Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So are grineer cannibals?

Matheoryon

I heard one of the braids at an announcement screen in Taveuni say something along the lines of "...your body will be collected by food services...", which implies they eat their fallen? She also says at one point during kuva siphon failures that she will grind them "into miniature dumplings". Since bodies are in plentiful supply, I assume its also the most efficient method of getting food as well. Ghouls apparently just eat their enemies as well(maggots).

Worm Queen is a cannibal, and not shy about it. also, my headcanon for disappearing corpses/gibs is that they get teleported to "recycling" departments where they are mulched into raw DNA pulp, their armour and weapons retrieved and put back into inventory, and they themselves get put into the next batch of clone DNA. for Corpus I imagine the same, except organic materials are used only for testing purposes to see if they can be applied to new proxy models.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

Worm Queen is a cannibal, and not shy about it. also, my headcanon for disappearing corpses/gibs is that they get teleported to "recycling" departments where they are mulched into raw DNA pulp, their armour and weapons retrieved and put back into inventory, and they themselves get put into the next batch of clone DNA. for Corpus I imagine the same, except organic materials are used only for testing purposes to see if they can be applied to new proxy models.

What species is her body, though? Strictly speaking, she may be less of a cannibal and more just a predator.

5 minutes ago, Frenotx said:

What species is her body, though? Strictly speaking, she may be less of a cannibal and more just a predator.

I think parasite is a better term, she seemed to live off of the Elder Queen in The War Within, and she doesn't really seem to be an Orokin herself. also like a parasite, she has an insatiable hunger and doesn't really care what she feeds off of. eating your own soldiers isn't the best military strategy but girls gotta eat, you know?

2 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

I think parasite is a better term, she seemed to live off of the Elder Queen in The War Within, and she doesn't really seem to be an Orokin herself. also like a parasite, she has an insatiable hunger and doesn't really care what she feeds off of. eating your own soldiers isn't the best military strategy but girls gotta eat, you know?

For sure. I was just pointing out that's it's not quite cannibalism if the thing you're eating isn't the same thing you are. Even if she was originally orokin, the grineer are presumably pretty divergent from that genetically, by now.

6 hours ago, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

Well got to do something with all the bodies after a tenno rips through a base and hey some come pre sliced or cooked

It would take a very brave Grineer to eat one killed by a viral or toxic weapon... Not to mention the potential complications of radiation-tainted corpses

I have a feeling they just burn/eject into space the bodies that result from our casual strolls (or onslaughts, whatever you prefer to call them) onto their ships, lest their casualty count double from quite literal food poisoning