Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Old Blood: Hotfix 26.0.7

[DE]Megan

20 minutes ago, MirageKnight said:

Another idea would be to give the Larva a regular version of the Kuva weapon it would get if it became a Lich nemesis. This way, players can quickly decide as to whether or not to simply gun down the Larva and let it die or trigger it so that it turns into a Lich with the appropriate Kuva weapon. The second solution gives the player more agency and a better idea of what they'd wind up getting at the end of the grind.

That would be great. Less RNG, more player agency, more meaningful grind

30 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Grineer Prosecutors will no longer spawn as Thralls, as they were essentially invincible to everything except area-of-effect abilities

Laughs in Ash's Fatal Teleport.

33 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed the Kuva Lich becoming allied until downed when the effects of Revenants Enthrall ability expire. 

There you go. No changes towards cowards not killing their liches, preventing other players from having theirs spawned, and now changes the ONLY WAY to despawn other players liches. Thanks DE.

My interpretation of the critical chance mods was that they were utilized best in tandem with Blood Rush in order to maximize the boost you got. It made a big difference.

In either case, under the new system it's frustrating to see crit focused melee builds get buffed further before revisiting the impact that nerfing Condition Overload has had. We need a middle ground.

32 minutes ago, Voltage said:

Thank you for the ability to trade Lich contracts.

Maiming Strike should be buffed with these other Crit mods. You are probably going "why does this guy want to buff that mod". Well, the entire rework is for diversity, and sliding is a playstyle. The mod can still be nerfed but not completely worthless in a build. Maiming Strike is now strictly worse than Sacrificial Steel and it is situational.

Also, it would be nice if Tonfa weapon stats were looked at. They are a sliding class and continue to stay lackluster as the slide attack nerf washed that entire class off the grid. Tonfa weapons should have close to (if not) the highest slide attack damage out of all melee weapons.

Nah, Maiming Strike should be left alone. It's there if you want even more crit. Well, okay, you can have maiming strike buffed but it adds a stagger on to the end of your slide attack and while staggered you're stripped of all damage resistance from all sources.

Also tonfas were always bad for slide attacks for the exact same reason sniper rifles are generally bad for anything that isn't Eidolons or Disruption missions.

36 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

A bug now turned feature; Ephemera’s obtained from a Kuva Lich can now be equipped on Sentinels and Companions! For FX sake, this will be a slightly subdued version of the selected Ephemera. Non-Lich Ephemera functionally is in the works! 

"Slightly subdued" seems to be completely subdued. As in the lich ephemera (at least the vengeful toxin I have) isn't actually showing any sign of working. I presume this is perhaps weakening it to a degree of it being completely invisible or inert.

It's a wonderful thing to be put on our pets showing our dedication to our lich hunts. I love that you've made it a feature, so please fix it.

1 minute ago, TheGrimCorsair said:

Also tonfas were always bad for slide attacks for the exact same reason sniper rifles are generally bad for anything that isn't Eidolons or Disruption missions.

Have you ever used the Ohma before this melee update?

a074a82afbedbdaf440298ea2cdeea42.png

I did this with the Ohma. The Demolysts had health in the billions and Ohma was the most powerful Melee for this job. It had the highest slide damage in the game. It had a niche. That niche was removed because instead of understanding why sliding was overused, DE destroyed said playstyle. This took care of the Scoliac, but it heavily hurt weapons that were designed for sliding. Tonfas hit twice on slide attacks, but if their slide damages are low, why would I not just choose a Nunchuck with more Slide Damage and hits 3x on slide? And no, nerfing Ninkondi is not a solution for this issue.

If there's anything I want to say at this point it's just my bad luck, I know you people know we love backtracking, but that doesn't mean we have to confront our lich at starting point area. I mean it's a solo session and I have to go back there, not meeting single enemies is just making the whole tileset feels like having PTSD over Chains of Harrow. 

Do we still have to use the kuva quartakk with the quatz mechanic?
Please take thought to change the Kuva quartakk's fire mode switching mechanic to selective-fire (manual switch).
Let people use the fire mode what they prefer and please don't stuck with this bad gimmick.

Let the Kuva Quartakk shine like the original one

Arcane Acceleration still has no effect while firing the Kuva Kohm.

Having created my 8th Lich last night and for the second time having spawned a duplicate weapon with an inferior damage bonus to one I already have, I really feel there needs to be a secondary "Valence Transfer" option which simply consumes a duplicate weapon to add 5-10% to the chosen weapon's bonus. My current Lich represents absolutely nothing for me except a 3-4 hour roadblock, and the reward for tackling it is the removal of the roadblock and nothing else. In fact, I am poorer for having created the Lich in the first place, considering any mission I might complete in their territory will have its rewards stolen.

The design premise of a long-term adversary who can only be purposefully hunted in specific, visible places doesn't quite gel in my mind. If the Lich had a chance to appear anywhere, and its Requiem sequence could be deciphered from (for example) any Grineer spy vault, interrogated out of any Grineer capture target, or learned from any Grineer interception mission, then the process might feel integrated and personal. As it stands, the only way to hunt or encounter a Kuva Lich is to pound on its door for hours in missions which have no goal but to stab minions and hope the Lich shows up. He/she is not my adversary; he/she is a chore, divorced from the rest of the game.

To put it more succinctly, I wish it felt more like Fury of Dracula than a door-to-door sales job.

Just now, Acersecomic said:

Critical weapons were fine. It's the status weapons that seriously need a look at now.

"‘Hold Melee’ will now perform heavy attack like it did before Phase 2. "
I don't like this one at all, we'll just end up accidentally wasting our combo from time to time on what is still a completely worthless thing, a heavy attack. Is there a toggle for this function?

After 2 years I have NEVER used the heavy attack by accident, never, even when I'm mashing the button.

Love the changes and fixes but honestly what I really want is a faster way to get to simulacrum and more arsenals in simulacrum so more than one person can change equipment. Other than that i can't wait to see what ya'll have in store for us. Keep up the great work. ^_^

Archived