[DE]Megan

The Old Blood: Hotfix 26.0.7

Just got my 4th Lich holding a Seer...after my 3rd Karak...wow good thing I can't get one with the same weapon twice in a row...amazing change...

08b4503ecccb93b165d80b6aa5c1a692.png

Too real. Especially the joy part. It's all gone. Thanks DE.

• Haha 1

Putting this in here also, so maybe the devs see it:
There is currently a bug that let's your lich kill you instantly!

15:10:43 - <Spawnbold> killed by 5,362 damage at 5,362 health from an unknown source
Edited by Spawnbold
  • Like 1

Am 14.11.2019 um 22:23 schrieb [DE]Megan:

Mod Changes:
The Critical Chance game has largely allowed Blood Rush to shine for active melee players, and with the ‘Steel’ series of Mods applying at the Base Critical Chance level, it’s led to players feeling they are obsolete. We are significantly buffing these Mods to give players a different option for Critical Chance builds. We want to give a more upfront Critical Chance and hard-hitting Heavy Attacks to builds that don’t rely on maintaining a high combo multiplier.

• True Steel increased from 60% to 120% Critical Chance (x2 for Heavy Attack) at Max Rank. 
  • Sacrificial Steel increased from 88% to 220% Crit Chance (x2 for Heavy Attack) at Max Rank. 

My Feedback: True Steel and Sacrificial Steel are crap.

Bloodrush is the King.

• 2x 160%
  • 3x 220%
  • 4x 280%
  • 5x 340%
  • 12x 760%

And now... How fast can you reach 4x or 12x? See True Steel is obsolete. Even a Primed True Steel with 220% (warning this mod dont exist) is literally not a option because Blood Rush Bonus is on 3x and higher better. True Steel on 240% is a good idea to stop Blood Rush but 120%? Nah... Hello Forma and Madurai Polarity.

• Haha 1
  • Woah 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Omega-ZX said:

Bloodrush is the King.

• 2x 160%
  • 3x 220%
  • 4x 280%
  • 5x 340%
  • 12x 760%

And now... How fast can you reach 4x or 12x? See True Steel is obsolete. Even a Primed True Steel with 220% (warning this mod dont exist) is literally not a option because Blood Rush Bonus is on 3x and higher better. True Steel on 240% is a good idea to stop Blood Rush but 120%? Nah... Hello Forma and Madurai Polarity.

Blood Rush only gives 60% crit per stack, and does not count 1x combo. At 2x combo, you get 60%. And that is 60% of your base crit chance. So max is +660% of base crit chance, or 7.6x base crit chance.

vor 10 Stunden schrieb bibmobello:

People complaining about random heavy melee attacks properly are using a macro.

I'm using a plain simple Keyboard 😉 And it happens to often... I think the spaghetti code of this update isnt capable of handling weapons with high attack speed sadly.

Edited by ValinorAtani
  • Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Yamazuki said:

I want an option to turn it off because even if I wanted to use a heavy attack I would just use the key bind dedicated to heavy attacks rather than holding down my left mouse button because it would be quicker to do so, which makes holding my LMB for a heavy attack pointless as I'm never using it that way.

A proper macro could be changed to never trigger a heavy attack given macros are about consistency. Heavy attack sensitivity isn't changed just by attack speed, but even someone's fps has an impact on its sensitivity; which is clearly a bug.

There are simply too many keybinds to be bound. Of course those who have mouses with multiple buttons could do this, but it still won't be very "functional" using mouse scroll as a melee attack or any other keybind really. This is a way for them to fix both problems 🙂

On 2019-11-14 at 10:23 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Back-to-back Duplicates - Your Kuva Lich will no longer have the same weapon twice in a row. While you may get a duplicated weapon down the road, your Kuva Lich will have a guaranteed different weapon than its immediate predecessor.

<rant>

Thank you - i was very happy about this! Let me tell you it does not work, I just come from receiving the next twin stubbas lich in a row. I am on Lich nr.14 with my 5th twin stubbas. And yes, thanks for the 4 kuva kohms. 8 out of the 14 weapons are duplicates, but I guess I am lucky to have 6 unique weapons already.

I am frustrated and feel burnt out having to go through the whole grind again for something I don't want in the first place... Don't forget the need for requiem mods that add onto the grind for murmurs - bless rng it may get really lenghty to obtain the needed requiem mod, even if you have a good amount of the required relics. And I assume transmuting 4 empty mods also will not give me the one I desperately need...

