Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Old Blood: Hotfix 26.0.7

[DE]Megan

59 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

‘Hold Melee’ will now perform heavy attack like it did before Phase 2.

Thanks for the Hotfix!

But this is not cool. Please give us the option to toggle this.
When using weapons with high attack speed every other attack is a heavy attack. 

45 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Converted Lich Trading is here: If you have a Converted Kuva Lich, you may trade them with another player who may be looking for a specific Kuva Lich Weapon or Ephemera. This system includes the use of a brand new Dojo Room inspired by the early ‘War Room’ design from the King Pin System! Liches can only be traded once - you cannot re-trade a Converted Lich past one person! 

So, what do we do with all the low-stat weapons that most people probably won't be willing to bother trading for?

What about allowing us to boost elemental damage when doing Valence transfers until we hit the 60% cap, even if just by a few percent per transfer? Then there'd be some use for the inevitable duplicates.

47 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Back-to-back Duplicates - Your Kuva Lich will no longer have the same weapon twice in a row. While you may get a duplicated weapon down the road, your Kuva Lich will have a guaranteed different weapon than its immediate predecessor.

I read the Workshop thread discussing this particular change, and more than one player pointed out how it doesn't help with the duplicate issue nearly as much as we'd like.

49 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

RECYCLE YOUR REQUIEM - 4 Defiled Requiem Mods can now be Transmuted into a random, fully charged, Requiem Mod. This gives them some additional use, as well as helping you clean up your Inventory.

Thank you, this is helpful.

51 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed Kuva Lich weapons that do damage on both impact and explosion (Kuva Ogris, Kuva Ayanga, etc) doing significantly less overall damage than expected. This was due to the Elemental bonus only being applied to the "on impact" of the projectile itself and not the explosion.

Does this apply to the Kuva Seer as well, then? It also has impact->explosion mechanics unless I'm totally mistaken.

Either way, many thanks for fixing the Kuva Ogris. I've been looking forward to using a high-damage, semi-auto rocket launcher for a while now. 🙂

53 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixes towards Ayatan Stars and other pickups that can’t be vacuumed launching themselves into unreachable corners. 

Ooor you could maybe make ayatan stars behave more like normal items and be vacuumable which would neatly prevent this from being a problem in the first place?

Speaking of unvacuumable items, please please please make Sentient Cores vacuumable. Nobody enjoys having a dozen item waypoints on their screens that are visible from almost halfway across the map (this has been an annoyance for a long time now). Aside from that, just being able to pick them up without having to run around in circles like a headless chicken would be great as well.

9 minutes ago, Mephane said:

I very much prefer the current firing mode of the Kuva Quartakk. I found the original Quartakk very clunky precisely because of the way firing modes worked, this here with full auto on hip fire and insta-burst when aim feels very nice.

I think by the 'Quatz mechanic' they meant how the weapon swaps between modes is by aiming, instead of the secondary fire button which most other weapons use. IMO the secondary toggle would be a lot better.

Some of the melee changes are nice. But the fact some mods are seeing a 100% buff increase suggests that all of this wasnt tested enough in the first place.

I still think the guardian set was nerfed too hard. You currently need a total of 4 separate mods equipped to get 40% crit bonus. Where as weeping wounds does 40% status bonus on a single mod. Something isnt right with gladiator set. Either that or it's broken.

Kuva lich system is terrible. I really could care less what you do with it. Did it one time and that's it for me. Terribly unrewarding loop. I might have had a different opinion if it came with new content but it didn't. It's just a reshuffled series of missions we already do.

Not interested in more time and money sinks in the ghost town dojos for special rooms that facilitate trading. Why the heck does there need to be a special room? Sounds like more padding to me. 24 hour build times, more wasted resources and foema.

The kuva lich weapons aren't good enough to justify a special system to acquire them. Nor should there be any more sinks passed onto the player just to trade.....a single time...smh

I also just found out that 5 forma grind on kuva weapons to level 40 doesn't improve the weapon. Which totally cheapens the entire grind involved even more. There's no stat increases as it levels up past 30 which makes it a bit of a placebo grind. I feel cheated that I'm on my 3rd forma only to discover we are grinding for an arbitrary number icon....

Converted Lich Trading is here: If you have a Converted Kuva Lich, you may trade them with another player who may be looking for a specific Kuva Lich Weapon or Ephemera. This system includes the use of a brand new Dojo Room inspired by the early ‘War Room’ design from the King Pin System! Liches can only be traded once - you cannot re-trade a Converted Lich past one person! 

