Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave Rework Idea

(XBOX)Tikkttam81

Introduction (Heyooooooooooo!)

Okay, so the Nightwave was a much welcome change to Alerts as it allowed players to farm for what they wanted from Alerts when they could farm it (iie: now we no longer need mobile notifications telling us to rush home or wake up in the middle of the night to farm what we wanted). But the Nightwave system still has its flaws.

Nightwave's Existing "Battle Pass"

Currently, the Nightwave rewards are set up in a "Battle Pass" manner. Usually, this method keeps the higher rewards in proportionate with the time spent by players (ie: more dedicated players earn better rewards); leaving players with less time to play with lesser rewards. However, DE, being sexily considerate as usual, made sure to combat that by leaving more than adequate time and plenty bounties so players with less time could complete the entirety of the Battle Pass as well, so there's less chance of anyone not completing the Battle Pass. So, what's the issue?

The Issues with Battle Passes

Battle Passes require you to beat each Rank/Reward to progress to the next Rank/Reward, meaning there will be many rewards that one must earn that are potentially undesired by the player, but still required to achieve as Rank/Rewards in order to get the Rank/Reward they're after; leaving the grind for many rewards a particularly timely one even regardless of deadline extensions, where as the old Alert system allowed for quick tasks and even quicker rewards. Battle Passes function indirectly as time-spent punch cards.

Nightwave's Bounties and Related Issues

Currently, Nightwave Ranks are achieved by earning Reputation through Bounties, such as: Bullet Jumping, Completing Perfect Animal Captures in specific Open Worlds, Catching Rare Fish in specific Open Worlds, Completing Bounties in specific Open Worlds, Completing Specific Mission Types (Exterminates, Invasions, Fissures, Sorties, etc), etc. All of that is rather specific things in rather specific places, often dragging players through potentially trivial and essentially unrelated content that players may not would be doing otherwise (ie: Low Level missions, Gear specific missions, and orherwise completed content.

Reworks, Fixes Maybe (Is it over? Yay)

Maybe a more time and activity friendly Nightwave where: the activities and tasks are more reward specific (ie: Reward A can be earned by completing Tasks A), the Bounties are less restricted to particular content (so players can play what they want to and be more likely to multitask Nightwave bounties (Maybe Bounties more similar to Destiny's Record Book Tasks?), and Bounties are collectively piled instead of the daily/weekly spoonfeeding? My hopes with these changes are that they'd benefit dedicated and casual players alike and make the Nightwave grind less time consuming and interruptive from the grinds we love.

PS: pwease don't beat me up and take my floofs, I've been a mostly good Tenno for Ordis this year. And feel free to add any additions/suggestions or ask any questions. Also DE, if any of you read this, sorry if I sounded formal-ish or inpolite, I love Warframe and Nightwave, I'm just trying to offer some pleasure polish. \(^^)/

• Like 1

Dedicated players would plow through it and newer players would look at a wall of tasks and be turned off.

This doesn't really address the "problems" Nightwave is intended to solve, so much as look at the gameplay "problems" it is trying to solve and completely ignore them. Nightwave, and battle passes in general, are designed to get people to play the game as much as possible. Your idea would just incentivize doing everything at once and then ignoring the game until the next season begins, something that already happens with Warframe updates but not something the devs would ever actively encourage through game systems.

The neat side effect of the system as-is is that you now have people, regardless of whether they want to or not, play pretty much everything available to play in the game. More data means you now have something to use to change things in the game to better fit the players. Everyone has their favorite frame, weapons, game modes, that one reward you really want. DE isn't making your game they are making a game for lots of people.

50 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

Dedicated players would plow through it and newer players would look at a wall of tasks and be turned off.

This doesn't really address the "problems" Nightwave is intended to solve, so much as look at the gameplay "problems" it is trying to solve and completely ignore them. Nightwave, and battle passes in general, are designed to get people to play the game as much as possible. Your idea would just incentivize doing everything at once and then ignoring the game until the next season begins, something that already happens with Warframe updates but not something the devs would ever actively encourage through game systems.

The neat side effect of the system as-is is that you now have people, regardless of whether they want to or not, play pretty much everything available to play in the game. More data means you now have something to use to change things in the game to better fit the players. Everyone has their favorite frame, weapons, game modes, that one reward you really want. DE isn't making your game they are making a game for lots of people.

Dedicated players blow through everything. Everyone could multi-task better with my suggestion, resulting in the wall of Bounties being quicker to finish than Nightwave as is. And maybe DE should spice up game modes or provide reason to play them if they want players to play them or feel too few people are playing particular missions or modes rather than encouraging them to play things they don't like to. Also, doing like five top tier Bounties seems totally fair for a top tier Reward (it was fair enough for POE and OV Bounties). And I was encouraging DE to make the bounties so players were more free to choose whatever gear or mission they wanted to complete Bounties on (ie: I can do __________ missions with ___________  for __________ if I want since such and such Bounties are just something like XP Earned, Critical Kills, Energy Picked Up, or Resources Collected). I wasn't expecting DE to cater to any of my play preferences.