a very limited use-case, and aside from people selling ephemeras for ludicrous sums, you'll end up with 'ghost town' liches that no one wants.

Honestly, I'd much rather just pay them to go away; since I'm sure that you won't let us 'abandon' a lich (would make rerolling too easy).

MORE TO COME

The whole lich-related system is currently extremely segregated.
This is good because it doesn't imping on people who haven't opted in, but is severely detrimental otherwise - you're farming for murmurs and only murmurs.
Integrating Thralls into non-dedicated missions (e.g. fissures) would help a lot with incipient burnout from the significant grind that Liches entail.

Personally, I'm on my 5th lich -which rolled my first duplicate weapon. And since I can't make it go away, I'm simply not progressing it.
It's just not worth the time and effort of a dedicated farm for a weapon I already have, with a lower % than I have, and therefore I gain zero benefit from.
And you know what? I'll eat the loss of rewards when they happen. More worthwhile than the alternative.

-----

• Void Fissure Missions will now appear on all Kuva Fortress nodes! Previously, only Rescue/Survival missions on the Kuva Fortress were eligible due to other missions having an Archwing restriction; now the whole Fortress is eligible! 
    • Cool.
  • A bug now turned feature; Ephemera’s obtained from a Kuva Lich can now be equipped on Sentinels and Companions! For FX sake, this will be a slightly subdued version of the selected Ephemera. Non-Lich Ephemera functionally is in the works! 
    • Lich Ephemera can currently affect Mirage's Dark/Light buff - and heat procs no longer can. Is this a bug, feature, or an 'adopted' bug?
  • Increased the chance of your Kuva Lich to have an Ephemera from 5% to 10%. Newly birthed Liches will have the 10% chance, while existing Liches will still be at 5%. Old Liches that are traded and "reactivated" will also be at 5%.
    • Thanks for the %. Maybe add it to the drop tables?
  • Added new Parazon finishers for you to stabby stab the baddies with! 
    • Cool.

• Grineer Prosecutors will no longer spawn as Thralls, as they were essentially invincible to everything except area-of-effect abilities.
  • Ghoul Expired will no longer spawn as a Thrall due to their suicide death mechanic. 

Demolisher Devourers (in Disruption) can spawn as Thralls. Intended?

Fixed Kuva Siphon/Flood Spy missions not giving rewards for cracking the Spy vaults.

Vay Hek Flood (haven't tried Siphons) do not award Hydroid frame parts. Intended?

Overall Changes:

• Launcher Area-Of-Effect Change:
    • Excellent.
  • UI: Split ‘HEAVY ATTACK’ Stats into their own category to better organize the various stats associated with all Melee Weapons. 
    • Cool.
  • ‘Hold Melee’ will now perform heavy attack like it did before Phase 2.
    • I assume this mean 'while in melee mode'?
  • Removed Combo Hit Multiplier with Glaive's hit damage. Only explosive damage will use the Combo Multiplier. 
    • Could someone tell me what its intended method of use is, then?

Mod Changes:
The Critical Chance game has largely allowed Blood Rush to shine for active melee players, and with the ‘Steel’ series of Mods applying at the Base Critical Chance level, it’s led to players feeling they are obsolete. We are significantly buffing these Mods to give players a different option for Critical Chance builds. We want to give a more upfront Critical Chance and hard-hitting Heavy Attacks to builds that don’t rely on maintaining a high combo multiplier.

• True Steel increased from 60% to 120% Critical Chance (x2 for Heavy Attack) at Max Rank. 
  • Sacrificial Steel increased from 88% to 220% Crit Chance (x2 for Heavy Attack) at Max Rank. 

(I'll need to look at the actual numbers. That said,) I really like this.
However, you missed one:
latest?cb=20191101051928

What's its intended niche? Because while cheaper than True Steel on the one hand, it has a combo-building malus combined with a an extremely uncommon polarity (effectively non-existent on melee) and a lower crit % on the other.

And, on the topic of 'missed one's, re: Charge -> Heavy Attack

latest?cb=20171007154847

8 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Melee Phase 2: Technique Changes & Fixes
While most of our previous Hotfixes have focused on base functionality and bug fixes of Melee: Phase 2, this Hotfix takes a stab at some balancing in the wake of all the changes. This Hotfix also adjusts some Stances based on feedback. 

Overall Changes:

• UI: Split ‘HEAVY ATTACK’ Stats into their own category to better organize the various stats associated with all Melee Weapons. 
  • ‘Hold Melee’ will now perform heavy attack like it did before Phase 2.
  • Removed Combo Hit Multiplier with Glaive's hit damage. Only explosive damage will use the Combo Multiplier. 
  • Madurai Rising Blast can now be held vs tapped for either a charged or uncharged shot.

As far as I know Hold Melee is not applied on Prisma Skana. Maybe overall sword category.

Yes liches are still poorly implemented but not from DE's perspective. They created more grind than ever before and that's good for business.

The entire slide crit and critical builds for melee are still so terrible even with the buffs. They even talk about how Blood Rush outscales the crit mods...yet they dont address the real problem at all. DE just want to admit they made a mistake and these are bandaids.

Bloodrush with gladiator set on Gram Prime = 419% crit

Bloodrush with gladiator set + Sac Steel (220%) = 489% crit

That's a +70% from 220%! Look how inefficient that is. And its on top of already a 400% crit. Its totally worthless. 

Sure this makes crit mods without bloodrush much better, but any way you combine it with gladiator or bloodrush, it only adds 70%.

The only time this thing is even worth anything at 220% crit is when you put it on as the only modifier. In which a Gram Prime gets 102% crit from 32%. In Melee 3.0 where combo meter is easier to level up, there's still no reason to use sacrificial crit by itself when 6x combo gets you more crit than the entire mod combined using just gladiator at 5 pieces or bloodrush.