Unfortunately, this method of not repeating the weapon doesn't help much. Because the method of the game is based on the Shadow Of Mordor style, because they don't implement the method of canceling the target by paying a Kuva amount (since we have to do this anyway). To cancel the goal, we could pay about 5k kuva.

I believe this would be a way of not boring the game style, as we still have to put 5 shapes on the weapons (no booster takes a while).

Surely several will not like my comment ... but well is more an opinion than a suggestion.

I would have liked that the exchange had only been between Lichs (lich for another lich) and not for Platinum or any object of the game.

Because despite the limit of one person per lich, the user who has a good amount of platinum, only has to look for 13-14 different people and ready, already has all the kuva weapons (and all the ephemeral probably also). 

Which I think will make this new system gradually fall into oblivion.

23 minutes ago, Blazekin said:

Love the changes and fixes but honestly what I really want is a faster way to get to simulacrum and more arsenals in simulacrum so more than one person can change equipment. Other than that i can't wait to see what ya'll have in store for us. Keep up the great work. ^_^

I'd love an orbiter or dojo decoration that sends us into the simulacrum. Ignoring the weapon's capacity in simulacrum would also be quite nice so I can test builds to see which polarity I'll need to forma.

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

‘Hold Melee’ will now perform heavy attack like it did before Phase 2.

This sucks for me, I hated when I accidentally did a charge attack and have to sit throw the animation! Can this be a toggle option in settings?

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

• Void Fissure Missions will now appear on all Kuva Fortress nodes! Previously, only Rescue/Survival missions on the Kuva Fortress were eligible due to other missions having an Archwing restriction; now the whole Fortress is eligible! 
  •  

Oh, please. Undo this change. As a matter of fact, leave only survival there. We don't actually care about the other mission types....except maybe capture, cuz it is fast for grouping.

1 hour ago, MirageKnight said:

- Acquiring Grendel is incredibly and needlessly grindy and tiring. Players are not only forced to run numerous Arbitrations to get the needed amount of Vitus Essence (75), but they are also required to run lengthy level 40 Excavation, Defense, and Survival missions without the aid of mods, arcanes or the Operator. I'm guessing this was introduced to provide "challenge" for whiny, entitled try-hards and "veterans". This isn't providing "challenge". This is placing hardcore arbitrary restrictions / conditions and immense pressure on a player to succeed. Grendel's parts being guaranteed rewards doesn't justify forcing us into missions where we are completely stripped of any and all bonuses. As far as being a reward for our troubles, Grendel might be fun, but he is not worth the slog.

I would have to disagree to some extent. That challenge, while annoying as hell, created some interesting co-op play between myself and a friend who duo ran all three missions together and trying out some frame combos we normally wouldve never done and found an interesting synergy that worked quite well for us. The duration of said missions, especially the excavation, is definitely something that could be improved but I appreciate this challenge idea rather than be the same ol' run quest, kill boss or repeat mission to get parts.

- Attempting a kill or conversion on a Lich nemesis with the Parazon without the right mod sequence or any mods should not result in the player dying, nor should it automatically level up the Lich. This is needlessly punishing. On defeat and a failed  "hack", the Lich should only initiate an emergency teleport escape so it can fight another day. In addition, the Lich should only be able to level up if it defeats the player in an actual fight. We level our weapons and 'Frames by defeating enemies. It should be no different with a Lich. When the Lich defeats a player, it teleports away and levels up. When it levels up, it only reclaims the nodes the player previously cleared out but doesn't spread further.

I'm personally fine with dying to the lich when having the wrong mod sequence equipped and how it levels up. I'm not at all fine with the amount of time it takes to go through the entire death sequence before being able to revive myself, which is incredibly time consuming. The Lich is portrayed to us to be an immortal being without having this special sequence of mods to defeat, so why would an immortal being willingly leave a fight if they don't kill their intended target like they claim they want to? And while we are space ninjas, we're up close and personal with them when we are going through the process, we're not exactly in a defensive stance the entire way through to be able to immediately "react" (character wise, not player wise) to the potential harm when we're in their face trying to stab them.

- Allowing Requiem mods to be rendered useless after 3 successful Lich kills / conversions fails to respect player time and effort and it's inconsistent with how all other mods work.

This was addressed in this hotfix. The useless mods can be transmuted into a random new one. It's inconsistent with the other mods sure, but it's also an entirely new system that uses the mod system as a base to put things on. They could have created an entire system to put these Requiem mods onto the parazon and called it entirely different, would you have the same feeling then with it being inconsistent if they weren't called mods and on a different system? They're a resource taking place in mod form because I believe it was easiest on DE to use existing systems rather than delaying the update for longer to create an additional layer to create their intended resource based lich design. These "mods" could've been equippable gear items that took actual resources and time to craft in the arsenal then used in mission via the gear wheel and be consumed on use, like razor-back ciphers and fomorian disruptors are, but they chose to take a different route with it.