I understand that players exist, that burn through a complete lich hunt within 2 hours or less, but as an average mr21 noob I just am not that guy. While I can take the heat up to level 4 solo, a level 5 lich with all the lvl 110 stuff going on around him ( weird instakills, mobs, thralls knocking me down, etc) is a challenge, even more in defense, excavation and rescue missions. And if the lich downs me with one of his magic attacks, he despawns... -> new mission, new attempt. Don't get me wrong, I like the challenge and have no issue leveling my lich to max. I have to accept that I need the help of fellow tenno, so I run public matches, which however often introduces another series of pain points:

- matchmaking drops me into almost finished missions, less murmur, less probability of my lich spawning, other players already extracting
- ppl do not engage with their liches, no new liches spawn
- etc

Pls don't suggest not going public, I don't want to spend more time grouping ppl. Some random matches also have been extraordinarly fun.

All of this extends the time needed to finish a lich hunt, and even though I enjoy the idea, compared to sorties lich hunts are just not rewarding, especially when receiving duplicates with poorer stats. Being able to trade liches does not make it better, after all, who wants a weapon with 25% when stronger weapons are on offer?!

</rant>

I would like to make some suggestions, some ideas certainly are already out there - please excuse me repeating.

1. Players not engaging with their liches:
    Give them the option to uncover 2 requiem mods without their lich appearing as long as the player does not have requiem mods installed on his parazon (if he has, he wants to  engage). After discovering 2 mods, the lich will appear even with no mods installed, If the player does not stab his lich, the lich will rank up at the end of the mission nevertheless. The lich should despawn after being downed max 3 times without his tenno engaging, thus allowing another players lich to spawn. After all, if you don't want to fight a lich, then don't opt in. I believe discovering the 3rd requiem and correct order still may max out the lich's level. Players interested in fighting maxed out liches should receive an extra reward (Forma, (P)exilus Adapter), the squad members assisting in a successful maxed lich hunt could receive a bonus requiem relic.

2. Lich hunt not rewarding
    As in 1. ,fighting a maxed out lich should give an extra reward. Forma or adapters, not blueprint, would be worth the time and effort put into the hunt. Furthermore I believe converted liches should allow the owner to extract a weapon imprint (sorry, I haven't experienced a trade yet and am unsure how it currently works). These can be combined to form stronger versions of existing elements (a 25% toxin will increase a 35% toxin to x%, whereas a 30% toxin will increase it even more). Also, weapon imprints could allow the user to change the element (in this case a 25% toxin will replace a 35% heat) or combined to form a new element (25% toxin + 35% heat = 30% gas i.e which can be increased with either new toxin or heat imprints.) This will allow players to max out their weapons or replace elements, also making duplicates less painfull. Lich trading remains, the new player extracts an imprint, killing the lich in the process and every lich has a value even with low weapon stats.

3. Lich despawns when the player is killed
    Maybe let the player also have 3 attempts, especially when soloing?

4. Lich murmur not shared
    Please change this - this is not encouraging team play

Thanks for reading this far...

• Upvote 1

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Omega-ZX:

Bloodrush is the King.

• 2x 160%
  • 3x 220%
  • 4x 280%
  • 5x 340%
  • 12x 760%

It is actually a good change... In a combo focused build of course blood rush rules supreme. But now you can do build not using combo (much) and you got a good option with sacrificial steel.

• Upvote 1

It's still WAAAAYYYY too hard to fill up all 3 Parazon bubbles to know which mods to equip and then it takes forever to get the Lich to actually show up in mission so you can try it out.  I've done nearly 3 dozen missions and still haven't filled all 3 circles to know what the 3rd mod needs to be.  That's just way too much grind for those of use who love the game but can't devote an entire freaking weekend to grinding for ONE enemy/weapon, especially one that's barely worth it.  And there needs to be an "I give up" option for those who get into a LIch but find the grind too much and want things back to normal. 

I'll wait for Railjack at this point.  With less than 6 weeks to go, how in the world are you going to give us time to build the Railjack dock BEFORE it's released?  

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, bibmobello said:

People complaining about random heavy melee attacks properly are using a macro.

LOL okay sure. I've never once used a macro in this game, and I'm having Heavy Attacks happen nearly every 5 seconds when I try to use melee.

And this isn't even because of attack speed. I've tried every weapon type in the game, and every attack speed(oh yes, great swords without any speed mods do it just as often). They happen regardless of what I use. 

I'm going to say it has something more to deal with connection to the servers than it does Macros. So I'd ask for an option to toggle it off if lag is really going to be this much of an issue with it.

Stealth Kills are still broken

Amber Star from Requem Relic is a pure slap in a face and waste of time, since we can get amber stars randomly from simple containers all over the system.

Kubrodon Incarnadine which is supposed to be the rarest of the beasts appear much more frequently than more common Vallis Kubrodon.

Sawgaws are still missing their hitboxes. IF I manage to kill it eventually, I cannot scan downed bird with the scanner.

