Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Old Blood: Hotfix 26.0.7

[DE]Megan

On 2019-11-14 at 3:23 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Grineer Prosecutors will no longer spawn as Thralls, as they were essentially invincible to everything except area-of-effect abilities.

Reduced the camera shake of the Kuva Ayanga explosions.

Fixed an issue where Larvling spawns were not working 100% of the time.

Good fixes ty

Not really much of an improvement. Still no improvements to grinding requiem murmurs cause its real slow. And its kinda of frustrating to get duplicates just to convert my kuva lich in order to trade for another kuva lich of the kuva weapons i want and its time consuming. I would rather trade my kuva weapon bp to trade for another kuva weapon i want if thats even possible....

I switched around my Kuva Archguns and used valance on the weaker one. Therefore instead of being fused, resulting in the Weapon being the highest available elemental bonus from my pool and using the weapon with the higher upgrade count as a basis for the outcome, I just lost everything. Who made that design decision?

Petition to make melee damage scaling again...

Exalted melee weapons didn't get the stat buffs all the other melee received, so ended up being weakened in comparison. If i have to spend energy for an ability, it should give at least some advantage over normal weapons. please give the melee stat changes also to exalted.

Condition overload was a great mod because it made melee damage scale with the level of the enemies, because the more resistant the enemy the more chance to apply more status effects. this reduced the time to kill higher lv enemies (that will have an insane amount of hp & armor) while not having much of an effect on lower lv enemies. now co is just a better copy of pressure point that makes melee builds even less different from one another and doesn't scale much.

my idea of fixing this is to make it scale the way it used to, bump the damage from 60% to 100% but cap the number of statuses from 15 to 5-7.

also, why do heavy attacks have to waste all the combo? it seems too much to me

also, 6m being the max range for the largest range weapons is quite a nerf, i think primed reach should give 4m bonus range and melee weapons in general should have +1m (so for example polearms range would be 4m)

i hope someone at DE sees this, and takes it into account, that means applying those changes in some sort or giving a reason why they shouldn't be 🙂

I've done three liches with this current update.. Generally like the changes, but when I got another duplicate Kraten... my fourth in total (24 total liches). but first under the current hotfix... I just simply logged off... It just knocked the wind outta me..

It was just the weapon isn't that great for the way I play, it's also the fact out of those 24 weapons, the vast majority of them more than 3/4 have a bonus elemental percentage of 26~32%, when over half of them have 26% elemental damage, it's rather disheartening... Maybe it's just bad RNG I am facing. I've only had two weapons exceed 50% elemental bonus, one of which hit the cap of 60%. (Only 4 weapons over 40%)

I feel if anything if you level the lich when trying to defeat it, it should raise the elemental bonus on the weapon... At least it gives me a reason to "WANT" to level my lich before facing them off for the last time

I wonder if Condition Overload would be buffed, too. I guess this patch is not the time.

It's honestly astonishing how we are back to an old meta where crit rules supreme which started immediately after the first mod changes in the huge update, but now crit not only rules supreme, it completely makes pure status weapons unviable as all hell. Why buff crit harder when status weapons are a hot dumpster fire?

This video from Brozime pretty much sums up my opinion and the solution seems fair enough. DE, please fix status weapons, they used to have the potential to compete with crit and in some cases win over it because of Condition Overload, but now that the mod's barely useful for damage, it's made status weapons even more obsolete after the gigantic crit chance buffs.

On 2019-11-14 at 10:23 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Back-to-back Duplicates - Your Kuva Lich will no longer have the same weapon twice in a row. While you may get a duplicated weapon down the road, your Kuva Lich will have a guaranteed different weapon than its immediate predecessor.

It's a start. Nothing more.

It is still an insane level of farming amount.

And it still wouldn't got me my personal outcome of 8 Liches and 4 weapons.

I played this game  a looong time, but this is a total lackluster and discouraging.

What seems to be the problem?

Imo You get a double you do not want is a disappointment. So far, so bad. To make it worse,, you need to farm hours to get rid of the Lich.

You get a disappointing reward upfront, and then you need hours to get rid of it.

That's different with the hunt for relics or their parts in two ways: first you get the outcome of your reward afterwards, not upfront. Second is, it is way shorter, plus you can trade it.

44 minutes ago, kazenioware said:

It's a start. Nothing more.

It is still an insane level of farming amount.

And it still wouldn't got me my personal outcome of 8 Liches and 4 weapons.

I played this game  a looong time, but this is a total lackluster and discouraging.

What seems to be the problem?

Imo You get a double you do not want is a disappointment. So far, so bad. To make it worse,, you need to farm hours to get rid of the Lich.

You get a disappointing reward upfront, and then you need hours to get rid of it.

That's different with the hunt for relics or their parts in two ways: first you get the outcome of your reward afterwards, not upfront. Second is, it is way shorter, plus you can trade it.

This, all the way ^

Just for all the people saying to make the heavy attack a different hotkey or a toggle option,

The fix is simple really. Rather than hold to heavy attack depending on attack speed, we hold to attack based on time.

For instance, we hold for .8s (or w/e number they like) and *that* is when we heavy attack regardless of attack speed.

Solves both problems, you only need one keybind but you can still use it multiple ways.

Am 14.11.2019 um 22:23 schrieb Doggo:

Thanks for the hotfix. Trading kuva lich contracts is a pretty good idea, and also thanks for letting people know the percentages for the Ephemeras from them.

Is the heat proc on mirage not buffing her 3 a bug? It used to be a thing before this mainline, or actually before how the heat proc changed it's mechanic, and players loved to use that to "buff" their Mirage and their Eclipse with weapons such as Penta. Was not mentioned in patch notes and players would like to know if this was actually intended or a temporary bug.

