Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

WISP SPEEDBOOST - OPT OUT PLEASE.

Do_Not_C9

3 minutes ago, (XB1)SwiftBMF said:

How do you opt out of Volts because I hate it.

Think it same as limbos rift you dodge but im not 100% sure for never really jumped out of the speed.

Edit: ok it was back flip  was thinking something in game had the back flip mechanics but thought that would be to complicated just to turn of the speed boost.

Edited by Emolition

2 minutes ago, (XB1)SwiftBMF said:

How do you opt out of Volts because I hate it.

Aim + Roll backwards turns off the speed buff from volt. Will need to be done every time the ability is applied. Likewise for Limbo's Rift, simply rolling will suffice to remove yourself from it. And as the post suggests, no opt out of Wisp (yet?)

3 minutes ago, Kalbintion said:

no opt out of Wisp (yet?)

none that I know of beyond don't pick up the motes...  Which presumes that

a) they're not just placed around the corner

b) you don't get cc'd into the circle

c) they're not on an objective you absolutely need to stand on

... or worse:  I ran into someone with energy colour set to black. (They were very kind, just didn't like glowy effects onscreen presumably.)

Just now, Do_Not_C9 said:

... or worse:  I ran into someone with energy colour set to black. (They were very kind, just didn't like glowy effects onscreen presumably.)

The "(yet?)" portion was to refer to DE possibly, sometime in the future, offering a way to opt-out of it rather than saying that it's a fact that won't change. But yeah all those are valid points and I myself use a darker color (mines a darker purple/blue, still visible but not in your face) for the massive glowy effects on screen (see: anyone using white energy-color ignis)

Wow, so much disrespect for the space turnips...

Alright, fine...you all want to shun the glory that is the space turnip, which may or may not be a parasitic ploy, then just give the Reservoirs themselves a "Press X to opt-out" feature and a "Press X to opt-back-in" feature. Now you can opt-out of any mote you don't want spiraling your frame ominously waiting for you to turn your back so it can take root and implant secret genetic coding, and keep the motes you want, by simply running up to its respective reservoir and giving it a little tickle tickle via X. This also ensures that you won't accidentally opt-out via movement...like with what can happen in other opt-out mechanics that restrict your movement capabilities, if you want to maintain the effect.

...I, for one, am hurt though. Wounded. Truly. Deeply.

26 minutes ago, Do_Not_C9 said:

" How do you opt out of Volts because I hate it. "

Do a backflip ingame.

Which is a really terrible mechanic.  The backflip animation takes a little while, and some (many?) Volts don't build for duration.  And Speed seems to have a natural duration of about fifteen seconds.  Nevermind the Volts who spam it just because, or because they think it actually stacks or something.

I can *mostly* deal with playing as Wisp or Nezha because I can control when the speed boost starts and build for duration so it doesn't wear off instantly.  But I despise Volt Speed and Zephyr's Turbulence augment.  It makes me feel ill to have the speed suddenly (and from my point of view pretty randomly) leaping up and back to normal.  And I hate that the "solution" is that I'm expected to backflip every few seconds if I don't like it.

I consider Volt Speed to be a worse griefing power than Limbo Banish, personally.

5 minutes ago, TenebraeAeterna said:

Wow, so much disrespect for the space turnips...

Alright, fine...you all want to shun the glory that is the space turnip, which may or may not be a parasitic ploy, then just give the Reservoirs themselves a "Press X to opt-out" feature and a "Press X to opt-back-in" feature. Now you can opt-out of any mote you don't want spiraling your frame ominously waiting for you to turn your back so it can take root and implant secret genetic coding, and keep the motes you want, by simply running up to its respective reservoir and giving it a little tickle tickle via X. This also ensures that you won't accidentally opt-out via movement...like with what can happen in other opt-out mechanics that restrict your movement capabilities, if you want to maintain the effect.

...I, for one, am hurt though. Wounded. Truly. Deeply.

Or they could just make it an Options toggle, like they did with Octavia so that you don't have to listen to other players' earbleed.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, EmberStar said:

Or they could just make it an Options toggle, like they did with Octavia so that you don't have to listen to other players' earbleed.

I guess...

It just seems more practical to add a "Press X to opt-out" with the ability to do such again to opt back in. The reason I say that is because not everyone is going to want to always opt-out, but may want to for specific missions, builds, or only want to opt-out of certain motes. Doing such all through the options screen is going to take a lot more time and leave one open to a lot more issues in-game, and people would likely forget out of game. To each their own though.

1 hour ago, Do_Not_C9 said:

Yeah... I don't like it either tbh.

When I play her I put the green mote in a corner always but a lot of wisp player like to drop them in the middle of doorways or narrow corridors for some reason. I think opt out is probably one of the better solutions because some people simply don´t care about others (or just want to troll).

Edited by Arcira

2 hours ago, (PS4)Ozymandias-13- said:

Oddly enough, I'd like to opt out of the shock mote buff.

It actually interferes with things such as Rage mods, and a few other things (can't remember at the moment) when you don't want enemies stunned when entering melee range. 

ah never thought of that. i just never use it unless its starting to be a struggle, aka beyond sortie 3 level. and i love wisps haste buff, its not as ridiculous as volts and is very manageable to me, didnt realize people didnt like it.