• Like 1

‘Hold Melee’ will now perform heavy attack like it did before Phase 2.

I am going to need a way to disable that, or increase the hold time by a huge amount, because Heavy attacks which are entirely more pointless than channeling ever was, expend all  melee counter. This one change has completely crippled melee. Can we get some kind of legacy control system or something, this is to melee counter, what auto block draining all your energy was to channeling. The only use I found for heavy attack so far, was throwing canisters on the rank 28 test.🙄😕😟

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

8 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

No switch off option? or am I blind, I am losin my combo counter every like 30 seconds, basicly unable 2 play like this. if theres is a switch off option in the menu i am sorry.. but i just cant find it...if theres not someone should fix that asap as givin a simple switch off option. 

• Upvote 2

Citation

I keep randomly make heavy attacks now... with just a gram prime, not even a very very fast weapon. Annoying when you want to keep the melee counter at max. 

We got a shortcut for heavy attacks, i've set a key to it, but it doesn't overlap that automatic heavy attack... Make it overlap the automatic way or add an option not to set it automatic please. As someone say : add an option to keep attacking when holding the key on top of an option to remove automatic heavy attack. 

• Upvote 4

‘Hold Melee’ will now perform heavy attack like it did before Phase 2

It is not. And I hope it won't be as it was before: hold to hit once normal, then charge a heavy attack.

Though if it was hold to charge a heavy attack without a normal swing (just like a bow, you don't shoot an uncharged arrow before you charge an arrow right?) - that would be as it should, no real need in another  button. And slam attack could become a heavy slam by holding the melee button while you land.

9 часов назад, [DE]Megan сказал:

Terrible desigion, please return the alt-fire button "click and forget" system

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

Dear DE,

I think we need a new chat room solely for the Kuva Liches trading. It's a mess now in trading chat, so much confusion going around there.

Thank you for the update.

I don't have slots for cc mods. And its not like I would need them anyway. They're still worse than Blood Rush when you think about it.

Only thing they're good for are heavy attacks. And heavy attacks are trash. They can certainly be strong, but to make use of that power, your build AND playstyle has to be centered around them. Some heavy attacks have a rather awkward range to them visually and their animations are far from perfect as well.

What you did to gunblades is just ridiculous.

TL;DR: What a great idea - murder cancerous monotonous sliding attacks only to create cancerous monotonous heavy attacks and replace sliding crit with heavy crit. GOTTA SHAKE UP RIVEN MARKET AMIRITE

Hey, since we buffed the critical damage for True Steel and Sacrificial Steel, can we get a buff to our rivens with critical chance? I have a disposition 4 Glaive riven gives 115% compared to True Steels 120%. Feels kinda like a paper weight now, and I'm sure all melee crit rivens feel that way too.

EDIT: The Machete's did not receive the stat block changes for their Heavy Attack.

Edited by Sev1107
  • Upvote 1

About Glaives:

Bugs: Not sure if this was intended... but since the Old Blood dropped, the AI tracking of almost All Glaives seems to have been greatly improved. That is... All glaives except for the Cerata.

Is there a reason for this? I really like the new tracking, with how it hits multiple enemies per throw, even if theyre out of the way a little. And I would adore for it to apply to the Cerata as well. Since right now, it hits One enemy and then flies off waaaay into the sky before returning to you.

The "Heavy attack" Explosion: So... One part of Glaives I highly enjoyed, was being able to throw them, then use the recall function to quickly get my glaive back to set up my next throw... but with the Heavy attacks becoming the explosion, this function now completely uses up the combo counter just for wanting your Glaive to be used again. 

Solution? Have tapping "e" recall the glaive, and have tapping the Middle Mouse Button cause the explosion. This could work in both the Dual wield, and regular glaive melee modes.

Also... why are the explosions so random? It seems like chance as to whether or not a Glaive will be able to explode, or if it will just recall(atm, in dual wield there is an indicator, where three prongs will swirl and expand around the retical, and if that happens then itll explode when recalled. But why does it do that only Sometimes, and othertimes it doesn't? Is it random? Is there some preset Im just missing? Is this just a bug, where it is supposed to Always explode upon recall??)

Please consider these changes... I want to be able to have my fast paced Glaive weapon-play back.

So about the unintended buff to Thrown Glaives with the combo multiplier still applying.... if Im being honest... the only Glaives that are worth throwing are the ones with High Slash values. This was semi true even before this Bug was reverted. And now it's even more true. There is a serious lack in damage of Thrown Glaives for the trade offs that a player is making with not having a melee weapon during the throw. And with the combo mult applying still, it really did finally make Glaives feel a Worth it.

So I'd ask you to consider... please buff Thrown Glaives damage. Either by increasing their base damage, or by letting them scale off the Combo Mult again. Now... you can have them gain damage at 1/2 × the combo mult. So they still only get a x6 multiplier, or heck... even scaling at 1/3rd the combo mult would be good. But they do need the damage, they just dont have enough kick as-is since the melee changes.

Now... the last thing.. is the kind of procs that Thrown Glaives give. Right now, the Glaives that can Proc slash are leagues better than the ones that can't, or have very very low chances of Procing it(especially against armored targets). So... Id ask that you please add more Forced Procs to Thrown Glaives, or at least more instances of letting it proc a status per hit. 

The unreliability of a Thrown Glaive is just... demoralizing, especially since their damage is so minimal right now. They're extremely outmatched with just spamming e, and Id love to see the Thrown Glaive actually be comparable to the melee combos.

Edited by Sickle_Slayer
Hit send too early, finished now
  • Upvote 1