But, this game has a pretty unique building system for weapons and warframe, which has it's downsides when talking about "what to build" and "based in my playstyle, what do I use", we do have simulacrum to test our builds against scanned enemies, which is the solution, in part.

Most weapons do require forma, potatoes and specific rivens to work, but if players doesn't know what to build, how are they supposed to forma? My suggestion would be a "Build mode" in simulacrum which allows people to "temporarly" forma their weapons (without using formas and without leveling) allowing them to test their builds before actually going into real forma on their weapons. It happened to everyone to place a wrong forma because "that build sounded better on paper but doesn't fit my playstyle", doing this will allow players to make sure they can test what their playstyle fits best in their weapons and warframes before actually formaing them. 

Also, can we get an update for nightwave to remove duplicates? For who played the Series 1 and the first Intermission has already Eidolon Ephemera or Wolf armor, putting more useful rewards for who already played the past nightwaves would be nice.

Please remove the hold melee=heavy attack, or make it individually changeable what counts as HOLDING DOWN. 

1 hour ago, Shrintoo said:

Just for all the people saying to make the heavy attack a different hotkey or a toggle option,

The fix is simple really. Rather than hold to heavy attack depending on attack speed, we hold to attack based on time.

For instance, we hold for .8s (or w/e number they like) and *that* is when we heavy attack regardless of attack speed.

Solves both problems, you only need one keybind but you can still use it multiple ways.

I want an option to turn it off because even if I wanted to use a heavy attack I would just use the key bind dedicated to heavy attacks rather than holding down my left mouse button because it would be quicker to do so, which makes holding my LMB for a heavy attack pointless as I'm never using it that way.

7 hours ago, bibmobello said:

People complaining about random heavy melee attacks properly are using a macro.

A proper macro could be changed to never trigger a heavy attack given macros are about consistency. Heavy attack sensitivity isn't changed just by attack speed, but even someone's fps has an impact on its sensitivity; which is clearly a bug.

The question is, why spend 3 hours hunting, if not the fact that I can transfer weapons. If you want to extend the content in the game, then just raise all the equipment to level 40. and reduce the effect of the form. And now you are starting to remind Origin and Uplay with their artificial tightening of the game process for monetization than one of the best (if not the most) companies (Digital Extremes). Thank you for reading and good luck in your work.

Some bugs I've encountered since this hotfix

A desync in the starchart which seems to be cause by territory missions. the red clouds split off from the planets and I have to zoom out then back in to get them lined up again, otheriwise I cannot select any missions or planets. This seems to happen randomly in between doing territory missions.

Edit: I have yet to have this happen today so it might have been a temporary issue, the other 2 bugs should still be looked into tho.

The star chart usually zooms in on the planet with the last mission you completed, this has stopped working for territory missions since the last hotfix.

Sometimes the lich will do their failed parazon finisher animation but I remain alive afterwards. The lich levels up, but remains in the mission and becomes invisible to me, but not my allies. Not even dying makes the lich go away.

3 hours ago, xZaraki_KenPachix said:

va2DVz.png

What is this RADİAL ATTACK ??

Radial attack is AoE stats, they used to be combined with the projectile stats, but now they've finally split them

1 hour ago, Yamazuki said:

A proper macro could be changed to never trigger a heavy attack given macros are about consistency. Heavy attack sensitivity isn't changed just by attack speed, but even someone's fps has an impact on its sensitivity; which is clearly a bug.

I know very little about macros, but what if I set the macro for max speed, would that register as holding the button? I mean, if you set it to press the "E' button 20 times a second would the game count as holing the attack button?

Am 14.11.2019 um 22:23 schrieb [DE]Megan:

Mod Changes:
The Critical Chance game has largely allowed Blood Rush to shine for active melee players, and with the ‘Steel’ series of Mods applying at the Base Critical Chance level, it’s led to players feeling they are obsolete. We are significantly buffing these Mods to give players a different option for Critical Chance builds. We want to give a more upfront Critical Chance and hard-hitting Heavy Attacks to builds that don’t rely on maintaining a high combo multiplier.

• True Steel increased from 60% to 120% Critical Chance (x2 for Heavy Attack) at Max Rank. 
  • Sacrificial Steel increased from 88% to 220% Crit Chance (x2 for Heavy Attack) at Max Rank. 

My Feedback: True Steel and Sacrificial Steel are crap.

Bloodrush is the King.

• 2x 160%
  • 3x 220%
  • 4x 280%
  • 5x 340%
  • 12x 760%

And now... How fast can you reach 4x or 12x? See True Steel is obsolete. Even a Primed True Steel with 220% (warning this mod dont exist) is literally not a option because Blood Rush Bonus is on 3x and higher better. True Steel on 240% is a good idea to stop Blood Rush but 120%? Nah... Hello Forma and Madurai Polarity.

2 minutes ago, Omega-ZX said:

My Feedback: True Steel and Sacrificial Steel are crap.

Bloodrush is the King.

• 2x 160%
  • 3x 220%
  • 4x 280%
  • 5x 340%
  • 12x 760%

And now... How fast can you reach 4x or 12x? See True Steel is obsolete. Even a Primed True Steel with 220% (warning this mod dont exist) is literally not a option because Blood Rush Bonus is on 3x and higher better. True Steel on 240% is a good idea to stop Blood Rush but 120%? Nah... Hello Forma and Madurai Polarity.

Blood Rush only gives 60% crit per stack, and does not count 1x combo. At 2x combo, you get 60%. And that is 60% of your base crit chance. So max is +660% of base crit chance, or 7.6x base crit chance.

Archived