2 hours ago, Do_Not_C9 said:

I can opt out of volt speed-boost

You cannot.

Back flipping is not an opt out. An opt out is not synonymous with deactivating something, no matter how many times it's used as such.

Misusage of the term makes things needlessly confusing, as we get repeated threads of people asking for an opt out followed by a bunch of responses incorrectly stating that there is an opt out, and then listing the way to temporarily deactivate the buff.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, TenebraeAeterna said:

I guess...

It just seems more practical to add a "Press X to opt-out" with the ability to do such again to opt back in. The reason I say that is because not everyone is going to want to always opt-out, but may want to for specific missions, builds, or only want to opt-out of certain motes. Doing such all through the options screen is going to take a lot more time and leave one open to a lot more issues in-game, and people would likely forget out of game. To each their own though.

How is that different than the Octavia toggle?  I leave other player's music on most of the time.  But if I'm in the mission with a dakkadakkadakka earbleed, I appreciate the ability to turn her OFF without losing the ability to hear my own music (if I happen to also be playing Octavia.)

For the speed boost, I want the ability to turn it off.  Forever.  I don't WANT to get movement speed buffs from other players most of the time (actually almost ever.)  As I said, I can *tolerate* Wisp because it usually lasts a while and if I want to keep a steady speed I can just stay close enough to the flowers to keep refreshing it.  (Speaking only for myself, it's the uncontrollable changes in speed that make me sick.  I can play Wisp or Nezha on my own because I can control the speed boost and keep it running more or less permanently if I want.)

1 minute ago, EmberStar said:

How is that different than the Octavia toggle?  I leave other player's music on most of the time.  But if I'm in the mission with a dakkadakkadakka earbleed, I appreciate the ability to turn her OFF without losing the ability to hear my own music (if I happen to also be playing Octavia.)

For the speed boost, I want the ability to turn it off.  Forever.  I don't WANT to get movement speed buffs from other players most of the time (actually almost ever.)  As I said, I can *tolerate* Wisp because it usually lasts a while and if I want to keep a steady speed I can just stay close enough to the flowers to keep refreshing it.  (Speaking only for myself, it's the uncontrollable changes in speed that make me sick.  I can play Wisp or Nezha on my own because I can control the speed boost and keep it running more or less permanently if I want.)

This

8 hours ago, EmberStar said:

The answer to that has already been given within the thread.

There are people who also want to turn off the shock mote and that's two out of the three motes that people want an opt-out feature for. For those who aren't looking for a more long-term opt-out, it's going to be somewhat tedious to go in and out of the option menu for each and every mission when they remember that, several missions ago, they turned off the options but are in a mission where they would have wanted them...if they remember at all.

Basically, what I'm saying is that the issue isn't simply "put an off switch" in the options menu.

• Some people want to turn off the speed mote.
  • Some people want to turn off the shock mote.
  • Some people want to do this for specific builds.
  • Some people want to do this for motion sickness.

With that said...

I'm not opposed to tossing these opt-out features into the options menu, but I still think that the "press X to opt-out" feature on each individual reservoir should be added too for those that are looking to temporarily turn them off for different reasons. It's more versatile.

Just now, TenebraeAeterna said:

The answer to that has already been given within the thread.

There are people who also want to turn off the shock mote and that's two out of the three motes that people want an opt-out feature for. For those who aren't looking for a more long-term opt-out, it's going to be somewhat tedious to go in and out of the option menu for each and every mission when they remember that, several missions ago, they turned off the options but are in a mission where they would have wanted them...if they remember at all.

Basically, what I'm saying is that the issue isn't simply "put an off switch" in the options menu.

• Some people want to turn off the speed mote.
  • Some people want to turn off the shock mote.
  • Some people want to do this for specific builds.
  • Some people want to do this for motion sickness.

With that said...

I'm not opposed to tossing these opt-out features into the options menu, but I still think that the "press X to opt-out" feature on each individual reservoir should be added too for those that are looking to temporarily turn them off for different reasons. It's more versatile.

How is it more versatile?  If there's more than one Wisp, you'd have to disable each mote for each Wisp.  If you want it to disable that *type,* the menu option is still simpler.  And people who don't like a type of mote probably aren't going to like it MORE in the next mission.  As i said, the menu option would work exactly like the "Mute other Octavia" option.  If you *want* to turn it on and off, you can.  It's slightly clunky, but it's a lot less clunky than turning off the in-game audio (or taking off your headphones) and experiencing what it's like to be deaf.

Adding the prompt to the motes would also add in-mission clutter, and potentially be trollable.  Oh, I can't activate the Survival pod because the Wisp accidentally put a Mote on it, and she isn't casting a new one to move it.  Or this alarm panel.  Or this SPY panel.  And yes, given that people will play Limbo and then act in a way that directly cripples the rest of their team "for the lulz," I can totally see someone abusing an Interact prompt they can put whereever they want.  (And if mission consoles take precedence that opens up the reverse trolling, a Max Range, Max Speed Wisp who drops the annoying motes on the useless Alarm panels that exist in some Defense missions.)

The "interact with motes" idea also doesn't solve the issue of "I don't want NON-Wisp speed buffs from other players."  It just duplicates the current problem of "If you don't like Volt Speed, just Backflip.  Out of a a power that even a non-troll Volt has to cast basically constantly."