Don't get me wrong MirageKnight, I agree with the rest of your long post on the changes for balance, etc and would love to see them all. But thought I'd respond with a few comments on some of them.

I don't see any mention of fixes and solutions for the following bugs and issues in the update notes, so here's a polite reminder. Quite a few of these are long-standing issues and concerns that have been reported elsewhere by other players as well as myself. 

Bugs: 

- Ranged Stealth kills do not trigger the stealth kill XP bonus timer. This has been broken for more than a month.

- Baruuk's Desolate Hands' orbiting daggers will target and kill wildlife, including animals that have been tranquilized for capture as part of Conservation activities. This makes Conservation activities impossible to complete while Desolate Hands is active. 

- Weapons glitching occasionally when Baruuk switches out from Serene Storm. 

- Loss of sfx for Baruuk's orbiting daggers when they transfer to other players when playing as a Client.

- Host Migrations on Defense missions can randomly reset some player scores to zero while leaving one player's scores intact. This happens after players elect to leave or stay for the next set of waves. 

- Host Migrations NOT "pausing" the game at times, wherein enemies will still attack and do damage to the player. This has been an issue for years and it can be game-breaking. 

- Garuda's Talons switch to their "undeployed" animation state after performing a Stealth Kill, even if the Talons were previously "equipped".

- Kuva Floods still do not reward Requiem Relics all the time.

Balance / Gameplay-related Issues and Concerns: 

- A Lich ally's contribution to gameplay is largely insignificant. The Lich will only show up at random when player health is very low and will leave after only 2 minutes. Lich allies need to be far more reliable to justify the grind spent obtaining them. Make them a summon-able ally via a deploy-able beacon.

- Acquiring Grendel is incredibly and needlessly grindy and tiring. Players are not only forced to run numerous Arbitrations to get the needed amount of Vitus Essence (75), but they are also required to run lengthy level 40 Excavation, Defense, and Survival missions without the aid of mods, arcanes or the Operator. I'm guessing this was introduced to provide "challenge" for whiny, entitled try-hards and "veterans". This isn't providing "challenge". This is placing hardcore arbitrary restrictions / conditions and immense pressure on a player to succeed. Grendel's parts being guaranteed rewards doesn't justify forcing us into missions where we are completely stripped of any and all bonuses. As far as being a reward for our troubles, Grendel might be fun, but he is not worth the slog.

- Attempting a kill or conversion on a Lich nemesis with the Parazon without the right mod sequence or any mods should not result in the player dying, nor should it automatically level up the Lich. This is needlessly punishing. On defeat and a failed  "hack", the Lich should only initiate an emergency teleport escape so it can fight another day. In addition, the Lich should only be able to level up if it defeats the player in an actual fight. We level our weapons and 'Frames by defeating enemies. It should be no different with a Lich. When the Lich defeats a player, it teleports away and levels up. When it levels up, it only reclaims the nodes the player previously cleared out but doesn't spread further.

- Allowing Requiem mods to be rendered useless after 3 successful Lich kills / conversions fails to respect player time and effort and it's inconsistent with how all other mods work.

- Duplicate Kuva weapons are a bad thing and this needs to be properly addressed. This really doesn't seem to cut it but we'll see. When generating a Lich nemesis for a player, the game should do one of two things. The first would be to check for existing Kuva weapons in the player's inventory and only equip the Lich with a random weapon that the player does NOT have. This would to prevent instances of players winding up with duplicate Kuva weapons. If the player has all the Kuva weapons that are available, the game is allowed to generate a random Kuva weapon for the Lich nemesis. There's still a bit of grind and randomness involved to get the weapon you want, but as stated earlier, at least there's no chance of getting a duplicate weapon. Another idea would be to give the Larva a regular version of the Kuva weapon it would get if it became a Lich nemesis. This way, players can quickly decide as to whether or not to simply gun down the Larva and let it die or trigger it so that it turns into a Lich with the appropriate Kuva weapon. The second solution gives the player more agency and a better idea of what they'd wind up getting at the end of the grind.

- Having Kuva and Ayatan Amber Stars as possible rewards for cracking open Requiem Relics is nothing more than needless drop-table filler.

- Kuva Weapons require no less than 5 Forma each to get Mastery for them, which is inconsistent with how other weapons work. Don't even bring the Paracesis into this - it's not even comparable in terms of acquisition and origin.