Kuva syphon alerts of kuva cloud too late, when its coupld of meter away from the syphon

• Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

- Any news on Saryn's Toxic Lash reverting Blocking to the old system (damage reduction instead of immunity) when active?

Also, any fixes to Valkyr Prime Access' Saita Prime Armor? The colors are mismatched on the arm's accent.

• Upvote 1

On 2019-11-15 at 5:23 AM, [DE]Megan said:

Serverside Hotfix:

Fixed an issue where traded Liches would come with 3 erroneous Requiems - they had no bearing on the traded Liches hints. If anyone is having issues with traded Liches not spreading influence, please reply to this with details. 

It's my 4th Lich and i just traded my 3rd one. What's weird is that my 4th one isn't a traded lich but he's not spreading influence. He's down to two nodes.

EDIT: influence spread after i completed the last 2 nodes.

Edited by Basqui

On 2019-11-14 at 1:23 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Mod Changes:
The Critical Chance game has largely allowed Blood Rush to shine for active melee players, and with the ‘Steel’ series of Mods applying at the Base Critical Chance level, it’s led to players feeling they are obsolete. We are significantly buffing these Mods to give players a different option for Critical Chance builds. We want to give a more upfront Critical Chance and hard-hitting Heavy Attacks to builds that don’t rely on maintaining a high combo multiplier.

• True Steel increased from 60% to 120% Critical Chance (x2 for Heavy Attack) at Max Rank. 
  • Sacrificial Steel increased from 88% to 220% Crit Chance (x2 for Heavy Attack) at Max Rank. 

So what about Amalgam Ripkas True Steel? would that also be getting a buff?

To all the people still having issues getting larvalings to spawn, I'm on my 10th-ish lich and every time, without fail, playing Adaro, Sedna solo has spawned one. Maybe I've just been really lucky, but I wouldn't think so.

Are you going to adjust Rivens to match the increased crit-chance?

Also, there is this:

u6AUwYu.jpg

Currently, an Exilus-Adapter is nothing I would wish for, because there is no space left on most of my Items.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Applause 1

please make it so grendel's nourished strike doesn't combine with single elements, i wanna use heat procs. pls

Just now, UncleVlad said:

Are you going to adjust Rivens to match the increased crit-chance?

Also, there is this:

u6AUwYu.jpg

Currently, an Exilus-Adapter is nothing I would wish for, because there is no space left on most of my Items.

You're using heavy capacity mods, what did you expect? A riven, primed cryo rounds, heavy caliber (which is 16, the same as a prime mod), Primed Shred (16), Split chamber (15) and Amalgam Serration (16, same as a primed mod). At the end of the day it is like you're using 6 primed mods. Besides, I don't think there is a useful exilus for synapse.

Edited by HolySeraphin
  • Woah 1

Thanks DE for trading Liches! And thanks for Duplicate Protection! Now PLEASE make those work together... i got traded a Kuva Seer Lich from a Clanmate and guess what weapon my next self spawned Lich wields? Right... Kuva Seer here we go again 😕 REAL feelsbad. im glad i didnt PAY for the Lich.

On 2019-11-14 at 11:05 PM, HolySeraphin said:

After 2 years I have NEVER used the heavy attack by accident, never, even when I'm mashing the button.

Neither did I, but woe and behold it happened to me yesterday before even reaching x4 multiplier 😐

• Upvote 1

I was looking for how to delete this message and I didn't find it

Edited by Jose72

En 14/11/2019 a las 18:32, AuroraSonicBoom dijo:

This does barely anything. While trading might alleviate the MR RNG issue, not having any control over the weapon(yeah, sorry, a roll out of 12 instead of 13 doesn't make a difference) will deter me from having fun with the mode. Put yourself in the shoes of someone who wants to go for a weapon and has to spend 2 hours grinding out a "dud" they don't want, multiple times in a row. Does this sound like you'll have fun working towards something?

2 hours!? only 2 hours!!!? It takes me at least 4 to 5 hours

3 hours ago, HolySeraphin said:

You're using heavy capacity mods, what did you expect? A riven, primed cryo rounds, heavy caliber (which is 16, the same as a prime mod), Primed Shred (16), Split chamber (15) and Amalgam Serration (16, same as a primed mod). At the end of the day it is like you're using 6 primed mods. Besides, I don't think there is a useful exilus for synapse.

That's not my point. But you're right, I didn't expect to need it in the first place, but if you have the option and it didn't fit in any weapon, it's only a tool for low-mid level fun items.

And in that case, I'd rather sell the Blueprints, instead of using them.

(Synapse especielly: There is always the option to go stealth and use Hush, though)