- There is a need for an opt-out mechanic / "peace offering" option for players that have a Lich nemesis that they don't or no longer want to fight for whatever reason.

- Mercy Kills on anything but Lich nemesis enemies are largely pointless. In addition, the window of opportunity to perform a Mercy Kill on regular enemies is ridiculously small.

- Nekros Shadows are affected by Oberon's Renewal despite Nekros having his own means of "healing" them if the player so desires. This can pose a large and unreasonable energy drain on Oberon players who are modded for healing. Shadows need and should be exempt from the effects of Renewal.

- Nikanas lack fluidity post U26. The base stance uses essentially the same W+E combo as Decisive Judgement and Tranquil Cleave, which interrupts player movement after every other attack.

- Warframes with spam-able "Nuke" abilities, such as Saryn, Equinox, Mesa, and Volt, are still not co-op friendly due to being able to dominate small defense maps by hogging the vast majority of kills. All players should be able to contribute and participate in missions in meaningful ways with whatever 'Frame they choose, not be bored to tears because someone was able to delete most of the enemies for everyone else with extremely powerful and easy to spam abilities that also has massive range. Nerf nuke abilities to more acceptable levels and you'll also make CC-based 'Frames relevant again without the need to rework them.

- Zenistar's default timer for having the disc out is still too low, nor should the timer's length be based on combos.

Also, it would be really appreciated if you all could: 

- Allow us, if it's possible, to opt out of certain Warframe abilities (such as Volt's Speed and Limbo's Rift Walk portals) via a game preference toggle. We can turn off Octavia's sounds for other players because of how intrusive they can be, so why not potentially intrusive abilities? Not everyone wants to be Rifted or wind up running around like a Russian Dwarf Hamster on meta-amphetamines. Win-win for all, with no need for a player to have to "manually opt out" by rolling / dodging every time an intrusive ability is activated and winds up adversely affecting said player. 

- Buff fashion frame / customization a bit and give us a color wheel picker to choose colors from instead of having to scroll though numerous pallets to find the color we want. Grey out color blocks on the wheel that are associated with pallets that a player doesn't own.

- Please bring back regular Alerts for players that either can't or don't want to deal with Nightwave. Players appreciate having options and Nightwave has not been particularly new-player friendly. To add to this, a number of players have complained about how Nitain is now being effectively locked behind Nightwave credits and a very unreliable reward system (Sabotage & Cetus Bounty, the latter only when Ghouls are present). 

- Lower the credit cost to build Ephemera and drop the resource costs substantially. It's a purely cosmetic item that does nothing but leave footprints / trails that disappear after a few seconds. Also, if these are supposed to be a prestige item / badge of honor...they need to be a GUARANTEED reward when reaching a particular milestone. If not, lower the grind needed to acquire them please. 

Thanks for reading. No, I really couldn't care less if certain points I've made here are unpopular with certain members of the community. My concern is that the game be as functional, balanced, and enjoyable for as many players as is reasonably possible. 

Well said mate. Still they need to invest more on the lore, content and even more on correcting bugs, instead of fashion content and nerfing certain equipments:) Lets us see what will come on the future ones.

Wellp, gonna miss warframe, I was just waiting to see if DE would give us diversity in playstyles and builds. But seems that they will not listen to the current Blood Rush and CO issue and don't want to give players options of different playstyles equally effectives with the old BR and CO in the final of the dmg formula.

I'm just sad that "they don't wont that player in the game".... I had fun, got over 7k hours between accounts, praised this game with all my passion, helped more people a teached so much stuff, brought the best of the people around me, and now they don't want me to play high mobility melee with scaling damage and have a problem that we have so many things that are more powerful, but people had the choice of using something for conveniece and fun like the catchmoon.

gonna miss warframe, so much dedication and passion don't die so easily, problably gonna try chinaframe  from time to time.

Neither me, the seller, nor the other player, the buyer, can see the lich bio in the trading menu. No way for seller to link the lich in the chat (like rivens) for the buyer to see if he is getting the right one. Is it for real, or am I missing something?

Increased the chance of your Kuva Lich to have an Ephemera from 5% to 10%. Newly birthed Liches will have the 10% chance, while existing Liches will still be at 5%. Old Liches that are traded and "reactivated" will also be at 5%.

Can anyone elaborate on this for me? I am very confused. What do they mean "Existing liches will still be at 5%"? Wouldn't liches that exist pre-patch already be decided as having an Ephemera, or not having an Ephemera? I was under the impression that Ephemera are visible on the lich as soon as it's spawned from a larvling. This almost implies like you don't know you have an ephemera until after you capture/kill it. Also, traded and "reactivated"?

This is all really confusingly worded.

Archived